Chapter 3 (The Tough Decision)

Another Love Story

BOM's POV

Later that night, during dinner......

"Aaah. It's been a while since we've all gathered together like this," appa said.

"Oh, Bom, you dyed your hair?" Daesung oppa asked.

"Yeah. I trimmed my hair as well," I replied.

"Aigoo. You should let your hair grow longer! Its already short! Its even shorter than my hair!" Daesung oppa complained.

"Its so tiring to have long hair. I like it short," I said.

"I already told her to let her hair grow, but she wouldn't listen to me," Dara unni interrupted.

"Hyung, when are you two going to marry?" Seungri oppa asked as he pointed to Youngbae oppa and Dara unni.

Youngbae oppa and Dara unni choked right after they heard what Seungri said. I immediately gave them two glasses of water to drink.

"Sorry Dara ah, my Seungri is always like that. He is always straight forward," omma said.

"Bom too," Jiyong oppa interrupted.

Everyone at the table laughed except me. I didn't have the mood at the moment.

"Bom ah, why aren't you eating your food?" Daesung oppa asked.

"I don't have any appetite," I replied solemnly.

"You? No appetite? You must be in your worst nightmare!" Seungri oppa teased.

Everyone started to realise something was wrong because I didn't get mad after Seungri oppa teased me, which was actually unusual.

"Omma. Why didn't you tell us before, about your sickness?" I asked.

Everyone was shocked right after hearing what I said.

"Bom ah. I'm sorry for not telling you this earlier," omma replied, feeling quite guilty.

"Just me? You mean, everyone else knows about it except, me?" I asked.

"Y-yes," she stuttered. "I'm so sorry,"

"Omma, that doesn't matter. I have something to tell you," I replied.

"I've been thinking since this morning...I think, it's time for me to take your place at the company. So, please find some men for me and set up a few marriage interviews with them. I'll choose whoever suits to my liking," I continued.

"No!" omma exclaimed.

"No?" I asked.

"I said no! I totally do not want you to marry a guy you do not love!" she exclaimed.

"But omma, I can't stand seeing you like this. You're sick, and I know that you've been waiting for me to get married. So, just let me marry some guy," I sobbed.

"Bom ah, please don't be like this," appa calmed me down.

"Then, if you don't want to, I'll do what I have to do," I replied.

"What are you going to do? Bom, please, don't do something stupid," Jiyong oppa said.

"I'm going to find my true love. Someone who loves me for who I am. Someone who loves me not because I'm rich. Someone who will forever be with me," I said.

"How are you going to do that?" Jiyong oppa asked.

"Omma, appa, please let me move out of the house. I, am going to disguise myself as a poor person and find my true love," I replied.

"Are you really going to do that?" appa asked.

"Yes," I replied. "So, please find for me a low-class apartment to live in and a job,"

"A job?" appa asked.

"Yes. I want to earn my own money and live like a normal person," I explained.

"If that is what you want, I do not have the right to stop you. Daesung, find a place for Bom to stay. I, will find a job for you at the agency," appa replied.

"Really? You're not against me?" I asked.

"Yes, because that's what I did before I met your father," omma replied.

"You mean, appa fell in love with omma, unknowing that omma is rich?" I asked.

"Uhm," both of them replied.

"Omo! Why didn't you tell me to do this earlier? I could've found my true love earlier," I pouted.

"Why do you keep talking about your true love when you actually hate men?" Daesung oppa teased.

"I almost forgot! If I hate men, how am I supposed to fall in love? Its not going to be easy!" I replied.