Be Mine

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

 

Chapter 24-Be Mine

 

 

 

 

March 27, 2264

Shanghai, China
2:15 PM




Sungyeol was staring out the window of his cabin at the white wisps of the clouds when he heard a beep by his right foot. Tearing his eyes away from the slightly fogging glass, he frowned when he noticed a familiar looking object laying on the floor.

"Is this the-?" He picked it up, and examined it, confirming his guess. L's walkie talkie was going off, while it's owner lay on a single bed across from Sungyeol.

The blinking red light on the device continued to flash, so rather then going and waking the other boy up, Sungyeol pushed the button he assumed would connect the lines, and held it to his ear. He assumed it was Sunggyu's walkie talkie-the leader had ended up asking Myungsoo to make three; one for himself, one for the artist, and the last one for the Beasts.

"Hello?"

"Myungsoo?"

Sitting up straighter, the choding swallowed, his eyes going wide. "Do-doojoon?" He had definitely not been expecting that.

 

"Yes-this isn't Myungsoo is it? Who is this?"


"Sung-sungyeol."

 

There was a pause before a long 'aaaah', "I remember you. The Power that disappeared. Anyways, is Sunggyu or Dongwoo or Myungsoo or anyone around?"

"I think everyone is sleeping," He replied dryily, stretching one arm above his head as he fought to keep his nerves in check. He hadn't spoken to Doojoon much while he had been at the Beast's hideout, but he was still wary of his power. He had easily surpressed two of the Infinites best fighters, Hoya and Woohyun, and had even messed with Sunggyu's respected and fearsome Power. Sungyeol knew that something was wrong with his Power-he didn't know what specifically, but he didn't make any plans to piss off Doojoon. Once he got his Power back, he had no intention of ever losing it again-it felt like a part of him was missing. He hated it.

"Where are you guys?" The Beast leader quickly asked, his voice rushed, as he brought the boy back to reality.

 

Glancing out the window at the rippling waters below them, Sungyeol shrugged, even though the other obviously couldn't see it. "We changed our flight schedule. Right now we're heading towards Vietnam, and then going straight to Singapo-"

"When did you guys change it?" Doojoon interrupted. Sungyeol thought he heard voices in the background, but he ignored them.

"I dunno, a couple of hours ago? We're going to be arriving soo-"

Doojoon started cursing on the other line, startling Sungyeol enough that he forgot to get mad that the boy had interrupted him again.

"What?! What's happening?!"

 

His voice cracked as it rose, nothing unusual for him since it did it quite often, but it was enough to wake Myungsoo from his slumber and sit straight up. "'Yeol? What's wrong?" He slipped off the bed and approached his friend quietly, as the boy waited for the man on the line to give him a reply.

A second later, Doojoon went straight to action, "Sungyeol, I need you to tell your pilot, or Sunggyu or someone, that you can not go to Vietnam! Understand? Do not go to Vietnam!"

 

Myungsoo frowned as he noticed the electronic in the Teleporter's hand, and listened to the voice. He furrowed his brows as he listened to Doojoon give the orders to Sungyeol. "Why not?" He called out so the Beast could hear him.

 

There was a scuffling noise and suddenly Hyunseung was speaking, "Because I've just gotten word that a group of Hunters recently found you and your flight schedule and are heading after you right this instant. These Hunters call themselves U-K, and are known to be ruthless with their victims. They're some of Asia's best Hunters, though there are several others on par with them. Like MBLAQ and Bi-" He stopped, and there was just silence.

 

There was another rustling noise and Doojoon spoke quietly, his voice urgent and commanding. "Just tell Sunggyu that you have to change the plan. Even if that means just going straight to Singapore-you need to be unpredictable. Do not land in Vietnam. Tell him to keep the walkie talkies charged-I will be catching the fastest hiring jet to Singapore right away. I'll meet you guys there." There was a clicking noise and then static as the signal died.

 

Sungyeol pulled the device from his ear and raised his eyebrow at it, before shooting a look at Myungsoo, who appeared just as confused. A look of determination stole over his face a moment later and he nudged his friend's shoulder and headed for the door.


"Come on, 'Yeol. We have to go tell the others."

 

 

-v-v-v-
 

 

March 27, 2264

Singapore, Singapore
5:17 PM
 


Myungsoo was the last to enter the room to their rented home, and he closed it with a snap before looking around the room. After Sunggyu had finished freaking out about Sungyeol and himself informing him about the Beast's message, they had spoken to Soojung. Of course she got annoyed at them, and Tae Joong even raised a brow and frowned, but they changed their course anyways, with the pilot warning them that if her jet was searched and confiscated, they would owe her their future children. 

They had landed safely in Singapore around 4:45ish, but had been delayed when Sunggyu had to book a new villa for them using Tablo's card to stay at since their previous booking wasn't for another few days. Luckily they found one that wasn't too close to the city and wasn't too far away-a good position so that they wouldn't be on edge all the time like they would if they were in the city, and yet they could still reach civilization if they needed to. Not to mention, it had a private jet pad in the back-it wasn't too uncommon, as people were able to pay for their own aircrafts more frequently over the years, but it was still very handy for Soojung's jet.

 

"Everyone, I need you to be quiet for a minute." Sunggyu called, drawing Myungsoo from his thoughts and making him gaze towards the center of the large foyer they were in where his leader stood. "After discussing it on the trip over here with a couple of you guys, I've decided on what we would do for now." He took a deep breath and continued, "Approximately half of us will go search and see if we can find anything about Sofia or Jiyong. The other half will stay here-we're too large of a group to walk around Singapore unnoticed-it would only be a matter of time for the Singaporean Hunters spies to notice us and at that point we'd lose any chance of finding those two." When there were no objections, he nodded, "Alright, I'm going to list off the people going with me to search. Mei, you're coming since you're my partner."

"Damn right," She smirked, looking satisfied, replacing the annoyed emotions she had been expressing for the past day or so.

"Sungyeol, you're coming as well-if we find either of them, it's best to have you there so we can get your Powers back ASAP. That also means Sungjong and Ji Ae are coming as well."

"Are we going out to eat for dinner?" The boy asked childishly, pretending to be nonchalant about the issue. There were a few eye rolls and some chuckles, though no one protested his immature question-they didn't want the choding Sungyeol to disappear again and be replaced with the gloomy, shocked one.

 

Sighing, Sunggyu gave him a faint smile, "Maybe we can grab something on the go. The people who stay here can order in or send two or three people out to get it." He turned away and searched the group of people to find the final face. "And Tae Joong, you're coming as well. Everyone else stays."

 

Hoya suddenly stepped forward, his expression confused and a little angry. "Why can't I go? I'm one of your best fighters!"

 

The leader met his dark gaze evenly, "True, but in each of the groups, there needs to be someone who has seen the vision of the people attacking us-so we know who to stay away from. I'm going with the group searching, which leaves Sanghee to stay here. Since she's your partner, you have to stay as well. Also, because she is the only other person who foresaw the attack, you need to keep special guard on her."

"I can take care of myself," Sanghee muttered, shooting an annoyed look at the two, causing Myungsoo to smirk lightly as he was reminded why he liked her so much. Sure, she may have rejected him once, but that doesn't mean he was going to give up on her. Maybe at some point in the future...

"Did you take on the two men in your vision and win?" Sunggyu questioned her, narrowing his eyes. When she paled and looked away, he shook his head. "No, you didn't. It's better to be safe than sorry. Just stay with Hoya at all times, understand?" Not waiting for a reply, he went on.

 

"Hoya is staying because he needs to protect Sanghee, and Soojung is staying because if the searching group runs into trouble, we'll radio you guys, and you can head for the jet and get it prepped for take off. So again, that's why Myungsoo and Dongwoo have to stay-you have to protect one of our pilots." He gestured towards Tae Joong, "He's coming with us for the same reason-it's best to not clump the only people who know how to operate the jet together. If something happens to one group, and the other needs to get away, then there has to be a pilot with them."

"What about me? And Jinri? Why are we staying?" Woohyun asked, crossing his arms.

"Simply because the group that is searching is only doing that-searching. If you come along, we'll probably get into a fight," He responded dryly, while Jinri snickered. "At most, if we get into a hostile situation, I'll freeze time and we can escape or get away. We don't want to freak out Sofia or Jiyong with a show of brute force."

Sunggyu paused before saying one last thing, "Any questions? No? Good. Alright. Group A, you're with me. Go put your bags in your rooms with your partner or partners, take a bathroom break, eat a snack really quick, do whatever, and then meet back at this spot in 20 minutes. Group B, your leader is Dongwoo while I'm gone-he'll make the decisions around here. Stay in here and try not to leave this building unless it is of extreme importance."

 

He picked up his bag full of borrowed cloths from Beast and recently bought items, and headed for the room closest to the front door, Mei strolling behind him at a leisurely pace. Myungsoo blinked as he watched the others disperse, before following Dongwoo and Soojung's movement with his eyes as they walked up the stairs to the second floor with Sungyeol, Sungjong and Ji Ae.

Standing alone in the foyer, the boy let out a breath and shot one last glance at Hoya and Sanghee's room, before moving towards the stairs to join his two partners.

 

 

-v-v-v-


March 27, 2264
Singapore, Singapore
5:44 PM


"Sunggyuuu, how are we going to look for them?" Sungjong asked the question that was on everyone's mind as they moved through the bustling streets of the capital.

He frowned as he thought, "We should find a quide-someone who can show us around Singapore-once we get the hang of it, we can start looking by ourselves."

"A guide?" Sungyeol raised an eyebrow, "Where are we going to find a guide-"

He stopped talking abruptly as Tae Joong, who was walking beside him, accidently bumped shoulders with a stranger. The person stumbled before tripping over their own feet and fallen onto their knees on the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" Tae Joong said panickly, moving to help the person, a young teenage girl, up.

She chuckled before accepting his hand and then brushing off her knees swiftly, giving him a cheerful smile, "Don't worry about it, she replied in perfect Korean, shocking him for a few reasons.

 

First if all, even though the girl's skin was only slightly darker then their own skin tone, it was her large chocolate eyes and long eyelashes, her sharp facial features yet soft look overall, and her shoulder length dark brown hair that gave away her Indian heritage.

Secondly, they were in Singapore-even though the interaction between countries had increased dramatically within the past couple hundred years-Heck, people could buy special devices that helped them convert different languages to their own while they spoke. However, many citizens couldn't afford them. So usually they just spoke their nations language. And for Singapore, that was either Malay, Chinese, Tamil, Singlish or just English. Not Korean.

"Yo-you know Korean?" He asked hesitantly, moving back to give her more space. The others moved near his side to examine the girl curiously.

 She shrugged, "Yeah, aaand a few other languages. Anyways, sorry, I should have looked where I was going. See you later!" She turned away only to be stopped as Sunggyu called out after her.

"Wait! Could you help us for a second?" Sungyeol and Sungjong looked at him oddly as the girl turned around and blinked, before pointing to herself.

"Me? Okay," She shrugged and moved closer, smiling faintly.

"See, if you couldn't tell, we're foreigners, so we don't know our way around Singapore very well. We were wondering if you could help us locate a guide or a map shop or something?" He asked.

She bit her lip and wrinkled her nose, cocking her head to the side. Suddenly, she nodded and grinned widely at them, "Hey, I have a free for the rest of the day-want me to show you around? I'm pretty bored, yeah. I've lived here long enough, plus, I'll do it for free, and as a friend." She held out her hand confidently, "I'm Francesca-but you can call me 'Ces' or 'Cessie'."

Sunggyu took her hand in his and shook it gently, "My name is Kim Sunggyu." He decided to save time and just introduce the others, while Francesca moved around to shake each of their hands politely. "That's Kim Mei Hua, Lim Ji Ae, Lee Sungyeol, Lee Sungjong-no, they're not related, and Park Tae Joong."

"So many names! Sorry if I don't remember them all," she chuckled, before finishing her handshake with Tae Joong with a flourish. "I don't really have a last name, though if anything, I suppose it's 'Kwon'." Looking around their faces she gestured to the crowded streets behind her, "Want to grab something to eat on the go, and then we can start?"

"Yes. Please." Sungyeol answered, interrupting Sunggyu's reply, who shot an exasperated look at him.

"We haven't eaten for the past couple of hours-I'm hungry," Sungjong wailed, tugging on the amused Francesca's sleeve.

"Alright, I know a place that serves mean barbaqued seafood." She grabbed the eager Sungyeol's and Sungjong's arms and started to speed walk to their destination, the others following at a slower pace.


-v-v-v-

 March 27, 2264
Singapore, Singapore
8:44 PM

 

 

Sanghee looked out the window at the moonlit sea, before letting out a frustrated sigh. She didn't even need the ability to hear to notice his breathing nor the sight to see his shadowed figure. She could just sense where he was in the room and what he was doing. Which was watching her.

'Hoya, would you please just go away? I want to be alone sometimes-I don't like having someone watch me like a hawk,' She groaned, turning halfway so she could find his face in the dark to shoot an annoyed look at him.

He didn't reply for a few moments leaving Sanghee glaring at him. Just as she was about to say something else to him, he replied, his expression completely blank, though she had a feeling he was enjoying this a bit. She wouldn't be surprised-he seemed like the type of guy who liked to make people squirm under his dark, heavy gaze.

'No, sorry, I can't. Sunggyu said to watch you closely, which is exactly what I'm doing.'

'He said 'special guard' and to stay with me all the time-not stare at me all the time!' She snapped, turning back to stare irritatingly at the silently moving body of water in front of her.
 
The feeling of shifting air made her glance over her shoulder as he moved his weight to the other leg, and frown at him. 'Why are you still here?!'

He smirked at her, shrugging, 'You never know if a Hunter will climb through that window. I have to stay in case.'

'Special guard', She ground out, 'Not special babysitter.'

'Same thing.' Hoya shrugged.

'People like you aggravate me.' Sanghee grumbled, narrowing her eyes.

He did the same, and crossed his arms over his chest. 'People like you aggravate me.' He replied, still smirking slightly, though there seemed to be a hidden meaning behind it now.

'Pretty sure everyone and everything does.' She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Hoya shrugged again, 'Sometimes. Okay. Yeah, actually. But you're at the top of the list.'

'Don't I feel special,' She muttered before continuing on in a louder voice. 'I swear, you have mood swings or multiple personalities, don't you?' She shook her head, 'This morning you were all nice and worried and now you're a complete jerk.'

'I like to confuse people-the results are hilarious.' He gave her a sly smile, before it disappeared, replaced with his empty expression again, 'Besides, I was just...thinking about other things this morning-I was distracted.'


'Distracted? If anyone was thinking about crap, it was me.' Sanghee replied. 'First Myungsoo, then the vision, and then you acting nice? Today is just one of those days, huh...'

'Myungsoo?' He narrowed his eyes at her, and his eyes began to glint strangely. 'Oh yes, Myungsoo. What happened with him again?'

She felt a blush creep over her face as a memory of his confession slipped through her mind. 'U-umm, nothing, actually. He, well, just, a-asked me something. It was nothing.'

Hoya didn't say anything, so Sanghee turned back to the window without another word.

 

A few minutes later, and the burning sensation of Hoya's stare began once more at the back of her head. Rubbing her brow and sighing, she turned around again, cross legged.

'Wha-'

'Why do I get the feeling you don't trust us entirely yet?' Hoya asked without letting her finish her question.

She blinked, shocked, before looking away. 'I'm trusting with as much trust as I can give to people I've only know for three days.' Her reply was quiet.

As Sanghee looked at him again, she noticed his frame taunt with some emotion, and his eyes angry-his eyes always seemed so easy to read...

'You've been with us basically 24/7 for the past three days-I pretty sure if you can't learn to trust someone or get to know someone in that amount of time, you wouldn't have any friend's period.'

'Well so-rry that I don't trust easily! I had a crappy childhood, okay?!' She snapped, unfolding her legs so she could slide off the bed and stand up, matching Hoya's fierce gaze. 'I don't understand how the others can trust that easily. I'm not like them!'

'Are you saying it's odd for Sunggyu to harbor feelings for Mei? Or for Jinri to be friends with Woohyun?'

'I never said that! Wh-'

'No you wouldn't say that, since you seem to have a two-way crush with Myungsoo. If you can trust one guy enough to fall for him, can't you trust us all?'

'What has Myungsoo got to do with this?!'

Hoya seemed to flare up, before pushing away from the wall, to stand a couple of feet infront of her. 'He has everything to do with this!'

She gritted her teeth before remember a detail, a small detail, that she had noticed back at the Institute-she had pieced it together with what the scientist said, what Hoya said, how he reacted, and seeing a bit of info on the clipboard when he beat up one of the scientists. So with one last desperate effort, she tried to change the subject.

'You're being a hypocrite, Hoya,' Sanghee growled, 'After living a childhood full of lies, have you ever found it easy to trust anyone?!'

His eyes widened, and his jaw dropped-he obviously didn't expect her to know what had happened. When he found a response, surprisingly he didn't snap at her. Instead he spoke in a quiet tone, those his eye's grew darker with each passing moment.

'No, I haven't. I have never found it easy. I lived on the streets until Dongwoo's family met me. They took me in. I didn't trust them for years-the whole 5 years I spent with them in fact, and even then, I didn't fully depend on them. I left them, still feeling alone. In fact, I trusted no one, not even Tablo completely. Dongwoo found me again when I was 15 and he was 16. I still didn't trust him, even then. He knew, and he knew about my past. He knew what I had to do in life, what my goal was and is, what I had to go through, and he knew I felt alone, even more so with his family-they were humans. I was and am an Infinite. I still didn't trust him, even when he found me. He earned my trust by making the biggest sacrifice for the best friend he loved, who didn't even believe in him.'

 

Sanghee swallowed, before taking a deep breath, 'I'm not Dongwoo though.'

'No, you're not. Thank God,' He chuckled mirthlessly, 'What I'm trying to say is I spent years-No, I wasted years, not trusting the most dependable and friendliest person you could ever meet. I was too afraid to take the risk. And I had a childhood that was just as hellish as yours could ever be-if not more. You aren't trusting us, the people who are risking their lives to keep yours in check so we can let you off at some point in the future, without causing harm to either you or ourselves, and you're alright with it?'

'I'm trying, okay?! I'm not a miracle worker-It's not something I can just decided whether or not I can do!' Sanghee replied sharply.

'Actually, you can,' Hoya snapped back, moving closer. 'I would know. Try harder! If we're put in a situation where we need your help, we're going to need your dependability then. Not a 'no' or a 'maybe'. We'll need a 'yes', a 'for sure'. Give us the same trust you give to Myungsoo. We don't have the years I had with Dongwoo, or the months or weeks or however long it'll take you to learn to depend on us. We have minutes or hours if we're lucky-not even days.'

'Well isn't life just peachy.' She snapped, feeling her stress levels rocket as she was once again reminded of the craziness that she had gone through in the past three or so days. She turned away, rubbing a hand over her face.
 

She could feel him say something-he was that close to her now.

'I can't understand you.' She hissed, only to be spun around and have her forearm gripped so tightly that she winced.

'You're not the only one who's life is -if anything, you have a blessing,' He snarled, repeating himself, 'Do you know how many of us wish we couldn't hear the screams our attackers make when we try to defend ourselves and have to kill them? Do you know how many of us wish we could just drone out the sound of the bodies falling with sickening thuds to the ground when they're completely lifeless? Or worse, when they're still slightly alive and crying for mercy? A mercy we can not spare in case they stab us or our allies in the back? Or how about simply the names that our race is called, by normal people on the street, by our loved ones, by our country, by the world? Mutant, monster, creature, nightmare, things, the bastard race-'

She turned away again, feeling her eyes well up with unshed tears, 'Ju-just stop it. Please. I'm so tired. I'm tired of reading lips. I don't want to read anymore.' Sanghee felt her body slump slightly as her sudden energy left it, and bit her lip to keep her exhausted and worn out sobs locked within.

Hoya growled, grabbing her chin firmly in his calloused hand and forcing her to meet his fiery gaze, 'Then watch them.'

Next thing Sanghee knew, his heated lips came crashing onto hers with a fierce, almost frightening passion, knocking the air out of her lungs with the suddeness of it all, her own hands coming up to steady herself by grabbing his upper arms.

It was as time stood still. The shock of his actions sent spirals of confusion and sparks through her brain, through her body, right to her toes, which started to curl gently as it clicked that Hoya-Lee Howon-was kissing her. The fresh memory of their arguement vanished as the current moment was all that occupied her mind. She didn't know if she wanted to shove him away or pull him closer-she remained frozen in place as her mind tried to figure out what was going on.

The kiss softened to more of a gentle lip lock, before he pulled away, allowing them access to the much needed air. 

He didn't pull away too far though-maybe only half an inch or so from her face-enough that she could feel his warm breath mix with her own as she exhaled. As she inhaled, she suddenly wished she hadn't just so she could have avoided the sudden delicious smokey and spiciness of his scent.

 

'What...?' Was all her nearly completely blank mind could think of to say.

 

'This is why Myungsoo has everything to do with this.' He breathed, the feeling of his lips brushing against hers not only nearly causing her to shudder and making her lose her train of thought, but also giving her the faint ability to understand him without having to look at his lips directly.

 'This is why he can't have you. Because I want you. You. Drive. Me. Wild.' Hoya ground out, his voice's tone rough though his lips were still soft and gentle against hers as he spoke.

 

Suddenly the room felt was too small and he was too close and the air smelled too damn good and it was all too much.

 

A shiver to run through her as she brushed past Hoya and exited the room, ignoring the stares of Woohyun, Jinri, Soojung, Dongwoo, and Myungsoo standing up at her hasty retreat. She headed for Ji Ae's room, a sure sanctuary where she could think and process all that had just happened.


-v-v-v-

 

March 27, 2264
Vietnam

8:56 PM

 

 

 

 

Soohyun looked down at the sleek watch adorning his wrist, before shooting another look at the silent Kevin and pacing Kiseop.

"Could their flight have gotten delayed? Why have they not arrived yet?" Eli asked from where he was leaning against the wall near the group. They had been waiting in the airport for several tension-filled hours, ready to pounce on the unsuspecting Infinites when they arrived. Yet, time passed, and their victims had yet to show up.

"Are you sure they changed schedules and are coming here?" Hoon questioned, glancing around the group as he knotted his fingers together.

 

Kevin frowned, "No, I was sure the girl in Shanghai gave me the right info. They definitely are coming here."

"But what if they changed it again?" AJ prodded, continuing off of his friend's question.

 

The pretty boy narrowed his eyes in thought, "But, why would they...?"

A vibration from Soohyun's cellphone within his pocket silenced everyone, before he pulled it out slowly. He mentally cursed as he read the name blinking on the screen.

"Leader of Hunter Squad # 5, Squad U-K, Soohyun speaking."

 

"Soohyun, what are you doing?" A soft, almost sweet voice asked him gently from the other line, though he wasn't to be fooled. He could sense the annoyance in her tone-he had known her for too long, had felt her wrath too many times-he could easily tell her emotions when she spoke to him, even when it was just over the phone.

 

"What are you talking about, Commander?" He replied, playing dumb.

"Don't act coy with me, Soohyun." The woman scolded, her voice becoming slightly hard, those still just as beautiful. "What are you doing in Vietnam."

He swallowed hard, and got up from the bench he had been previously sprawled across. No more playing games with her. The price for his silence could be one he'd most likely regret. "We're tracking down a large group of Infinites."

"And you're waiting for them in Vietnam." It wasn't a question.

 

"Yes. We accessed some information that lead us to here. They should be-"

 

Her voice became lighter, though it was just as deadly, if not more then her previous tone hinted at. "Soohyun, sweetie, I am fully aware of how you gained that knowledge. Kudos to you all for finding the right lead, but your stupidity has cost you much time. Another group of Hunters may find them before you."

 

He stiffened. "What? What are you talking about?!"

 

There was the sound of sparkling laughter, before she replied more coldly, "You idiots. They changed their schedule mid air. They've landed and have been in Singapore for several hours now."

"Singapor-" Soohyun eyes widened as he realised the location. "You mean-"

"Yes. They're in the rogue Squad's territory now-the formerly known Squad #2. Do you realise what this means, right? If you enter Singapore, and are caught by the #2, because they are rogue and no longer attached to any specific government or company, in exchange for their freedom as normal Hunters and their lack of resources amoung other things, they don't have to follow any of the rules. Which means, they can kill you, and we can't do anything about it." She finished lightly, as if they were discussing the weather, not the dangers of the rogue squad and their possible deaths.

 

He refused to let his panic show or be heard, though he knew his complexion was getting paler from the concerned looks of his teammates. "I am aware of them and the no rules policy."

 

"Do you still intend to go after them?"

 

"Yes." He replyed without hesitation.

She laughed again, a tinkling noise, something that both charmed and frightened Soohyun. "Oh, this will be amusing. The 5th strongest squad in Asia, made of Hunters and former S4S16s, against either the 2nd strongest squad, or the group of S4S16s. Tell you what, if you go to Singapore, and catch at least 3 of the S4S16s without anyone dying, then I'll deduct an additional 5 S4S16s from your quota. More will be removed if you catch more of the S4S16s. Just because you all have been working so hard over the past year or so." Her voice was honeyed poison.

 

He gritted his teeth, before swallowing again and closing his eyes. "Deal. It'll be done."

"Alright, I have to go now. The Japanese Science Institute is on the other line-it's difficult being the Commander and trainer of Asia's top 10 Hunter squads. Everyone wants a part of our lovely catch of S4S16s. It's been wonderful chatting with you, Soohyun. Stop acting stupid, and get over to Singapore. I'll be watching Squad #5's progress with much interest."

Soohyun opened his eyes and looked coldly into the distance. "Goodbye, Commander BoA."

 

There was one last beautiful laugh, before the line went dead with static.        

 

No one spoke as they waited for their leader to come to a decision and speak. A moment later, he finished pulling himself together mentally, and turned to the group, looking as if he had aged an additional 10 years during his conversation with BoA.

"She cut us a new deal." He started. "The Infinites are in Singapore." The men stirred uneasily as the information was revealed to them-partially because they knew BoA would hold a grudge for their mistake of Vietnam, as well as the fact of who and what dwelled within the forbidden country.

 

"Yes, the rogue Squad #2 is there. But she said if we caught 3 Infinites, we'd get an additional 5 off the quota. More if we capture more." They stopped moving as they thought about it. It was a good deal. But it wouldn't be the first good deal BoA had offered to them, and then later would change without telling them. She was unhanded like that.

 

He could sense their feelings of anticipation and worry, which he addressed with a sigh and a nod. "We're just going to have to hope that she actually keeps her promise this time. But until then...we better get to Singapore and to the Infinites...Before #2 does."

 

They moved without saying anything. 
 

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

 March 27, 2264
Singapore, Singapore
9:12 PM

 

 

"My feet hurt!"


Sungyeol didn't know what was beginning to bother him more-his sore feet or Sungjong's complaints. The maknae of the group of Infinites often liked to pass the time by whining and not really meaning it, but the sense of sincerity behind his wails this time were too strong. Though he understood a little of the boy's discomfort.

The Infinites and himself often travelled and fought, living a dangerous life, guarded by their Powers and Tablo. However, though they had gone to many different places, it was usually via Sungyeol. This was the first time in a long time that they had walked so far so quickly-they hadn't taken a rest, since Sunggyu had insisted Francesca give them the full tour ASAP. They had completed it half an hour ago, all the while amist a twilight city as the sun set and the glowing lights flickered on around them like dimly lit yet warm fireflies.

 

"Hyung, I think we should head back soon. We obviously aren't going to find him."

Tae Joong quickened his pace by several steps and frowned as he recalled something Francesca had told them earlier. "Did,'t you say there might be a fog later?"

The girl shrugged, smiling prettily. "Yeah, probably. Theres no wind, we've started to get dew, and the weather at night is still a bit cool though. I don't know when, but at some point the fog can get as thick as, what's-the-sayin'-oh! Pea soup."

 

Mei's lips turned down and she looked at Sunggyu. "We should head back. We may not make it back without getting lost and wet though."

Francesca looked between them and bit her lip. "Do...is your hotel far away?"

"Yeah, a bit. But that's alright, we can get a hover taxi." Sunggyu remarked, giving her a kind smile.

 

"Which you like to use my phone to call one?" She asked again, trying to be helpful to her new friends.

Sungyeol was about to refuse for them, and just use their walkie talkies, when his hand brushed against his leg pocket. His face paled and he froze, shooting a glance down.

 

"Aw crap," He snapped, before looking up at the Time Infinite again. "Sunggyu. We're going to have to. I have Myungsoo's walkie talkie still." He pulled the object out of his pocket, face palming and letting out a nervous chuckle at his own stupidity.

 

Sunggyu stared at him and the missing device for a few more moments before letting a sigh slip out. Obviously Sungjong and Sungyeol weren't the only ones who were tired. "Alright, well, no one else has a cell phone, so yes Francesca, can we borrow a phone. It appears that we have to get back to the others more urgently then expected," He raised an eyebrow as Sungyeol gave another guilty giggle.

 

"Nooo problem." She patted herself down for her own cellphone, before stopping mid motion and slumping her shoulders, groaning. "Awww, guys, I'm sorry, I think I left it at home today..."

"Well thats ironic." Sungjong piped up, smiling. She smiled back at him, and continued to search for it before throwing her hands into the air.

"So much for that. Actually," Francesca glanced at a nearby streetlamp post and blinked in surprise. "Why not." She mumbled to herself before continuing to them. "Guys, my house isn't that far away from here-actually it's super close. Want to just stop by there? It won't take long, I promise. It's only like a block or two over. You can use the phone there, Sunggyu, and just wait there until the hover taxi arrives."

 

He shrugged, his eyes glowing with a feirce determination that Sungyeol recognised easily; the guy really wanted to get back to his team mates. No doubt about that. He'd probably swim across the East sea if he had to. "Alright. Let's just hurry."

 

They started to speed walk, Francesca, Sunggyu and Mei in the lead as the Infinite Leader fell deep into thought, becoming unfocused on his surroundings, yet just as fast as ever. Sungyeol rolled his eyes and followed, though he couldn't help but want to get back to that tempting looking bed back at the rented house-it had called to him, and he had every intention of getting a good nights rest on it-he hadn't had one in a while. It'd be a nice difference.

 

As they slipped through the slightly murky streets, Sungyeol noticed the buildings become more towering and majestic. The bottom half of the buildings were made of red brick, the other a creamy white, while a dark brown wooden trim framed and crossed over the paler halves of the structures. The Elizabethian style continued on, for about a block and a half, before suddenly they found a smaller house amoungst the repetive pattern of homes.

It was a gray stoned house, with black trim and while pebbles flicked here and there along the walls. Tangled and dead vines from once-live-now-dead climbing plants, clung to the sides of the building desparately. Large darkened windows ate at the sides of the house, while an earthy-green, patterned door became an entry way to the inside.

Leading them up the wet-stoned steps, Francesca hummed a small melody, and tapped lightly on the door. A moment past and nothing happened, causing her to sigh and smile.

"He probably has his nose buried somewhere in a book." She muttered, just loud enough that Sungyeol heard her. She reached down and tried to open the door, but it just rattled and refused to budge. "Darn, he locked it." Looking about, Francesca located the actual doorbell, and rang it once, twice.

The sound of something heavy and numerous falling to the ground somewhere within the depths of the house had Sunggyu raise a questioing eyebrow at her. She looked back innocently at him, while Tae Joong snickered with Sungyeol. Opening , she was about to say something when the sound of footsteps stopped her.

However, now Sunggyu was warily. "Who's going to open the door?" He asked, taking the smallest step away from the door.

Noticing, Francesca laughed softly. "Well, it's certainly not going to be a massmurder, so calm down. Actually, it's just my dad. Dude, I'm 15, I'm not going to live by myself just yet." She smirked at him while Sungjong made a quiet rude comment about Sunggyu to Sungyeol, setting him off again. Ignoring the pair, Sunggyu rolled his eyes for what felt like the millionth time that night, and tried to relax as the footsteps stopped on the other side of the door.

Lights where within, and Francesca took a deep breath as the door swung open, revealing the person. She motioned Sunggyu forward as the leader, to shake the man's hand as her father edged more into the light becoming even more illuminated, the familiar smile on her face.

"Hey, dad! These are my new friends. This is Kim? Yeah, Kim Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu, this is my dad, Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

 

-v-v-v-

A/N

*Just FYI-a Foyer, for those who don't know, is like a front room-the room where the front door leads into (pronouced Foy-yay)

WAT.    

(⁾⁰□⁰)⁾︵┻━┻

Actually, I'm too tired right now to make some starky comment, soooo yeah. >>"

Sorry about the super late update-GOD IT FEELS LIKE ITS BEEN FOREVA. The truth is that my life just randomly got a hell of a lot busier and I started to do more things with my friends, so I sorta lost time and some inspiration (Don't ask me to explain >>")

Anywhos, I managed to get this terrible chapter out. I APOLOGIZE FOR IT'S...'BADNESS'? Is that even a word? And seriously, THIS is the most dramatic chapter of BHS so far. Cereal-y/Seriously. But I was given a bootiful scene by the lovely
Wynthe, aka the Sangya scene mid chapter, and I thought I should give you guys more romance. I mean, damn, it's like the 23rd Chapter, and I've barely given you guyz anything...

Sorry if the author's note makes no sense-It's rather late where I live, and I've had a loooong awesome day, so I'm wiped. Also whyyyy I'm going to have to say: I'M SO SORRY *sobs* But I really don't think my mental state will be able to comprehend all your boootiful comments, so I don't think I'll be able to do any Comment Replies for this Chapter today. Ill tryyy to get to them in Chapter 24 >>

Anywhos Thank you all so much for waiting for this Chapter patiently. I hope you like it and it's...badness? (Okay, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not a word.) I love you all so much <3

Thanks to the subscribers, readers, and Commentors!



WhosThere13



P.S. While I was on Hiatus, or whatever the heck it's called (A break from a story...crap, it's going to bug me now, but I'm too lazy/tired to open a new tab and look it up -_-". Whatever, lets pretend I spelt that right.), I actually forgot about this story, because I got that busy. When I did remember once I felt really guilty because I really wanted to write a chapter, but...I wasn't really in the type-y, story-writing mode, so I couldn't. In the end I forced myself to get this out, and I feel like I can get back into the pattern if I either think more about this, or go crazy over Infinite again. Either or, I just wanted to let you know, you guys are basically the main reason that Chapter 23 and the future chapters are actually being written ;) I love you all, you have no idea haha

 

P.S.S. Anyone like the Sangya scene? Yeah, I didn't really know what to write for a confession scene between the two, but then Wynthe typed up this lovely bit for me, and let me steal it for the story, muhahaha. I felt bad if I just copy and pasted it into the story, so I added more to it. To Wynthe: I hope I didn't butcher you're ah and awesome scene too much >>


P.S.S.S. Cliche title? I know. Yeah. But I actually thought this one kinda fit. You know, what Hoya said, and the song...and...and...okay, yeah, it was cliche.



P.S.S.S.S. ASDFGHJK INFINITE WAS 3RD IN THE MELON AWARDS LIST <3 Yes! I hope they win something! I have no idea what the Melon award is, but hell, it's an award, they'll probably have some sort of badass dance/performance stage like always, and it'll probably make the boys cry like babies on stage if they win it, so yeah! Come on guys! Win it! Whoooo!


P.S.S.S.S.S Oh, God, I am so tired *crazy laugh* Alright, Imma gonna go to bed now. I hope you guys like this chapter and that it isn't too weird or dramatic or off or something...God, I'm tired...

*another crazy laugh*

*falls over*

*sleeps*

 

Special Nooote (Mostly because I thought there were too many 'P.S.'s): This chapter is donated to my fantastic and amazing friend, Francesca! I wish I had been able to put this up sooner, but I wanted to make it super long and eventful for you, but it kinda went off track...Anywhos, thank you for having those crazy spaz converstaions with me and discussing history facts and stuffles~ I'm so glad I met you! <3