Searching For Beast

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

March 25, 2264
Seoul, South Korea
1:26 PM

“Huh,” Sungyeol muttered, “Weird name.”

“Doesn’t matter, still their name-and remember to be polite with them! They’re older and probably know their powers more then you,” Tablo scowled at him.

Sungjong touched Tablo’s forehead again before quickly pulling away, “Hyung, I think you have like 2 minutes before you go back to sleep.”

“Mmkay,” He grabbed Myungsoo’s arm, turned the surprised boy halfway around, before going through his bag that he always had with him, and pulling out the boy’s sketchbook and pencil. Quickly scribbling down some numbers and letters, he handed the materials back to their owner and smiled. “The address is in there. Remember-only Wednesday nights, and-“ He scowled, tapping his chin in thought, “I think the times that you can come at are… 7:03, 9:45, and 11:24, all at night like I just said. If you arrive a minute too soon or a minute too late, they won’t let you in and will probably attack you.”

Dongwoo swallowed hard and nervously shifted his weight to the other foot. “Um, are you sure those are the right times? I don’t think any of us want to be attacked by other Infinites just because you were minute off…”

Tablo hesitated, his body sinking lower into the bed, “Hmm, well then, I think the times are 7:06, 9:45, aaaand 11:42? I’m not sure!” He protested, trying to sit up, but unable to with the shutdown becoming activated in his body. He could no longer feel his toes and feet, and his shins were slowly going numb-he hated it when he drained all his energy supplies-the hassle of being out and helpless for several days always irritated him, and there had been one time when Sungjong had managed to wake him up while he was in it, though it was only temporary-it was the same feeling that he was going through now.  As the numbing seemed to speed up after his knees, he knew that now was the time to tell the others anything he thought he should let them know before he was out for the next two days.

Like important things.

“Oh. Yeah. So guys, um, where are my pants?”

That was a very important question.

He had woken up and had been incredibly confused as to why he was only wearing his boxers for bottoms. At first he had thought Sungjong had taken the pants off of him to access the wound in his thigh better, but then he remembered the boy usually left his patients clothes on, and cut around them instead.

Before he could question the overly happy Sungjong and the grinning Myungsoo at the time, they had called everyone else in.

Jinri frowned, “Your pants? Aren’t you we-“ She stopped and turned to stare at Mei. “No. ing. Way. You did NOT steal his pants.”

His gaze flickered over to his friend and he narrowed his eyes, “Mei. Did you actually take them?”

The girl shrugged and smirked, “Hey, come on, you weren’t going to use them. Plus, remember what Jinri was wearing before? Yeah, well, it’s not like she’s going to be ble to take down a bunch of bad guys easily wearing a short skimpy waitress uniform-not only does she look y, but there’s no dignity in fighting in it.”

“Hey! I’ll have you know I don’t pick out my work uniforms!” Jinri snapped, annoyed the girl had insulted her without batting an eyelash.

“Aaanyways, they should be fine after we put them through the wash, so don’t worry about it.” She waved off his growing concern for his jeans.

“But they were my favorite!”

"There was a freakin' bullet hole in them!"

"Still!"

“Hyung, you’re about to go in a coma for the next two days. Do you have anything else you should be telling us?” Hoya interrupted, poking the older man’s numb leg.

“That pants are important,” Tablo grumbled, before shifting in his spot uncomfortably as he began to lose feeling in his lower back as well. “Also, it’s probably a better idea if you stay at Beast’s until you have a better plan on what you can do. In fact, I think after you go to Beast’s, I think you should leave Korea for a bit.”

“What?!”

He threw up his hands, “Oh come on, it makes sense. The government now has IDs on all of you guys- I’m talking to the Infinites and Sanghee here, and its only a matter of time before they start sic’ing the Hunters on you. Aaaand eventually the citizens too.”

“The citizens?” Sanghee breathed, horror and sadness in her voice. “You mean…like our families?”

“Yeah, basically. Anyways, stay with Beast, tell their leader that I said they owe me from all the times I saved their sorry asses by letting them stay in the hideout. It's probably best if you went at 9:45, since that seems to be the only time I can remember.” He shrugged and gave Mei a look.

"By the way, you owe me new jeans."

Woohyun groaned and rolled his eyes, "Hyung, just shutup about the stupid pants already! I'll buy you a new pair! Geez!"

"Really?"

Jinri suddenly thought of the hoodie Mei had forced on her, the one she had cut through so readily. It was weird, since Mei grew up in a poor enviroment, so she would have thought the other girl would have tried to find means for a makeshift belt, rather then rip apart the precious, expensive hoodie. Where had she learned to shrug aside rich items?

Wiping her head around, she quickly said, "You shouldn't do tha-"

"Too late!" Tablo grinned evilly, "He promised. When I wake up, I better get those jeans!"

He began to cackle, before suddenly slumping forward as his Powers knocked him out once more. As Sungjong moved him back gently into a more comfortable position, everyone just stared at the still smirking man on the bed.

"Wait...so, did we just spend the last three minutes before Hyung went unconscious for several days, talking about pants? And might I add that this is going to be one of the longer periods of time that we've gone without him."

Sunggyu sighed and closed his eyes, "Yeah, I think so."

"Aw God damnit."

 

-v-v-v-


March 25, 2264
Seoul, South Korea
6:11 PM


Stumbling blindly into the kitchen, Sanghee made her way over to the fridge, her stomach making noises of protest at the fact that she hadn't fed it on schedule. Opening the door, she leaned slightly against it as she inspected the interior of the device.

When she discovered there was no food, she hissed in annoyance and closed the door sharply, backing away as she did so. She gently bumped up into somethng hard behind her, causing her to turn around with a surprised look on her face.

'Oh, hey Myungsoo, what's up?'

He shrugged, 'Oh nothing, I was just about to make a stirfry for my dinner.'

'Ooooh, Can I have some?' Sanghee looked at him hopefully, causing him to sigh.

"Fiiine. But only because I'm feeling nice today.' He ruffled her hair and grinned at her.

She smirked in return, giving him a mocking bow, 'Thank you, oh-kind-and-generous Myungsoo, I am so very lucky. But if you ruffle my head one more time, I will be forced to kick you in the shin.'

He cringed away, placing a hand on his heart while his expression changed to a sorrowful one, 'Oh the horror and pain! I would never heal from the great and bloody wound you would inflict on me!' L chuckled as she scowled at him, nudging her aside to reach the fridge.

Noticing several still fresh veggies laying almost hidden behind the too-thick and clotty milk, he checked the freezer and found some chicken.

'I guess I'll be making chicken stirfry,' He muttered, before glancing from the rice cooker on the counter to Sanghee. 'Hey, I was going to go practice sketching a bit while the rice finished cooking-Would you like to join me?' He moved around her to set up the said item, close enough that she could feel the vibrations of his normal soft voice as he spoke.

'Sure! I love art!' She paused and grinned bashfully, 'Yeah, well, I have a thing for other's creative outlets, especially if its drawing or music or even dancing.'

He gave her another warm smile, 'I don't know about the other two, but I can definitely do the first one. Come on.' He led her over to the dining room, before taking out his book and several pencils.

Passing some paper and a pencil over to Sanghee, Myungsoo started on his own picture, a car.

Peering over his shoulder, the girl watched with interest, 'What is that? A car?'

He nodded, 'Yeah, I'm not too good with vehicles, so I thought maybe I should practice. Maybe it might even be useful in the future.' Myungsoo met Sanghee's curious gaze as she cocked her head in confusion. 'Well, see, at the moment I can only pull pictures out of the drawings that I sketch, and they are usually the exact same porportion as the original drawing. You saw what the elephant was like back at the hideout. But as my Power gets more advanced, I'll be able to move the essence of the drawing off the sketchbook, onto the floor, and be able to pull it from there instead, since it'll give me more room, and I'll have enough energy to do it.' Sitting back, L gave the beginnings of his vehicle a fond smile, "One day this will be a real vehicle, something we could use in case of an emergency. It won't just be the size of a toy car.'

Sanghee blinked, 'How do you know your Power will advance like that?'

'Apparently Tablo hyung knew someone who had a Power almost identical to mine-he told me what had happened to theirs, and seeing as how we both have the same Powers, I didn't think the whole Power Advancement would be that far off.' He smiled at her again. 'I'm glad that you and the others don't seem so afraid of us anymore.'

'Yeah,' she rubbed her neck and giggled, 'You kinda have to get over your fears if you're forced into a position with them, like at the Institute. I owe you guys my life-I could have been stuck in there forever, you guys could have just ignored me. But you came back for me.' Her eyes softened slightly as she mulled over the thought. It was true-the guys, particularly Hoya, didn't have to go back and save her-they didn't have to go back and break her from her cell. Especially with how rude she had treated them prior. And yet...they still did.

Leaning forward to add some more details to the side of the car's frame, L let out a breathy chuckle, 'We are the ones who are usually left alone and feared and hurt. Even though we don't know you a lot, we still did the same for you, because we don't want you to feel the same as we do.' He looked up at the last part, their face's close enough that Sanghee could feel his breath on her cheek and lips.

The boy suddenly smirked, tapping her nose with his penicl, 'Though, we still plan on making you pay us back-you owe us your life, you should pay it back by saving each of ours.' Myungsoo winked, causing Sanghee to both scowl and blush.

'But come on, there are 7 of you-8 if you count Tablo! Screw that! I'm only helping Hoya!'

'Ouch! So if I about to fall in a volcano, you wouldn't help me?'

'Well there aren't any live volcanos in South Korea, so I don't think we have to worry about that.'

They stared at each other before grinning.

'I guess I'll just have to wait for the moment to see what you'll do, huh? So full of surprises,' He nudged her shoulder with his own, before turning back to his drawing with a grin.

'So should I make a ferrari or a lamborghini?'


-v-v-v-

 

March 25, 2264
Seoul, South Korea
6:43 PM


Hoya entered the dining room with Sungjong clinging to his side. He stopped at the doorway, his eyebrows raised at the sight that beheld him. Myungsoo and Sanghee sat at the far end of the dining room table, laughing and joking with one another, forgotten and finished dinner plates laying on the table in front of them-the only difference was that Myungsoo's had chopsticks and a spoon, while the girl's had a fork and a spoon.

"That's weird." He muttered.

"What's 'weird', hyung?" Sungjong asked, rotating his jaw on Hoya's shoulder while he peered over it at the two other people in the room.

The boy looked down to smirk playfully at the Healer, moving his shoulder up and down so Sungjong's teeth clacked together a few times. He stopped after a moment, raising his head to watch the two interact for another moment. "I dunno, it's just-remember when Myungsoo first got here? He was either shy and quiet or angry and short tempered all the time. It was impossible to get close to him. In fact, Sungyeol, who's his best friend now, took a month and a half before they could even hold a decent conversation. She's been here for a day," He gestured slightly at the table.

Sungjong narrowed his eyes and lifted his head so he could stare at Hoya's profile. "Hyung...are you jealous?"

"Hah!" Hoya snorted, rolling his eyes, "Don't make me laugh! Who the heck would I be jealous of? Sanghee? What for? She just managed to talk to Myungsoo, that antisocial bastard. There's nothing to be jealous about. She's just," He paused, looking over at the giggling, flustered girl. She looked up and finally noticed the wo standing in the doorway, waving them over with a grin. "She's just...different. Very different." His eyes narrowed when he finished his sentence, before gently shaking the younger boy off to go pesture the couple further in the room.

"Hyung...you're lying." Sungjong breathed, watching the older boy poke Sanghee's face and shove Myungsoo's shoulder. "Hyung, you're obvious jealous. You can be just as bad with new people, just as prickily and loner-like, if not more. You want her to help you. But the question is-Can she break down your walls?" He sighed, his shoulders going slack, before plastering a grin on his face and going to join the quabbling boys and girl.

 

-v-v-v-


March 25, 2264
Seoul, South Korea
9:43 PM

A familiar crack echoed through a dingy alleyway, and a moment later everyone stood in it, looking around warily.

"What the-" Woohyun nudged a soggy cardboard box with the tip of his shoe, before leaping back into Dongwoo as a rat ran out squeaking.

"Are you guys sure this is the right place?" Dongwoo asked, before gently shoving the shapeshifter away.

Sunggyu looked around, his eyes narrowed as his mind worked hard. "Yes, this is the address Hyung wrote." He gently the folded up piece of paper in his pocket. "And you guys know how Sungyeol always get's to the right place if he knows the address."

"Unless he's messing around, and sent us to someplace random because he's a moron!" Woohyun snapped, edging towards the teleporter.

"Yeah, okay, that makes perfect sense! 'Cause, you know, I'd love to veer away from whatever place we're suppose to go to this dark, smelly alleyway filled with God knows how much crap and hobos." He pointed upwards, towards the distance sky that was almost completely blocked out by the towering, forgotten buildings surrounding them. Dropping his hand, he glared, straightening up so he towered over the other boy, "Come on! Give me some credit! If I was messing around, we'd be on Jeju Island, not here!"

"Guys! Enough!" Myungsoo and Sunggyu both shot glares at the two, effectively shutting them up. Sighing, the leader of the Infinites, dug out the paper from his pocket and checked it again.

"Alright, we're suppose to be looking for a door numbered '58912'. Fan out!" Everyone started to move, trying to look behind the slime and rust covered numbers on the few doorways nearest to them.

After a few minutes of searching in the muffling silence, Dongwoo quietly called out, "Hey! I think it's over here! Come on."

They all crowded around the greenish, mold-fuzzy door labeled with the number, Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Mei and Myungsoo in the front.

"Okay, what time is it?" Myungsoo asked, glancing back at Ji Ae, the last person he had seen with a watch.

She glanced down and swallowed. "9:45. You have...20 seconds to knock on the door."

Breathing in, Sunggyu raised a clenched fist and shot a look at the others. "Ready?"

"12 seconds."

"Ready as we'll ever be," Hoya muttered, edging closer to Sanghee, since he had a feeling she couldn't see half their faces in the dark, let alone understand what was going on.

"5 seconds."

Without a second thought or hesitantion, Sunggyu tapped the rotten door, hard, the sound of the knocking bouncing off the filth and mold covered walls around them.

Then there was silence.

"Were we too late?" Jinri asked, shifting from foot to foot, as she looked around.

Dongwoo shot Myungsoo and Sunggyu a look, and they both nodded. "It appears like it," The Artist replied, before waving out a hand. "Get ready to fight. Sungyeol, stay in the middle with the girls-if we can't take them, then we'll need to leave ASAP."

"I'm fighting-" Mei snapped, before a quiet, almost amused voice interrupted them.

"'Take them'? You think you can 'take' us?"

Everyone whipped their heads around, trying to find the source of the voice, but there appeared to be no one but themselves in the smelly, disgusting alleyway.

"Who are you!? Show yourself!" Hoya yelled, before there was a smack, and he stumbled forward, clutching the back of his head. Evidently who ever was with them didn't like being addressed that way.

"Now, now don't be rude. This is our domain. By entering it, you have agreed to play by our rules. We don't need to listen to you." There was a chuckle. Suddenly the voice hardened, "So the first rule is that you need a good reason. Give me one good reason as to why we shouldn't slaughter you this instant."

Sunggyu swallowed, feeling anger bubble up within him, before shaking it off. "I'm guessing you're a Beast? Well it was Tablo. Tablo hyung has sent us, and he said you owed him since he saved your sorry asses and let you stay at his hideout when you needed shelter." He had intended to say that nicer, more polite, but after one of them hit Hoya and with how they were acting now, he wasn't feeling particularly generous.

There was silence, before the voice came back again, surprised. "Tablo?! Seriously? I thought he would be dead by now! Actually, we heard he had been attacked by Hunters just yesterday! Is he still alive?"

"If you let us in safely, then we'll tell you." Taking a deep breath, the boy stepped foreward, hoping he was facing the right direction, and placed a hand out, palm side facing the outside. "I, Kim Sunggyu, leader of this group of Infinites and humans, swear on behalf of those I lead as well as myself, by my pride as an Infinite, to neither harm nor trouble you except to ask you for a place to stay for shelter until we leave."

The voice didn't say anything for a minute, before snickering broke out, echoing off the walls. "Well then, Infinite. I think we have a deal. Though that last part about 'harm'-you didn't need to include that. The minute we see you step out of line, we'll kill you,"The voice stated simply.

Suddenly the shadows on the ground around them began to ripply and bend. Shocked, everyone stepped closer together and away from the shifting colours and shapes.

"What is this?" Hoya muttered, his grip on Sanghee's forearm tightening. He had been mouthing everything the voice had been saying to them to her, though she had been relucant to accept his help. Now something was happening, and he could practically feel Sanghee's confidence draining as she was put into an even more 'blind' spot, so to say.

There was the sound of a sheet of fabric running over another, and suddenly the shadows arched away, revealing a cleaner lookng ground and walls then before.

"The door is behind you by the way. The other one is actually just a fake." The voice once again sounded amused. They turned to see a rich pine wood-coloured door standing behind them, sturdy and slightly weathered, as if it had been there for years-yet it hadn't been there minutes ago.

Dongwoo reached out a hand to lightly touch the door, to be sure it was real, before pulling away and looking around. "Wait! Aren't you going to show yourselves?"

"Oh, right. Okay, one second."

Suddenly, two pairs of legs seemed to materialize from the more darker part of the greasy alleyway. The shadows twisted and torn away from the legs, and begna to reveal more and more of the two people standing there. A minute later, two men, both looking like they were in their early twenties, stood there, one grinning cheshire like, the other smirking.

"Okay, you ready to go in?" The smirking one asked, revealing he had been the one speaking.

Sunggyu cocked his head slightly and narrowed his eyes. "Wait, aren't you going to introduce yourself? And swear by the code of the Infinites?"

Looking at the Time Infinite with a little annoyance, the man rolled his eyes, "Bossy little boy, aren't you? Fine."

He stepped forward, closer to the pine door, and to the other mutants, revealing that he was actually around the same height as Sungyeol.

Grinning, he placed a hand out, much like Sunggyu had. "I, Yoon Doojoon, leader of my group, Beast, swear on behalf of those I lead as well as myself, by my pride as a Beast, that I will treat you the way I see fit and fair, until you decided to leave."

"Doojoon?" Sunggyu asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sunggyu?" The man replied, mimicking him, smirking. Turning away, and reached for the pine door handle. There was a clicking and whirring noise as his palm rested on the silver material, before he swung it open.

"Welcome to Beast's Base, ladies and gentlemen." He turned to smirk dangerously at them. "I hope for your sake as well as mine that we enjoy your stay. Or something's could go very wrong." He backed away from the door and gestured for them to enter, his expression the same.

Swallowing, Dongwoo and Sunggyu exchanged looks while Mei pushed Myungsoo forward. They filed into the hideout, Woohyun the last, before the pine door slammed behind them. The shadows restitched themselves over the cleaner part of the alley, leaving everything appearing filthy, slimy and disgusting once more.

 


A_A_A_A_A_A

A/N
I know you guys don't care, but I gotta say-my favorite members of Beast are Doojoon and Yoseob XD Just because they seem to obnoxious sometimes hahaha

I sincerely apologize to everyone for the delay in chapters-I guess I'm kinda getting use to typing after school-I think I'm going to change my updating schedule to every two days or so -_-"

So! I was actually nearly finished typing this chapter yesterday-in fact, I was up to the part with the Beast members introducing themselves (I ended up changing it to just Doojoon afterwards so it was more climatic with the leader swearing by his heritage then have a random Beast member introduce himself afterwards :P Don't worry, he'll be properly introduced in the next chapter), and I was just going to check in my notebook to make sure I had picked the right two members for this chapter, with their abilities and all. But then I realised my notebook was at the end of my bed, so I had to move to get it. I don't mean to sound relucant in getting it like I'm a fattypants, it's more like if I move Gladys, she shutsdown -_-"

 I saved the chapter on both my laptop and on my USB. I was super excited and happy 'cus I had finished it and was going to put it up online in a matter of minutes so you guys could read it. When I moved my laptop, it did indeed shutoff like I had though it would.
However...when I turned it back on and went on to edit the chapter...it was no longer there. Like, the original Chapter 17 was no longer on either my laptop, nor was it on my USB (which was still plugged into my laptop port).

I swear, if there was a time I wanted to falcon punch my computer, it was right that very moment.

I look forward to the day I get my own, new laptop. That will be the day Gladys and I divorce. . -_-" 

Anyways, so I got super upset and whined to Francesca for a good period of time, before she was awesome and made me feel better and stuff. (So. Freakin'. Nice. ) :')

Because it was like 12 in the morning and I had just finished typing for several straight hours, only to have everything I wrote disappear, I wasn't exactly in the mood, at the time, to retype everything, so I delayed the update by another day (sorry about that -_-"). 

I retyped this today, and changed somethings from the original, though its mostly similiar.

I hope you all like it~

I hope you guys don't mind-can I delay the comment replies? I'll try to get back to them later and add them here later-next time I update, you can just check either this chapter or the future Chapter 18, and the replies will be there. Sorry, I would love to all of them (So. Happy. And. Touched. With/By. All. The. Comments. *happy sobs*), but I have school tomorrow and my mum will kill me if I don't go to bed soon -_-"


Anywhos! Thank you to everyone who commented, subscribed and read! You guys are so awesome!

-WhosThere13  

 

P.S. Whooo's your guys favorite members in Beast? Any particular reason why? (Again, mine's Doojoon and Yoseob, but only because Doojoon can be so prickly and yet random at times that I find it hilarious and a lot like me, while Yoseob is an amazing dancer and entertainer and makes me laugh a lot as well XD As you guys can tell, I have a thing for people who can make me laugh, even if they don't mean to hehe)

P.S.S. Sorry for any of the spelling/grammar mistakes-I haven't had a chance to read over this yet, so I really have no idea what anything says or looks like-I just wanted to get this to you guys as fast as I could XD Sorry! I'll edit it later (speaking of editting...I have to edit the other chapters as well...hmm...maybe I'll just have like an Editing Day at some point in the future...)

P.S.S.S. CONGRATS (again) TO INFINITE FOR THEIR SECOND M!COUNTDOWN WIN!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So Happy! (Caps lock fails to show the height of my excitement at the moment, but at least you guys can get a general idea XD ) Come on Infinite! Let's make those 3 wins! Again! Again! Whooo! XD