The Search and Rescue

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
7:29 PM


"What the..." Dongwoo continued to stare at the plant limb in wonder before tentatively touching it. The grit and soil rubbed off onto his hand, and he examine it until he heard Hoya starting to gasp behind him.

Whipping around, he quickly went to lift his friend in his arms. Whatever had happened would have to wait-he had to get help for Hoya. He had to get Sungjong-only he would be able to heal him.

He ran in the direction he had seen the scientist and the guards come from, only stopping to grab a card key from the scientist's body, and after that, didn't pause despite Hoya's dead weight, until he reached a smooth white concrete wall. Frowning, he started to follow it, guessing it was the edge of the jungle room. Sure enough, within a matter of moments, he found an open door-the guards had carelessly forgotten to close the door. Thanking God, he stumbled into the clean white and metallic hallways and using his intunition, headed left.

Sirens started to wail, echoing down the hallways, announcing something had gone wrong-most likely the fact that the two Infinites had escaped and were running around the Institute.

Fighting the panic that was beginning to build up with in him, he took another left at a conjection in front of him, before skidding to  stop by a door labeled 'Containment Cells - [1]'. He shoved it open, just as he heard shouts coming from further down the hallways, and slipped inside, closing and locking it with a snap behind him. He noticed a bench to his left and quickly wedge it between the underside of the door handle and the floor, successfully blocking the exit. Turning around, he felt a surge of both relief and anxiety hit him as he recognised the familiar metal plating on the walls, as well as the cell bars on the furthest end of the corridor.

He raced to reach them, hoping with all hope that no one would try to enter the hallway just yet.

-v-v-v-

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
7:35 PM


Myungsoo sighed, hanging his head just above his clasped hands, as he waited for an idea to hit him. He had been trying to figure out an escape plan with Sunggyu and Sungyeol for the past hour and a half. Nothing was coming to him, and as the minutes pasted, he could feel his heartbeat beginning to pound louder and louder in his ear drums. Despite the tension rising around him, he knew better then to panic. He had seen Sungjong lose his mind once when he had gone on a rescue mission with him and Hoya based of a vision Sunggyu had recieved. It had done nothing to improve the situation-if anything, it made it worse, making one more person for Myungsoo and Hoya to deal with. The mission had gone decently, but those moments wasted by Sungjong's screaming and tears had resulted in several lives being lost.

As far Myungsoo knew, Sungjong had never freaked out again after hearing about the family who lost a mother, a father and their sister.

He could hear Sunggyu mumbling in the cell next to his, and Sungyeol's grinding teeth and footsteps as he paced in his own container. Opening his mouth, he was about to ask the latter to stop moving as it was getting on his nerves, when the blinding white lights in the area they were in turned red and a loud horn, maybe a siren, started to blare loudly.

"What the hell? What is that?" Sungyeol snapped, moving closer to his bars as Myungsoo and Sunggyu did the same.

The Time Infinite shrugged, confusion written all over his face, "I don't know. Maybe someone messed up an experiment in the labs or maybe there's a fire."

 

"Or maybe," L breathed, his tone causing the other two to look in his direction, "...Maybe someone's escaped."

 

 

-v-v-v-

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
7:37 PM



"Sungjong! Sungjong! Move your , Hoya needs you now!"

The pretty boys face appeared by the bars of his cell as Dongwoo got closer, striding quickly as time seemed to be running out.

 

"Do-dongwoo? What are you doing here? Is that Hoya?!"

 

"Dongwoo? Hoya? What's going on?" Woohyun was at the edge of his cell in a flash, questions written all over his face.

"No time for answering." Dongwoo gently layed Hoya on the ground, before whipping out the pass card he had stolen, and ran it over the sensor. An unlocking sound could be heard as the door to Sungjong's cell swung open. The boy stared in shock as Dongwoo grabbed Hoya from the ground, entered the cell and placed him on the bed.

"The Power blocking thing is deactivated if the cells are open," The boy quickly told Sungjong, "I heard a guard talking about it. Now, I need you to heal Hoya. One of the scientist guys infected him with some sort of new virus, and he fainted soon afterwards. He's been without water or food for the past hour or so while we were trekking around a steamy jungle, and his temperature is through the roof." He finished his report before giving his friend a pleading look, "Please. I need you to heal him-Now! Before the guards come back!"

 

Sungjong took a deep breath before stepping forward and placing one hand over Hoya's heart, and settling his other right on top of it. He let out the air and closed his eyes, appearing to try and focus on something.

 

"Dongwoo! Let me out!" The shapeshifter in the next cell called. Obliging the request, Dongwoo moved over to the cell beside Sungjong's, before remembering Woohyun's was one over the empty one-aka his old one.

He freed him within a minute, stepping back as the other boy stepped out rolling his shoulders with relief. "Thanks, I owe you."

The sound of loud rattling came from further down the hallway and yells growing louder as more people collected outside the locked door.

"Looks like you're going to have to pay be back a whole heck of a lot sooner." Dongwoo replied, swallowing and looking around for a weapon. It was only a matter of time before they got in-he had to be able to defend himself while Sungjong finished up. He was completely helpless with out any animals to aid him, and if that tree root thing back in the jungle really was him, well it wouldn't make a difference, since they were in a long metal hallway at the moment. At least he knew basic martial arts.

 

"Woohyun, I need you to get that cell bar off for me-I need something to smack others with."

 

The Infinite smirked before taking off his shirt, revealing his tight abs gained from both shifting thousands of times and working out so much, and slipping off his pants, throwing them to the side-Dongwoo didn't care since he had seen the boy practically too many times to count. Bowing his head and flexing his fingers on his hands, Woohyun growled before letting out a yell, falling as he shifted forms. It always took a little bit of effort to change from a human to an animal-it was easier shifting from an animal to an animal.


Sudenly a massive 7-foot tall, over-sized tasmanian devil reared up on his hind legs in front of Dongwoo, letting out an ear-splitting roar.

 

"Hurry the heck up, WooBeast, I need that bar," the boy snapped impatiently, ruining the effect a little.

 

Though he didn't say anything about it, Dongwoo did feel a bit more comfortable as he shifted from the panic-stricken boy to the battle worn man getting ready for another fight.

 

Woohyun moved his head foreward and bit the top of one of the cell bars hard, chopping through the metal like it was soft butter. He repeated the same for the bottom, and the pole fell to the ground with a loud clatter.

"Iiii'm pretty sure real devils can't do that. In fact, I thought they had all died out about hundred years ago?" Dongwoo asked, as he picked up the jagged edged weapon.

 

Of course they couldn't. And they weren't this big either. I just like to improve things with my own awesomeness, Woohyun told his friend telepanthically using the animal connection they shared. And yes they died out, but that can't stop me from shifting into one. As long as I know the basic facts about the animal and what it had looked like, I'm fine. 

 

As the two headed for the exit to guard it in case any of the guards managed to open it, past the cell where Sungjong was still working hard to heal Hoya, Dongwoo glanced over at the lumbering form of the beast, before shaking his head and allowing a small grim smile to play on his face.

Sometimes, he felt incredibly lucky to have Woohyun on their side.

-v-v-v-

 

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
7:42 PM

 

"Holy. ." Ji Ae gasped, clutching the sides of the car as they drove at highly illegal speeds on the freeway. "Mei, are you trying to make me sick?!"

 

The Chinese girl glanced over, her nose wrinkling slightly in distaste. "Not particularly, no. I'm just trying to get us there as fast as possible-the sooner we get them out, the sooner we can get Sungjong to heal Tablo."

 

Ji Ae nodded understanding, before Mei continued.

 

"And if you throw up, I'm going to make you eat it."

 

" you, !"

 

 

 

-v-v-v-

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
7:45 PM
 

 


As she resisted the urge to pace, Sanghee hissed while running a hand through her hair. She hated it. She hated everything about the place she was in right now. She hated the blinking red lights that meant something was wrong. She hated the fact that everyone at the Institute seemed to be so stupid and one sided. She hated the fact that she was even worried a little bit about Hoya, seeing as the scientist had literally dragged him off to God knows where. But the thing she hated the most so far, the thing that was causing fear to blot up her senses-the fact that just being in one of the Institute cells meant she had a Power.

She wasn't stupid. She knew from what Hoya had said that the others were left behind, Ji Ae, Mei and Jinri. The only thing she had in common with the Infinites was that they both had weird abilities-though theirs were much more blatantly obvious. The only thing she had experienced that was even close to a hint of a Power was the nightmare, a vision she was guessing, that she had back in France.

France...

She missed her family. She missed waking to her mother giving her a morning hug and feeding her breakfast in bed with a normal spoon, fork and knife. She missed her crazy father and the way he would always try to help her and her problems, and would always ask if there was anything he could do to make her feel better. She missed her affectionate brother who would normally come into her room just before her mother arrived, and put an ice cold wash cloth on her face to wake her up, but then make it up to her later by treating her to a meal at a famous and classy restaurant or even just watching one of her special movies with her. She missed home.

She missed her friends and their weirdness, how they would come up with the strangest of ideas to pass the time, and carry through with those said plans most of the time. She missed their ready confidence and positiveness and how that had boosted her own, as well as her self esteem. She missed them a lot too.

She wondered if they had noticed she was not in bed yesterday. She wondered if her brother had noticed, if he had come in with the same old wash cloth to the face routine. Or if it was her mother, arriving with a fresh breakfast only to find an empty bed. Or maybe it was her father, perhaps the others were busy and he came home only to find the normally busseling house silent and cold.

Her back hit the wall opposite from her bed, and she slid down it, landing on the floor with a thump. The one thing she hated above all the other things she despised-she hated being different. Before she had the vision, she had been different enough that when people noticed it, they would mock her or act like she was a mentally handicapped person. Now that she was stuck in a cell, in the Science Institute of South Korea, she had come to the terms of her latest and seemingly most dangerous flaw-she had a Power.

Would she be able to go back to the life she had? With her family and friends? With her raising hopes and dreams? With the Power still active inside of her?

Suddenly a memory of Tablo telling her and the other girl's something flashed across her mind.

 

'..took the Powers forcefully...'

 

She sat up straight, her mind running a million miles a minute. Perhaps if Tablo had read those science notes at the lab, maybe he'd know how to get rid of the Power she had-maybe he could prevent her from becoming an Infinite before it got worse!

 

Maybe she could save the frail shell of confidence and strength that she had spent so many years building after getting bullied and teased by her differences. Maybe she could stop history from repeating itself.

 

Maybe she could could go to the dream life she had been living, and eventually forget about all the Infinites and people she had met, who had changed her life into something so different in just 2 days that she wasn't sure she could recognise anything about it anymore.

...Yet...

 

Why did she feel so sad about the idea? Of forgetting?

 

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
7:57 PM


Mei slammed the breaks hard, causing their vehicle to go almost out of control. But at the last minute, it managed to skid to a stop, almost slamming into a tree.

"I'm never going driving with you again," Ji Ae choked out, practically crawling out of the shotgun seat.

"Oh shut up, you whiny idiot. We got here half an hour early, which makes it totally worth it." She snapped, jumping out of the car and heading for the other car doors, "That was nothing compared to your driving."

 

"I swear I'm going to kill you one day."

 

Forcing herself to ignore her, Mei opened the door to the second row of seats, revealing a still unconscious Jinri. She grabbed her by the collars of her uniform, dragging her out of the car.

"This may be a little late, but what the heck is she wearing?" She asked, staring down at the girl.

Ji Ae's legs were still like jelly, but she managed to make it around to the other side of the car to answer Mei. "I think its a waitress uniform. She was wearing it when I met her yesterday."

Mei frowned, before taking off her hoodie and revealing a clinging dark blue tanktop. "There is no way in hell she is going to be able to run around in there with a freakin' mini dress on." She passed the sweater to her frenemy. "Here, put this on her," before disappearing to the back of the sudan.

After taking a couple of moments to zip the hoodie up on the girl, Ji Ae sat back on her heels and waited for Mei. She didn't have to wait long, as the girl appeared by her side with a pair of black jeans.

"Where the hell-" She stopped, her mouthing dropping as it dawned on her. "Y-you didn't ju-"

 

Her eyes narrowed as the girl continued to pretend she wasn't talking and was placing the pants on Jinri.

"I don't know if I should be agreeing that this is a better idea. Or becoming shocked that you just stole Tablo's pants." She finally managed to say without stuttering.
 

"How about you shutup, and help me rip the sleeve off my favorite sweater so his damn pants don't fall down? She's a freakin' stick."

Sighing, Ji Ae grabbed the knife from Mei and slashed part of the left sleeve, missing Jinri's bare arm by a hair's breath. Handing the knife back to its owner, she griped the cloth with both hands and ripped it, tearing it off successfully.

She passed it to Mei, who cut it down length-wise, before cutting the length into two long pieces. Knotting the ends of the pieces together, she looped it into the belt loops of Tablo's pants and tied an even more secure knot about her waist. Standing up, she and Ji Ae viewed their handiwork. The pants weren't too tight, just slightly baggy, as Tablo was more of someone to pick comfort over fashion. The length was perfect-Tablo wasn't a super tall man.

"It'll do." Ji Ae muttered, crouching back down beside Jinri. 

 

 "She totally owes me a new sweater." Mei added, before joining her.

"Yeah, yeah, now how do we wake her u-"

There was a loud smack that echoed through the trees, causing several birds to take flight.

"Mei! You aren't suppose to hit unconscious people!" Ji Ae stared at her in shock.

The girl shrugged, "It worked though."

Sure enough, Jinri groaned and raised a shaking hand up to her tomato red cheek, opening her eyes blearily and looking around.

"What the hell?" She sat up. "Mei, was that you? ."

 

"You're welcome." The Chinese girl shot back, before walking over to the sudan and grabbing the car keys from the vehicle. "Are you guys ready to leave yet. We have people to save, you know. We aren't on a freakin' vacation."

"Gee, thank you Captian Obvious, I really couldn't tell," Jinri snapped back, using Ji Ae's aid to stand up. She glanced down at her clothes, confused to what she was seeing. "And what the hell am I wearing?"

"Your clothes. At least, they're yours now. You owe me $78 for that hoodie."

 

"Oh, yo-"

 

Ji Ae growled under her breath slightly before interrupting the squabbling two. "Shut up! Both of you!" She turned to the girl she was assisting, "So do you have a Power? Do you know how to work it?"

 

"How am I suppose to answer if I'm also suppose to shutup?" Jinri replied smartly.

Annoyed, the other girl moved away from her unexpectedly, causing her to stumble and nearly fall in a heap, making Mei snicker.

"Do you have them or not, brat?"

 

Scowling, Jinri turned from her and pointed her open palm and clenched fingers at a nearby tree. She closed her eyes and tried to mimic the various instructions she had heard Tablo tell them about L's ability. But she found it so distracting with how cold she was feeling. She tried to ignore it and fought to remember what had happened. Oh yeah... He had to imagine the details...She had no idea what her power was, so instead she imaged a large heavy icy boulder (she couldn't help it-for some reason her mind felt like it was in a winter wonderland) in her mind and gave it a hard shove, sending it rolling slightly.

Ji Ae's surprised gasp made her open her eyes. The once healthy and colourful pine tree was now covered in an inch thick layer of ice, small bits of frost drifting from it.

 

Mei was the first to say anything. "Well, I guess that solves that question."

 

"Indeed," Ji Ae muttered, peering closer at Jinri's still extended arm, "The Power of Ice? Maybe?"

 

Pulling her arm in to get a look at her palm, Jinri blinked, before letting out the breath she was holding in. "Woah."

 

"Okay, are you done now? I can see the Institute from here, and I would really like to go break some people's faces, so if you don't mind..." Mei called from where she was standing, at the edge of the treeline, several meters from the other girls.

 

"Yeah, yeah, we're coming," Jinri replied back, still studying her arm. Ji Ae grabbed the back of her hoodie and began to drag her along toward the annoyed looking Mei.

 

As they reached where she was standing, the sight was enough for Jinri to glance up from her arm and Ji Ae to swallow hard and glare with determination.

The Science Institute towered ominously in the distance, maybe only a kilometer away from their location, the stained metal walls reaching high into the sky, scratching at the sunset on the horizon.

 

"Tablo said if we looked around the Northeast corner, we'd find the venting system and we could get in there-or at least thats what he told me years ago." Mei shot a look at Ji Ae and the slightly shivering Jinri. "Ready?"

 

Without hesitantion, the girls replied.

"Obviously." "Of course."

Giving them a rare yet wry smile, Mei nodded. "Let's go rescue those idiots and kick some crazy scientist then."

 

 

-v-v-v-

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:05 PM

 

 

 

Dongwoo crashed the end of his pipe into the side of a guard's head, as the interruder struggled to make his way into the hallway. The pipe's jagged edges stuck, forcing the man to pull violently before it was loose, sending blood and gore splatters across the hall.

That was the 5th guard Woohyun and himself had been forced to kill. They didn't really have much of a choice-with Hoya and Sungjong still out of commission, then it was up to the two to protect everyone in the hallway. Not to mention the dead-scientist had ordered for Hoya's death. After seeing what had happened to him and his guards, there was no doubt the other scientists were going to kill him as well for being a lethally dangerous subject.

The men on the other side of the door howled in horror and frustration as they discovered their male friend dead, before dragging his body out of the slightly opened door and sending another guard in to try and crack it open a little more.


This time Woohyun was the one to silence him-he simply moved forward at a blinding speed and sunk his giant canines into the man's side, before twisting his head with his powerful neck and breaking the guard's spine and ending his life.

He pulled back as the commotion started again, and turned to meet Dongwoo's gaze, his mouth repulsively dripping with a thick dark liquid.

They just keep coming through. Aren't they getting we're just going to keep killing their people?

"I don't think they care," Dongwoo replied, "Which just leaves us to acting like monsters." He sighed, wiping his face with his forearm. He hated killing people. But with the life he had forced himself to live, he had no other choice but to kill left and right at certain times. He wanted to cry for the loss of perfectly good lives, he wanted to scream with frustration at how they didn't seem to care about theirs, he wanted to collapse and just let the damn day be over with.

But he couldn't.

Because he had something to protect and because he had a goal. They had to get out of the Institute. This was their last chance. If they were captured after this, Dongwoo and Hoya would be killed, as well as Woohyun most likely, and Sungjong would be tortured and punished excessively for helping them.

 He sighed again, before taking up a fighting stance again with his crude pipe weapon.

"Okay, I'll take the next one."

 

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:16  PM

 

Kicking in a thin screen, Ji Ae moved away from the small vent opening and glanced down at where Mei and Jinri were waiting on the ground.

 

"Okay, I think we can all fit. I'll go in first, then Jinri, then Mei to hold up the rear, okay?"

 

They both nodded, before scrabbling their way up the steel box-like structure that was right under the vent entrance. Pulling the now useless vent screen out of the way, Ji Ae got down on her elbows and knees and began to crawl into the dark opening, Jinri close behind her.

 

 

-v-v-v-

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:21 PM

 


"Dongwoo! Hoya's done!" Sungjong called as the tired looking fire boy stumbled into the hallway.

"You know, getting knock out totally beats getting sick with weird illness," Hoya called out to them, as Dongwoo ditched his post and ran to give his friend a hug.

 

He pulled back from it and gave him a relived gummy smile, "So you're okay now? I'm guessing Sungjong told you everything."

 

Hoya nodded, "Yeah, he did-like how the scientist infected me with something? Yeah, where the hell is that guy? I want to burn his face off."

 

Dongwoo looked away, stepping back from his friend ever so slightly. "Um, see, thats the thing. That's how I managed to get us away."

 

Looking at him closely, his friend frowned, "What are you talking about? What happened?"

 

"I think I developed a new Power," He whispered, leaning forward.

 

The Fire user blinked before grinning widely, "That's awesome! Congratulations!"

 

"Don't tell the others though," He continued to say quietly, leaning towards Hoya, "I'm not sure if I did or not. But I think I might have. I have to find Tablo hyung and talk with him."

 

The other boy nodded, "Alright. We should go try to find him. If Woohyun, Sungjong, and Sanghee are here with us, then the other Infinites, including Tablo, should be here too."

 

"Sanghee?"

 

"Yeah, I don't get it either. Anyways, I need you to help me get into my original hallway-I have to get Sanghee out-she'll be completely helpless by herself. I don't know what its called but-"

"The door will say 'Containment Cell' on it and some number afterwards." Dongwoo quickly replied.

Hoya nodded, "Alright, I'm going to slip through the door, and make a run for it. I need you and Woohyun to help me make a big distraction while I leave so I'll have less guards on my tail."

 

"How about we all go with you-the more of use together, the more protected and stronger we'll be."

 

He nodded again, "That makes sense. Okay."

 

They joined the massice tasmanian devil at the far end of the hallway. Woohyun turned to look at them and morphed his jaw, mouth and vocal chords slightly so he could speak to both of them, "Hey, so whats the plan?"

"Distraction, then bolt to Hoya's hallway to grab Sanghee. Then we get the others."
 

The shape shifter nodded before changing into a muscular cheetah. "I'll go grab Sungjong. He sounded exhausted when he was done with Hoya," He padded down the hallway for the cell Sungjong was in.

A moment later he reappeared with the tired looking healer on his back. They made their way back to the waiting pair at the door, just as Dongwoo finished sinking his pipe into someone else's head.


"Okay, so you guys ready? I'll send a burst of flame at them and then we run straight down the hallway."

 

There were noises of agreement, so with that, Hoya and Dongwoo grabbed the still jammed bench, threw it aside, and forced the door open, revealing 30 or so guards behind it.

 

Hoya took a deep breath. "Okay, let's go!" He shot his hand out and a huge flame flared out, hitting the first rank of guards and scorching them.

 

-v-v-v-


 March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:23 PM

 

 

Ji Ae drop kicked the last man in the main control room as Jinri and Mei joined her, falling lightly from the vent duct in the wall.

"Okay, I don't see anyone else. Jinri, go stand by the door in case anyone comes in. Mei, come help me turn off the lights and switch on the sprinklers and mess with anything else in this building that we can-we need as much chaos and confusion as we can get."

 

"I'm way ahead of you, idiot." Mei attack the control board in a fury of blurring fingers and twitching arms. In a matter of moments everything from the temperature of the building to the light system to the emergency system was changed.

They could practically hear screaming from the very room they were standing it. Finding a large blue print of the building on a wall behind them, Mei examined it closely before turning away. 

"Alright, let's go." Mei ordered, and the trio slipped out of the room after tying up the unconscience people and leaving them in a corner.

 

Stopping just out side of the room, the Chinese girl gestured to the door. "Freeze it over, Jinri."

 

The girl moved her hand out and with a focused expression, managed to create a thick layer of ice around the edges of the doorway, preventing any entry.

 

"Okay, lets go find them. The containment cells should be this way."

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:24 PM


Hoya was just sending out another dangerous and deadly flame as the group ran along the hallway when the sprinkers kicked in. The flame went out, leaving him soaked, confused and a hell of a lot annoyed.

"! What the hell!" He cursed, staring up at the ceiling were the water was pouring from, "I swear I wasn't doing it hard enough to set those off!"

 

"Doesn't matter, we've gotta go!"  Dongwoo yelled back, tugging him along. They ran towards a door ahead of them and when they reached it, they found it labeled 'Containment Cell- [2]'. Hoya frowned as his companion quickly opened it and ushered the WooCheetah and Sungjong into the room.

"Wait, I think Sanghee's and mine is one over."

 

Dongwoo gave him an exasperated look, "Seriously?!" He poked his head in, and suddenly heard Woohyun call out.

"Guys! Sunggyu, Sungyeol and L are in here!"

Pulling his head out, Dongwoo looked between the quickly approaching guards and the impatient Hoya. He sighed before making a split second decision. "Alright, here," He passed his blood slicked weapon to Hoya, "Defend yourself with this and go find your hallway-it should be one over. Block the exit until we get there-I have to go get the others freed."


The fire user nodded before dashing down the hallway as Dongwoo disappeared into the second hallway.

 

-v-v-v-

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:30 PM

Skidding into the third hallway, Hoya slammed the door shut behind him and blocked any other entry using the same bench-technique he had seen Dongwoo and Woohyun use with a nearby bench.

 

Turning around and breathing heavily, Hoya noticed he wasn't alone in the hallway. At the far end was another scientist-one of the assistants to the scientist who had pissed him off so much. He was holding a clipboard in his hand and facing the cell that Hoya was guessing was Sanghee's.

He looked up at the commotion and stared, terrified, as Hoya came closer and closer.

"D-demon!" He turned to run, but the boy tackled him, punching him hard across the face. He raised the pipe in his other hand, about to kill him, when someone stopped him.

 

"Don't kill him, you idiot. What would be the point?"

 

He looked over crossly, at the annoyed looking Sanghee as water continued to pour on the both of them, "Well for one I would feel extremely satisfied."

 

"Just open this damn cell and stick him in here. He won't be able to get out."

 

Scowling, Hoya gave her a glare before rummaging through the scared man's clothes and finding the card key he had seen hanging slightly out of Dongwoo's pocket.

Giving the man one last right hook, he stood up and stumbled over to Sanghee's cell, opening it with a click. The door swung inwards, and the girl was by Hoya's side in a flash. "Okay, lets get him in here."

Dragging the maoning man in by his feet, the two ditched him to close the door behind him.

 

"Okay, so what now? Where have you been? Have you found the others? I assume you're on the run right now."

 

Hoya nodded, "Well lets just say an experiment on Dongwoo and myself had gone wrong and we ended up finding Sungjong's and Woohyun's cells and freeing them. I think they're freeing Myungsoo, Sunggyu and Sungyeol right now. I'm fine, at least now I am thanks to Sungjong, and yes, I'm-we're on the run now."
 

"Okay, so I'm guessing Sungyeol is going to teleport them over here soon?"

"Yeah, probably..." Hoya replied, reaching down to pick up the clipboard the scientist had dropped on the ground. The first couple of pages were about him and the stupid lies that were obviously not true. Flipping over a couple of pages, he found a profile about Shin Sanghee, which meant the scientists had found out enough about her to fill out the basis information gaps about her that they required.

"What are you looking at?"

As he scanned over the paper, his curiosity burning, he stopped dead at one bit of information seemed to stand out from the rest.

"What is it?" Sanghee tried to lean closer to see what he was looking at. He suddenly moved away from her, anger, annoyance and slight hurt showing on his face.

"Why didn't you tell us?" He whispered, as the girl stared at him.

"Tell you? Tell you what?" She replied, a terrible feeling growing in her stomach.

Hoya growled, "Do you have any idea how important this information is?!"

 

He shoved the clipboard at her face, "You're lucky you're just good at reading lips. But what if we were in a situation where you couldn't and something terrible happened! You should have told us! We told you everything, us Infinites. We trusted you with our secrets-Why didn't you trust us?!"

 

In large black lettering, next to the category of 'Health Issues', read 'Has hearing issues, that make her nearly completely deaf. Her disability appears to be getting worse, and its only a matter of time before she can no longer hear anything.'

"You're freakin' deaf?!"

 

 

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:31 PM


The trio of girls skidded around a corner, just as Mei finished speaking, "So the cells should just down here..."

 

They stopped, surprised as Hell, when they found a large group of teeming guards outside of a doorway at the far end of the corridor.

 

"Open this up! Right this instant! You are experiments and speciman, act like them, you freaks!"

 

Woohyun's familiar face called back through the slightly cracked doorway, " you, yah freaks!"

Sungyeol's joined his, "Yeah, why would we listen to you?! Come in here and we'll break your necks!"

 

Suddenly one of the guards glanced back and saw the soaking girls.

"Hey! What are you doing here?"

 

That got the other guard's attention and soon everyone was staring at the girls.

Mei frowned slightly. "Nooow would be a very excellent time to use your power, Ms. Freezie."

 

Jinri closed her eyes and held out her palms, sending a wall of frost in the guard's direction. Screams laced through the air as at least 10 of them were frozen solid in a matter of seconds.

"You es-They're mutants!" Another guard yelled, "Kill them!"

 

Mei pulled out her last dagger and Ji Ae slipped into one of her Taekwondo fighting stances, as the guards turned to rush the easier looking victims.

"We're so ed." Jinri muttered, before getting ready to send another deadly wave of frost at them.

"Not if I can help it." Ji Ae and Jinri turned around, their jaws dropping, as Sungyeol appeared behind them. He looked both amused and a little annoyed. "I have no idea why you guys are here, but you can be sure I'm going to make you all tell me later." He grabbed Jinri's wrist and pulled Ji Ae into his side, before cocking his head at Mei. "Grab me if you wanna live."

The Chinese girl scowled before reaching out and setting a firm grip on the collar of his shirt. Everything spun and went black for a second before they suddenly appeared in a drizzling hallway, next to a newly freed Sunggyu and Myungsoo, and joined by Dongwoo, a newly shifted WooTasmanian-Devil, and an exhausted looking Sungjong.

"You girls are freaking crazy!" Sungyeol snapped, gently letting go off the two he was holding while Mei stepped away from him. "What the hell are you do-"

"Mei? Are you alright?" Sunggyu asked, while Myungsoo and Dongwoo asked the same for the other two girls.

 

"Yeah, we're fine. Tablo sent us in to get your sorry asses, and he even gave Jinri a new Power so we could be okay."

The Infinites turned to look at the said girl, who just shrugged, "What? He said he would be able to get it out of me when I got back."

 

Sunggyu tapped his chin, "That's true. Alright, then if no one else is here, let's go get Hoya and Sanghee."

"Sanghee is here too?!" Ji Ae exclaimed, while Jinri stared at him.

"Yeah, at least, according to Hoya she is. They're in the next cells over." He grasped Sungyeol's high shoulder tightly. "Alright, grab Sungyeol, we have to go."

 

The pounding at the cell door had started again as the guards gave up looking for the trio of girls. Sungyeol reached out and grabbed Ji Ae's hand and Jinri's wrist, while Sungjong and Woohyun grabbed/gently-bit his left arm. Dongwoo, Mei, and Myungsoo got a firm grasp of his right arm and the back of his shirt, and Sunggyu gave the younger boy the signal.

"Ready."

 

 

-v-v-v-

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
The (II) Science Insititute of South Korea
8:34 PM
 

 

Hoya and Sanghee stared at each other, Sanghee's a poker face, while Hoya looked pissed off.

"Why didn't you say anything?!" He asked again, feeling furious.

Suddenly Sanghee snapped back, "Because there didn't seem like a reason to tell you, and I hate being treated different. I hate that I am deaf, I hate that I am here in stupid Seoul, and I hate it that I have a Power!"

 

He paused, looking at her confused, "A Power?"

A familiar crack echoed though the hallway, and the rest of the group of Infinites and humans appeared.

"Sanghee?" Hoya heard Ji Ae call out.

The girl shot a look at the fire user, "If you say a word to the others before I feel ready to annouce it, I swear I will kill you. And I'm not joking." She moved towards the other girls, a bright smile on her face, "Ji Ae! Jinri! Is that Mei! Did you guys come for us?"

 

Hoya stared after her, dumbfounded by her threat, before glaring and stalking behind her to join the others.

"No time for questions, we have to get out of here," Dongwoo called from the back, gesturing for them to grab Sungyeol.

A little bit confused, Sanghee made no movement to touch the teleporting boy. Understanding that she couldn't read lips if she couldn't see them, Hoya moved over and grabbed her hand within his and reached out to grasp Sungyeol's collar.

"He's a teleporter, not a magician. If we don't have any of Tablo's special gadgets with us, he can only move people if they're touching him." He told her with false cheeriness, making sure that she was facing him so she could see him.

She narrowed her eyes at him and clenched her jaw, before tightening her hand under Hoya's on Sungyeol's shirt.

"Oh? Then you better grab him, not me."

Blinking, Hoya looked at her, annoyed, before moving his hand from hers to another part of Sungyeol's shirt.

"Of course, Miss. RudeAss."

The others watched, a little mystified as to why there was so much tension between the two. Sungyeol ignored them while he waited for Sunggyu's signal.

"Okaaay, I guess we're ready then."

 

Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol teleported them to the area Mei had described to him moments ago.

 

 

-v-v-v-

March 24, 2264
Incheon, South Korea
Government Property
8:37 PM
 

 

Everyone stumbled as they landed on the leaf-and-pine-covered forest floor. Mei quickly let go of Sungyeol and gestured towards Sunggyu, "Come on, I need you to help me."

 

They walked over to the back of the sudan that still sat a bit away. Opening it, she pulled a still dead-to-the-world Tablo out, with a blanket wrapped around his waist.

"Here, hold him. He's alive, but only just. We need to go somewhere-not the hideout-so Sungjong can heal him."

Nodding, Sunggyu hefted Tablo up and headed back over to the waiting Infinites and humans. "Sungyeol, I need you to grab him to teleport him." He turned to the girls.

"Do you guys have a house we could go to? The Hunters and scientists and government all know where we live and where we'd go."

Sanghee shook her head, "Not me, they already know my address in France and who I am-they'd look there for sure."

Mei also refused, "My aunt and I have a tiny house in China. It would collapse if this many people tried to fit in it.

They all looked at Jinri, who hadn't said anything. She sighed before shaking her head, "I'm going to regret this. But I have an apartment in Seoul that we could go to. But it's really small."

"It's have to do." Dongwoo told her, "Tell Sungyeol what street and ave it's on."
 

As she informed the boy, he lifted Tablo up, piggy back style, on his back. The others rearranged themselves around him before each grabbing ahold of him in someway.

"Okay, I think I know where that is."

Hoya waved his hand in the direction of the sudan, setting the car on fire. "Let's go before that explodes."

 

The others looked at him and he shrugged, "What? I'm getting rid of some evidence!"

 

Rolling his eyes, Sunggyu quickly told the teleporter, "Ready."

 

For what seemed like the millionth time today, the world spun and everything went black.

 

 

 

A_A_A_A_A_A_A

A/N

I was totally planning on making this into two chapters buuut Wynthe and Francesca convinced me not too...

Anyways, Happy Birthday To Wynthe! I hope you like this chapter and Sanghee! XD

To all the readers, commenters and subscribers-Thank you so much!

I'm so sorry I couldn't update yesterday-I was really tired and felt groos-but I'm okay now :D

I'll reply to ALL the comments (from Chapters 13-14) later-I have to go clean my house and then I'm hanging out with a friend, so yeah-I wanted to put this up before I got super budy though~

I hope you guys like it! I'll edit it later!

-WhosThere13