Memory loss, Powers, and the Infinites

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

Date Unknown

Location Unknown

Time Unknown

 

 

Ji Ae felt a pounded headache hit her full force as she slowly regained consciousness. Where was she? What had happened?

She felt like her mind had been unravelled, and it was only know it was slowly being put back together. Her memories began to flash before her eyes, and she had to supress a groan as her head began to throb again.

 

She had been wandering around her birth town in Daegu, checking out the sites and visiting her father's parents. She remembered that it had been early in the afternoon, as the sun was still shining high and blindingly in the brilliant blue sky, that she had gotten a phone call from her shaken father. Apparently her best friend had made a dangerous enemy-a citizen had found her beat black, blue and several shades inbetween, and right away, she had been taken to the Univeristy of Pittsburgh Medical Care Centre, where she lay in a comatose state.

 

Afraid for her life, Ji Ae had taken the speed shuttle to Seoul to use her two way ticket at the Incheon Airport. Unfortunately, it was only when she got into Seoul that she realised she no longer had the sufficient funds to get a speedy taxi to the airport, so she was forced to resort to the subway.

 

While she had been thinking about any people that would try to attack her friend, the subway had binged for the 4th time, and she got up to leave. But as she was had tried to get off, a girl shoved her from behind, causing her to stumble and nearly bump into the next person. Annoyed, she turned around to find a hurried looking girl about her age wearing a waitress uniform.

 

The girl had started to apologize, before stopping halfway and just staring at her. Even more pissed off, Ji Ae had decided to stop blocking the other passengers, and moved forward. Unfortunately, it was only after she got off the train that she realised she had gotten off at the wrong stop-the train must have binged a 5th time, not a 4th. Feeling anger and frustration begin to build up in her, she had almost started yelling her head off before she remembered her yoga lessons-'find someplace to relax, and breathe'.

 

Looking around, she had noticed a secluded pillar, noticeably distant from the rest of the crowds. Making her way over, she leaned against the structure and took several deep breathes.

 

Out of the corner of her eye, Ji Ae noticed someone approaching and she felt a tinge of annoyance when she recognised the girl from the subway. The girl had started to yell at her, and she had tried to make her go away, but when the stranger had started to resort to violence, smacking her hand against the pillar by Ji Ae's head, she decided she had gone too far.

 

So she resorted to one of her more...unique traits.

 

Ji Ae threw her voice, making it sound as if it was behind the girl. The effect she desired was to distract her, and it worked out, as she got enough time to shove the girl away. She was not in the mood to fight, so she gave the girl one last warning, in which the girl ignored, before-

 

She frowned slightly as the memory seemed to open to just pure black. What the heck happened then?

Another memory resurfaced, so she decided to go back to the blank spot later.

 

When she had regained her vision and her other 4 senses, she had noticed the other girl was just as shocked as she was. Not only that but she had noticed the sound of the crowds was gone-looking around she realised they were gone. At the sound of the other girl cursing, she glanced about and noticed the most important thing. That there was a speeding, howling train running on the exact same track as the other currently stalling train that she had just gotten off of. Had she forgot to mention it was heading straight for them?

 

Her day really couldn't have gotten much worse.

 

She had grabbed the other girl's hand and tried to pull her towards the stairs-if they didn't move now they would be killed by the flying debris.

 

"Move! We have to move!" 

 

The girl remained frozen in shock, just staring as the train continued to charge in their general direction.

 

"Move it!" She was beginning to debate on leaving the girl there and saving her own skin. But she wasn't that mean. Suddenly the girl shook her head before bolting for the stairs, Ji Ae close to her side. They were stopped short when a tall man sudden appeared in front of them, despite the fact that she could have swore she had seen him and his friend on the other side of the station.

 

He grapsed both their wrists tightly and turned to yell at his friend who skidded to a stop near them. Ignoring what was going on around her, Ji Ae began to panic-suddenly all she could hear was the sound of the metal gears in the subway engine screaming as they moved too fast, the loud humming that was practically emitting from the magnetic tracks. All she could see were the flying sparks, the blurring metal-she had to get out, she had to run away!

 

She had started kicking and screaming her head off, scratching furiously at the man's arm with her other hand. He ignored her, and instead pushed the other rather-doctile girl over so he was grasping their two wrists with one hand. Why wasn't she moving?! They had to go! They were going to die!

 

She was helpless as she watched the two trains crash, sending deadly metal splinters flying, sparks and fire close afterwards. The sickening sound of screeching, bending metal, the-

 

Everything went black. Again.

 

Ji Ae puffed out her cheeks while she tried to think around the massive, pounding headache. She noticed her eardrums were slowly starting to work again, and she stiffened slightly when she realised she wasn't alone.

 

A male's voice, sounding far away was speaking, and she could only seem to catch snatches of the conversation as her hearing faded in an out.

 

"...should we do with them-...."

 

Another man spoke out with a slight lisp, "There isn't much we ca-....maybe hyung can help."

 

Suddenly a much closer voice, maybe within two feet of her, called out. "Hyung, I think one of them is waking up. What should I do?"

 

There was a pregnant pause, before the man with the lisp replied, "Put her back to sleep."

 

Fear and panic began to build in her again, and Ji Ae struggled even harder open her eyes. She had to find out where she was! What happened!? What was going on?! Who where they-"

 

A soft hand settle on her eyes, and an equally soft voice whispered in her ear. "Good night."

 

She tried to lift her hands, her arms, anything, to shove him away but-Everything faded to black.

 

 

-v-v-v-v-v-

 

Date Unknown

Location Unknown

Time Unknown

 

 

Ji Ae woke to the sound of men laughing and the tinkering sound of a old lightbulb burning out. She almost blinked, wanting to know where she was and who was there, when all her previous memories once again hit her like a massive wave. That's when she stopped trying to open her eyes-what if the boy put her to sleep again? She did like the dark, but she did NOT like being forced to sleep.

 

Something was eating away at the back of her mind, but she wasn't sure what it was. She felt the air shift around as someone walked by, but she continued to lay still, feigning that she was still unconsious.

 

What was going on? Who were they? What happed at the statio-

 

Suddenly everything clicked, and she was forced to take deep breaths to force her body to remain relaxed.

 

It all made sense.

 

The station-when she was at the station with the girl, the guys must have done something to the crowds that made them disappear right before the accident. And, and they must have taken her and the girl somewhere using the same Power, and the pretty boy probably put her to sleep using a Power as well!

 

A Power.

 

She fought the urge to shudder, as the word rolled around in her mind. She had used Powers a couple of times before, years ago, when they had not been banned. She thought they were interesting and she wanted to understand how they worked. That was before the Power Wars. That was before everything changed. That was before the Infinites were born.

 

The legends of the S4S36's, or Infinites, were well known and unforgettable. How some Infinites could burn entire cities just with a wave of their hand. How some Infinites would massacre whole towns and villages, woman and child included, because they thought the human race was inferior. There were tales of Infinites with wings sprouting from their backs, acid dripping from raw mouths, or bloody spikes down their backs. Or with red fleshy skin, and long claws instead of finger tips. How they aged faster then normal humans, yet their life expectancy was much longer. They were the living nightmares, they were the monsters that the human race created. How their Powers were unlimited and how they were unstoppable.

 

She had been told for years that Infinites were the closest living things to the Satan, and how the American government was trying everything in their power to get rid of as many of them before they caused more harm to the human race. But it was hard work, and America's population was massive, which made it even more difficult to root them out. There was nothing they could do though-Other countries that had once set upon each other using the Powers, had been forced to turn in on themselves to prevent being exterminiated from the inside out by the Infinites. Not only that, but the countries couldn't even help each other, as they were still all weak from the Power Wars.

 

But she had always heard the Infinites were becoming an endangered species-not that anyone cared, as everyone feared and loathed them. When she had come to Korea to visit her birthplace, she had even read in a newspaper that South Korea was healing nicely from the Power War North Korea had dragged it into, and how there were little to no Infinites left here.

 

Yet...as she listened to the men talking, she picked out 4-5 different males, no doubt every single one of them probably Infinites. Why were there so many in one small area? What was she going to do? How was she going to get out of this mess?! It they tried to do anything to her...

 

She knew enough Karate and Taekwondo that she could probably take one of them, even if they were really unlimited in the terms of Powers. But perhaps, with a little planning...

 

-v-v-v-v-v-

A/N

I'm sorry guys-I wanted to put this up sooner 'cus Jaimee starts school tomorrow and I thought she would like it if I added more before she goes off to hel-I mean, school, but my laptop, my very ancient laptop, messed with my chapter. Yes. My laptop actually changed every single word on my document into some sort of computer code that I wasn't able to decode. I didn't want to waste timing trying to decode it since I was probably going to fail miserably in the end, so I just retyped it out and combined the beginning of Chapter 6 with it to make up for my lateness D:

Sorry
Jaimee for getting this out so late-I hope you (and everyone else as well) enjoy it~

I'll try to type up more tomorrow XD I promise it'll be more exciting (I just wanted to explain who the mystery girl was, and what the Inifnites were viewed as in the world-tsk tsk , propaganda~

Comment replies <3


Jaimee : Wah, I'm glad you like BHS so much so far XD
I hope I can keep that excitement-don't worry! There's more action in the next chapter~
Well, out of them, Ji Ae is fine, for the most part~ XD
Yeah, I remember when I was younger I played it with my siblings, and I always remember thinking something seemed a little out of place with the game. Then I learned in my Grade 11 social class that the Ring Around the Rosy poem was based off the French Revolution, aka the bloodiest incident in French history XD Yeah, lovely. Hahaha
Oh, you mean that really nice performance where they were performing in the victorian styled room, and their clothes style was red, black and white? Waaah I love that performance~I really like the instrumental version of the song, its soothing and nice~Hoya and Dongwoo are such awesome rappers! I'm so envious of them-I wish I could rap half as good D'X Yeah, I have to stufy my Korean haha

 

fatieynmanmanhani : Don't worry, the boy's okay-remember, he was on the first level of the station, so he was several floors away from the incident~
Really? XD Detective!! Tell me on my profile in a private message, I wanna see who you guess mehehe
He is pretty attractive buuut he's too greasy for me XD hahaha


IHeartHelloKitty :  Really? Only after a few chapters? But they must get a bunch of wonderful characters D: I would feel terrible if I made you guys fill out an application form a mile long, and then ditched you all after a few measly chappies :(
I'm glad you think its different-different is good, different is eyecatching, memorable and unique XD hehe
Yeah, Tic Toc was so good-I wish they performed it as the follow up song for 'Be Mine'-I'd be so very happy haha I really liked Crying 'cus Hoya and Dongwoo are amazing, but I can't listen to slow, quiet songs or else I feel sleepy-hehe >>
 

wynthe : Good-Its my job as an author to make sure you guys are enjoying it :D
Yeah, Sunggyu's ability and her's are eeever so slightly different, mehehe Don't worry, I'll explain it in the future. Yeah, they were shocked she knew what was going on haha

I hope you understand her a bit more in this chapter haha Don't worry, the boys are coming in the next chapter ;) well most of them anyways haha
Wah, I'm happy you caught that XD I hate it in stories when all the OC's are dropped on the readers randomly, like you're expected to remember them all. Not to mention it'd be rather unusual if the Infinite mutants just HAPPENED to find a bunch of random girls and guy at once and they all just HAPPENED to fall in love :/

Hahaha Don't worry, I'll try to make a more interesting one for next time-I hope you like this one though~


Sorry for the later update (stupid laptop...:'(...) I hope you like this chapter, even if it's a little slow >>

To
Jaimee and Everyone else who is starting school tomorrow: HWAITING!! XD

-WhosThere13

p.s. I had yummy Butter Chicken for dinner tonight-Nom nom nom~ Now I have to go fix my laptop because its still being glitchy >:( maybe if I Falcon Punch it...

p.s.s. Sorry if there are any spelling or grammar errors-I typed it up fast and didn't get time to read it over >>