The Infinite of Creation ['Of Science and Discovery' 1/3]

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

 

 

March 24, 2264

Location Unknown

10:03 AM

 

 

The three girls were lead down the dark musky hallways like prisoners, the atmosphere tense and heavy. Dongwoo and Hoya were walking in front of them, talking to each other about things Jinri couldn't hear, while Sungjong walked behind them with the majority of the pack, whistling some merry tune.

 

Whenever she felt anger bubble up within her, Jinri would force herself to look at the wolf walking right beside her. She could be violent or spontaneous in her actions sometimes, but she had enough self preservation to know not to piss off a wolf-she couldn't help but think Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong seemed a bit more human and approachable, but annoying a wolf? Who knows if the other Infinites would be able to stop him. He'd probably already be knawing on her spinal cord before they'd be able to get the giant beast off of her.

 

As if feeling her gaze on his heavy coat of fur, Woohyun glanced back and gave her a toothy grin. Unsure as to whether she should be even more annoyed or creeped out, she chose the former and narrowed her eyes at him.

 

"What, you don't like how pretty I am?"

 

She nearly shrieked, and ended up crashing into Sanghee, who fell into Ji Ae, who hit the wall of the narrow hallway. Sungjong and the dogs stopped, watching with amusement while Hoya and Dongwoo glanced back at the chaos the wolf had caused.

 

"Would you prefer if I looked like Bambi?"

 

Right before her eyes, the wolf's body shifted, his legs growing longer, the fur getting much shorter, the colour shifting from the black and white to a honey brown with white spots. He raised his neck and looked at her with big eyes, transformed completely from a fearsome wolf to the picture of innocence.

 

Until he smiled.

 

See, Woohyun hadn't bothered to change his predator teeth into plant-eater teeth, leaving his mouth full of pointy, jagged canines. This time, Jinri did let out a yelp, but she also kicked out, smacking her foot into his thin deer leg.

 

"Holy , you freakin' Infinite! Get the away!"

 

“Ow! Watch it! I’m a very delicate boy!”

 

"Woohyun! As amusing as it is to watch you freak out every new person you see with your Power, we don't have time. Tablo hyung is going to get annoyed, and if Sunggyu gets back with the others before we even arrive, then it'll be your pretty little deer head on a platter."

 

Woohyun pouted, before shifting back into the form of a wolf, "I just wanted them to like me better," He whined, while Dongwoo went over and offered the fallen girls a hand and Sunjong laughed at him.

 

“Hyung, you’re doing it all wrong, girls like entirely cute things, not cute with a side order of freakish nightmare.”

 

Jinri ignored Dongwoo, as did Ji Ae, but Sanghee had had enough of being shoved and falling to the ground for one day, and allowed him to help her up. However, she did turn away from him and edge closer to the others when she was back on her two feet.

 

Frowning slightly and feeling a little hurt, Dongwoo shrugged it off and rejoined Hoya again in the front, once again making their way down the hallway.

After several more minutes of complete silence, Jinri couldn’t take it anymore. “Yo, Hoyo, Dongwoon.”

 

“It’s Hoya. He’s Dongwoo,” The fire boy gave her a withering look as they continued to walk.

 

“Yeah, whatever. So where are we? I thought you knew the way out of here.”

 

This time Sungjong answered, from behind her, “We do! Have you ever heard of the original labyrinth?”

 

“No,” She replied rather bluntly, while Ji Ae perked up.

 

“I have. It’s called the Cretan Labyrinth-Didn’t the hero, whatshisname-“

 

“Theseus.”

 

She blinked at Dongwoo before saying a quiet ‘thank you’ and continuing while he grinned at her, “Yes, Theseus, didn’t he have to go through the maze and kill the Minotaur? What does that have to do with anything?”

 

“Well, see, we’re like the Theseus’ of this Labyrinth-We go in here and will defeat anyone who shows up smelling for trouble, and we all know our way out.”

 

“That’s great, but it feels like we’ve been walking in circles. How are you sure you haven’t taken the wrong turn?” Jinri interrupted, nearly stumbling over Woohyun’s great form when he slowed down too much.

 

“That guy from that maze you’re talking about, he had the golden thread that lead him out, right?” Dongwoo said with a smile, “Well we don’t need thread. The maze is designed to mess up any electronics or any signals that an intruder could receive while they’re walking around here. So instead of using those, we use scent.” He tapped his nose, giving them another crooked grin.

 

“Scent? You can smell?”

 

He looked away at Ji Ae’s surprised and wary expression before shaking his head. “Well not me particularly.”

 

They continued to move, but both Jinri and Ji Ae were staring at Dongwoo.

 

“Sooo…you’re saying Hoya can smell th-“

 

“Oh come on, Woohyun’s a freakin’ wolf, couldn’t you have guess him?! You at this!” Hoya snapped, glaring again at the mildly amused girl.

 

“Because Wolf Boy’s reactions couldn’t possibly be as funny as yours are.”

 

“Hey, I could be funny!”

 

“Woman, don’t make me torch you-“

 

“Ah found it!”

 

They all glanced at the pleased Dongwoo, who was standing in front of a doorway. He noticed he had their attention and shrugged, “Actually Hoya can’t, and Woohyun can if he turns into an animal with a good nose. I’m just better then both of them,” He snickered as his friends glared at him before brushing the dust off the top righthand corner.

 

A small [e] appeared, ever so faintly traced into the wood. “It’s impossible to see if you don’t know where you’re looking,” With that he wrapped his hand around the tarnished bronze door handle and swung it open.

 

It opened to reveal a warm looking room with a roaring fire burning in a massive carved fireplace to their left. The room appeared to be several stories high, and almost every foot of the wall was covered in books of various shapes, sizes and colours. A long silver spindly looking ladder attached to the bookcase reached from the very top of the huge room, to the floor, and had wheels on the bottom so it was moveable. Pictures hung dangerously off the corners of the shelves, and odd little tinkers and bits were balanced on random stacks of books around the room. A massive fluffy carpet stretched out in front of them, squishing under Ji Ae’s feet as she moved across from it. As they entered further into the room, they noticed a long sturdy stained-cherry wood oak table, which was also covered in books, as well as many papers with notes scribbled across them, different writing utensils, and some dishes that appeared to have been several days old.

 

At the very head of the table on the other side of the room sat a Korean man with shaggy black hair and a medium build. He appeared to be entirely focused on a book he was looking at, reading glasses perched low on his nose and his expression thoughtful.

 

Dongwoo looked happier then Ji Ae had ever seen of him as he called out, “Hyun-“

 

A loud crack interrupted his cheerful greeting, and 4 people appeared in the corner of the room by the fireplace.

 

The man looked up at the sound, blinked once, before closing his book, standing up and taking his glasses off, laying them on the table.

 

“Meeeii!” He called out, a blinding grin on his face as he started to speed walk over to the people who had just appeared in the room.

 

However, it seemed as if the people were a little busy. As everyone pulled down their hoods, the girl reached out, grabbed the guy who was holding her arm and pulled his head to her level.

 

“Look, if you ever touch me without permission again, I’ll stick your legs full of knives and through you in the Han River. Got it?!”

 

The guy fought a grin that was trying to take over his face, before nodding, “Sure, whatever you say.”

 

Just as the girl turned to face the man who had called out to her, Ji Ae suddenly recognized the two from the subway.

 

“YOU!” She yelled.

 

“ME!” Replied the man who had grabbed her originally, putting his hands on his face and pretending to be horrified.

 

“Uh oh,” Sunggyu sighed, massaging his temples.

 

“MEI!”

 

“WOONG! I’M GOING TO KI-”

 

“HOYA!” Dongwoo shouted, throwing his hands up in the air.

 

Laughing, Hoya yelled back. “DONGWOO!”

 

The pretty boy joined in the chaotic mess, “SUNGYEOL!”

 

“SUNGJONG!” The warping boy called back, still pretending to be horrified, as well as edging away from the murderous looking Ji Ae.

 

“WOOHYUN!”

 

The wolf grinned before yelping out, “SUNGG-“
 

“STOP!” Suddenly no one could move, except the extremely annoyed looking Sunggyu by the fireplace who had his arms outstretched with all his fingers fully flared, “If I hear another person yell, I will swear I will stop time just so I can shove you in the fire. And I don’t make threats-I make promises. Understand?!”

 

He dropped his arms, relaxing his Power.

 

There was silence, even the man trying to hug Mei, as well as the girl herself, just stared at Sunggyu.

 

“What the was that?!” Jinri shouted, breaking the silence. “What the hell did you just do?!”

 

“Yeah, couldn’t I at least have said something before you told everyone to shutup,” Woohyun muttered mutinously, flicking his tail back and forth and looking at his paws.

 

“That’s not what I was talking about, peabrain.” Jinri snapped, while Ji Ae joined her.

 

“Yeah, wants going on? Why are we here? When can we leave? Why are there Infinites here? Isn’t that illegal? What about-

 

“Oh you shutup too,” Mei snapped, getting annoyed with the seemingly endless questions.

 

Ji Ae narrowed her eyes and stepping forward. “, you did not just interrupt me.”

 

“Try me, you American.” The girl shot back, walking forward. Apparently she had picked up on Ji Ae’s slight accent.

 

“Are you insulting my citizenship as well as my nationality?” Ji Ae asked quietly, the atmosphere around her getting deadly.

 

“You Americans, always so quick to fight-a lot like how you started that Power War with my country, with China-“

 

“!”

 

Suddenly Ji Ae was on the other side of the room, having Mei in a headlock with one leg wrapped around her waist and the other tripping the girl so she fell to the ground until Ji Ae with a thud.

Just as the Chinese girl managed to pull out a small, but just as dangerous knife from inside her baggie hoodie, Sungyeol was there, pulling Ji Ae off by force and suddenly appearing again on the other side of the room. Mei stood up with murder in her eyes, while Sungyeol actually looked scared, still clutching the equally pissed off Ji Ae to his chest.

 

“Mei.”

 

The girl paused, before glancing over at the man.

 

“I don’t believe I ever introduced you to your new trainees!”

 

She blinked, surprised at the random change of subject, while he walked over to where Sunggyu and another boy was standing.

 

“This is Myungsoo-but he likes to be called L.” He gave her a crooked smile while holding out his hand for her to shake. She stared at it, still pissed about the little fight with Ji Ae, before shaking it quickly and turning back to the man.

 

“And Woohyun.” He gestured to the wolf, who gave her a doggy grin. While she inspected her new trainees, the man turned back to the two in the furthest corner. “Okay Sungyeol, I think you can let her go now.”

 

The man gently let her down until her feet were safely on the ground, before letting his arms slid down from where they had been wrapped around her waist. On the other hand. Ji Ae gave him a glare and stormed away from him, annoyed that he had one, interrupted her fight, and two, touched her-he was still an Infinite, and one that pissed her off a lot. What was with him and grabbing her and teleporting random places?!

“Woong, I hate to break it to you, but Woohyun? He’s a wolf. I don’t train animals.”

 

Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong snickered while Woong shrugged, not looking worried whatsoever. “Woohyun, I think you still have some fresh clothes in the locker room. Sungjong? If you could? He doesn’t have any hands…”

 

The pretty boy nodded while grasping his hand firmly on the door, breathing in and out, and pulling it open.

 

Ji Ae, Jinri, and the unusually silent Sanghee’s jaws all dropped. The door, the same one they used to enter from the mushy dark hallway, opened to a brightly lit turquoise and cream tiled locker room.

 

Woohyun trotted by them, making sure to childishly nudge Jinri with his shoulder, which of course, because of his mass, nearly made her topple over, if it wasn’t for Sanghee grabbing her. He entered the locker room, gave them a toothy smile, before Sungjong closed the door behind him.  

“Okay! So!” Woong clapped his hands together and grinned, “You had some questions? Might as well answer them while we wait for Woohyun to get dressed.”

 

Jinri paused, “Dressed?”
 

“Yep! See, one of Woohyun’s Powers as an Infinite is shapeshifting. But he can’t turn back into a human without becoming butt. Hah, a shapeshifting going back to human form with clothes on-that’s just silly.” He moved his shoulders up and down as he turned to Ji Ae. “So. questions?”

 

“Okay.” Ji Ae paused before answering. “Who are you?”

 

“Well, it depends on what country I’m in. See, if I’m in America for research on my projects, my name is Daniel Armand Lee. If I’m being a normal citizen and scientist in Asia then I’m Lee Seon Woong…,” He paused, cocking his head to the side and giving them a faint, almost dangerous smile, “…And when I’m being the man who helped invent the Powers, as well as the Infinite of Creation, I am Tablo.”

 

 

 

 

A_A_A_A_A_A

A/N

Ooooh~ I wonder what that means-Infinite of Creation?

I thought it sounded cool, so I made it the title of the chapter as well. So! If anyone is still confused about who was where, here it is:

 

- In the beginning, Sunggyu and Sungyeol were at the station

 

-At the time Ji Ae woke up for the first time in the labyrinth everyone was there (Sunggyu was talking for the most part and Sungjong put her to sleep) not that she could tell since her eyes were closed

 

-When Ji Ae was escaping Hoya and Dongwoo had left to patrol and Woohyun and Sungjong were left to guard them (but failed miserably XD haha)

 

-Then Sungjong, Hoya, Dongwoo and Woohyun chased the trio down the hallway and caught them

 

- Finally, Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Sungyeol went to pick Mei up

Anymore questions about that? :)

Okayyy~ Comment time XD


zenlovers: Yeah, you guessed him right hehe Sungyeol is awesome XD
Yeah, poor Sunggyu :( even in this Chapter, even when Tablo was present, he had to act like the leader-‘cus Tablo can be a little childish sometimes >>
Haha Naaah~ Sungyeol is immature but he’s no ert~ Probably. Haha


francesca: Well they haven’t gone to Sinapore yet, but they will be-Yes something’s brewing XD I’m so excited, I get to explain the whole back story and get it over with in the next couple of chapters! Hehe

Actually I think she would be the type to be good friends with Mei-Mei isn’t bad, she’s actually pretty awesome, she just doesn’t like peppy hyper strangers who ask too many questions (as long as your character steps carefully, I think she’ll be good~ haha)
Yep, Aaaall the way from China ^^


wynthe: Hahaha I thought something was familiar about the name! Oh yeah, that little Chinese girl from Fullmetal who can do those were circle things! Yeah, sorry about dumping the back story all in one chapter-I wanted to introduce her, but I didn’t want to just have Infinite show up at a random girl’s house and transport her back to where Tablo was and have her know everyone-I thought everyone would get confused and it would look a little messy >> So I just did it all at once *shrug*

Nope, Myungsoo was there, when they went to get Mei, he just didn’t say anything because usually Sunggyu does the talking when they meet new people, and Sungyeol does the annoying idiot bits, so he ends up not being able to say a lot haha

 

Not Sunggyu, but close-yeah, Sungyeol basically just apparates wherever he goes haha XD

I was thinking about what to call the people who secretly support the Infinite race, and suddenly I was like, “Ho! Inspirit! I’m so very clever, mehehe.” Yeah. True story. (Only not)

Sorry I haven’t mentioned Sanghee a lot in the past couple of chapters-half the time she doesn’t even know whats going on, so I can’t even write her reaction out D: But there will be more of her in the next two bits

Well, I picked everyone actually (I’ll write this again in the after note second so others will see) *shrug*

In fact the only person I don’t picked is between the different personalities of the boy you gave me-its so haaaaarrrd-I wanna use the first one because he looks harder to write and it’ll be fun and challenging to write him-but I feel like the second one would suit the story better and be easier to write DX

I was taking about the title with
francesca and she convinced me to keep it. If anyone is confused about it, I’ll just explain it to them *shrug* Black Hole Sun grew on me as a title

Yes please! I’d love suggestions for Powers! All of the Infintie Themes (like the Themes if their Powers) are going to be introduced in this Arc so yeah….I don’t know how powerful they’ll be-it varies from Infintie member to Infinite member as it also varies on how easily they can control, their Powers, how many Powers do they have, how long they can use those Powers, etc.

Infinite’s against who? XD Who who who? Tell me your idea, PM me! Tell me, tell me, tell me!

Yeah, I was planning on adding the government into the equation at some point. Maybe sometime after this Arch? Hmmm

Well, I’m getting there-4/7(maybe 8) OCs have been introduced, only 3 (possibly 4) more! Whoo!

 

 

fatieynmanmanhani: Do you like the little backstory I came up with? Want me to change anything about it? Sorry if your character seemed a little moodswingy in this chapter-her and Ji Ae and Jinri just don’t seem like the types that would like each other haha Not to mention with the recent Power War between the US and China in the story….

Me too! (I feel like a psychopath now >>) I do occasional training as a Chef, and its fun to cut stuff, yet my siblings freak out when ever they see me just swinging a knife around casually haha It’s only because I’m use to them, so usually never cut myself (again, I sound like a psychopath….)

Yeah, Sungyeol is so rude! Someone should teach him some manners! >:(

 

 

IHeartHelloKitty: Yeah I like her too XD Well basically everyone else who is commenting are the people who made the awesome characters hehe though I am going to be listing below who has want character that had been introduced :D
 

Waah Thank you! I’m glad you like my writing style! That makes me super happy as an author XD

The truth is…I started to watch Pan’s Labyrinth, buuut…I fell asleep. Whoops. >> But I am planning on watching it soon, since I keep hearing how good it is *shrug*

I’m soooorry!! I forgot to start including the word ‘like’ in her dialogue again DX It’s like she randomly stops saying it after Chapter 5-I’m sooorry! I’ll try to fix it in the future chapters *sobs*

Yeah, Gladys is a bit of a b*tch, if you know what I mean. She’s so rude to me >:( What’s your iPods name? XD



~~~~

 

Anyways~ So I wanted to let you guys know (even though it’s going to be revealed in the future chapters anyways) that before you judge Mei too harshly for her rudeness in this chapter, keep in mind that she is a very strong nationalist to China and the US attacked China in a Power War within the past 10 or so years. I’m not saying what Mei did was right, I mean, heck half my life I was called a Canadian as an insult when I lived in America, and the other half of the time I was called American as an insult by Canadians (such unoriginal insults -_-")
Mei is a little blunt and very short tempered and hates chatterboxes, hence why she took an instant dislike to Ji Ae (because she talked too much for Mei and because Mei has a thing against Americans).

Don’t worry, Mei won’t always act like that towards Ji Ae (or Americans for that matter), she’ll get over it after sometime. But its just for now that she’s acting like a jerk. Okay? (Note: I also added the bit where she has a little grudge against Americans-it wasn’t on the original profile)



So! You guys wanna know which AFF member has characters that are have or yet to appear in the story? Okay! If it says ‘Unknown’ that means their character hasn’t been introduced into the story yet!

 

zenlovers Yoon Jinri

 

IHeartHelloKitty:  Lim Ji Ae
 

wynthe:  Shin Sang Hee, -Unknown-*

 

fatieynmanmanhaniKim Mei Hua

Jaimee: -Unknown-

 

francesca: -Unknown-

 

 

*I specifically asked wynthe for another character for one of the Infinite members, just to let everyone know-No, she did not apply two profiles, she only did one originally.

 

Okay, all done for today~Whew, long chapter~ I’ll add another one tomorrow probably :3

-WhosThere13

P.S. I really want ancient Gladys to be fixed right now-I had to type this chapter up on my basement computer and I was not comfy…. *unhappy sigh*