The Jigsaw Puzzle

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

 

March 30, 2264
Seungri’s property
4:22 PM


“I hate this,” Myungsoo muttered, crossing his arms as Franscesa ransacked the freezer. Seungri had been surprisingly generous, allowing them a certain range to wander within the house. He warned them that if they stepped out of their boundries, they’d activate the fence he put up. Invisible and only zapping those who had S4S16 DNA, the fence was perfect thing to keep the 2 Infinites locked up.

"Hey, I don't like it any better," She puffed out her cheeks as she gave up, moving away from the fridge to lean against the wall.

"No one has contacted us or said anything about the AHA team. What are we suppose to do now?!" He combed a hand through his ruffled hair, his body language clearly showing his annoyance.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Fran shrugged. "So what should we do? Plot our way out?"

Tapping his chin as he thought, Myungsoo's whole expression lit up suddenly. "Fran! You're a genius!"

She stared at him slackjawed. "I am...? I-I mean, Of course I am," She puffed out her chest proudly.

He gestured her closer, glancing around for cameras-for the few days they had been living at Seungri's, they had looked everywhere for the recording devices, though none were found. The man didn't appear to care or even want to know if they planned on breaking out. He was either too confident or he, well, just didn't mind. Myungsoo believed he was leaning towards the latter.

"Look, we know Big Bang wants you for something, right? That's why they chased us down and threatened to skin everyone alive if they didn't get you back." He smirked, while she made a face at his description.

"That was unnecessary," She grumbled, leaning away. He pulled her back in, ignoring her complaints.

"Here's the plan. You find which member has the greatest weakness towards you, excluding G Dragon-he's crazy, so that'll just end badly. Anyways-find the member with the greatest weakness, exploit that weakness, and find out what they want you for!" He grinned excitedly.

She gave him a deadpanned look, "That's your master plan."

"Yep."

"For me to flirt with the Hunters."

"Think of them as people you knew when you were a kid."

"Fine, you want me to flirt with my 'uncles'."

"They aren't technically related to you."

She sighed, shaking her head. "If I wasn't so bored, I may refuse. But I read all Seungri's books, and you're too busy doodling to hold an intellegent conversation, so I'll do it."

"Hey!"

"I said I'd do it, right?" Fran wrinkled her nose playfully at the older boy, who just rolled his eyes and jostled her shoulder.

"So...who should I go for?"

 

-v-v-v-

March 30, 2264
Seungri’s property
8:03 PM
 


They had decided Daesung would be their target-out of the Big Bang members, he appeared the most soft hearted, then Taeyang. TOP just didn't seem to care, and Seungri hardly did things for other benefit, only looking out for himself or his fellow BB Hunters.

They didn't have to wait long for the man; he appeared around 8 in the evening, still wearing the dark blue business suit from whatever job he worked for. The only thing out of place was the katana protruding from over his shoulder.

"Seungri?" He called out, sighing heavily as he massaged his back. "Seun-" He spotted the pair just around the corner, Myungsoo standing behind Francesca protectively. "Oh. Fran!" His expression brightened before it faded back to the same weathered look as before. "Sorry, I keep forgetting that you hate me now."

A flurry of looks crossed the girl's face before she settled for an unreadable one. "Sorry about that," He blinked, confused. Twisting a lock of hair around her finger, the girl edged closer, appearing almost sheepish. "I-I was angry at D-da-I mean, GDragon, and I took it out on all of you. I'm sorry." Within arms reach of the older man, she blinked up at him with her large dark eyes. Myungsoo wrinkled his nose at the display and nearly had to leave. Forcing himself to stay was more difficult then expected.

Fran had explained to him that she knew all the Big Bang members by different names, from her childhood and growing up. She hadn't seen TOP or Seungri often, and she mostly recognised Daesung and Taeyang. Whereas the gun slinger out of the pair mostly came over to only talk to Jiyong, the younger blonde would hang around with the girl, becoming one of her friends. They weren't close, but she knew him better then any other member by far.

Daesung's expression grew gentle and he smiled serenely at her, tucking the strand of hair she fiddled with behind her ear. "It's fine, don't worry about it. I probably would have done the same."

'Good God, he really does likes her!' Myungsoo growled inside, his eyebrows shooting up. The way the man acted around the girl clearly shouted 'CRUSH'. He was guessing he was about 10 years older then the girl, maybe 15. It'd explain why he didn't say anything to the underage girl about the one sided affection. It was like something out of a bad student-teacher shoujo.

The girl blushed prettily, breaking eye contact with the man. "So, um, you were looking for Seungri?"

Blinking, Daesung appeared in a daze. "Um, ye-yeah, sorry. Seungri-um, is he home? Can I talk to him?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll go get him," She spun around and bounced away, the picture of adorableness. As she rounded the corner, too far away for Daesung to hear them, Myungsoo pulled her closer, his expression smug.

"So, when are you going to start calling him 'oppa'?" He whispered, snickering as Fran smacked his chest.

"God, never," She frowned, trying to ignore how close the Infinite was to her. She wasn't going to lie-she knew an attractive man when she saw one, and though all the Infinites had their charm, this guy was a league above them. She didn't like him, no, she just found him...intruging. "I mean, I feel kinda mean for exploiting his fondness for me-"

"Fondness is an understatement," Myungsoo muttered, rolling his eyes.

Ignoring the interruption, she went on, "-but what can you do? We need to know so we can get out of here." She pulled away from him, heading further down the hall. "I have to go get Seungri. Do something useful, will you?"

Mimicking her like a child, L turned away, heading for the kitchen to find something to eat. Maybe he could get some popcorn to munch on as he watched Fransesca's performance with Daesung. It was certainly entertaining enough-if by entertainment he almost meant he enjoyed having a drill slowly burrowing into his skull.


-v-v-v-


March 31, 2264
Seungri’s property
12:10 PM


Daesung ended up staying later then he usually did. It wasn't that surprising though, with Fran attached to him every moment he was seperated from Seungri. Whenever he appeared to be thinking about leaving, the girl would just bat her eyelashes and ask something cute, and the man would be right back to square 1. By midnight, she had him twisted around her little finger.

The moment she swept into the kitchen for a glass of water, Myungsoo was within inches of her, his voice low so Daesung couldn't hear him in the next room.

"You have to ask him now. Before he leaves tonight. He might catch on to what we're doing if we give him too much time to think."

Biting her lip as she gave it thought, she crossed her arms over her chest and balanced on her heels. It might be pressing the issue too much, but it made sense. God, being this close to Myungsoo wasn't helping her either.

"Alright, I can do it. I can do this!" She tried to pump herself up, yet the idea of seducing her childhood and much older friend wasn't too appealing. "Damnit, why can't I just go back to my daggers," she grumbled, turning away from Myungsoo to trot back into the living room.

-v-v-v-

March 31, 2264
Seungri’s property
12:55 PM


"Daesung..."

"Hmmm?" He blinked sleepily as he stared at the black and white movie playing in 3D format in front of them. Seungri liked to keep up to date on the latest gadgets.

She traced doodles into his chest with her finger, pouting. "Theres something I don't understand..."

"About what, Fran?" His eyes remained locked on screen. So far, so good.

"I-it's about the S4S16 fight," She flinched as she used the 'scientific' classification for the mutants.

The Hunter's head swung around, his eyes guarded, his expression carefully wiped blank. "Oh? What about it?"

"W-well, you see...w-when I was with the S4S16s..." He was locking down, she could tell. She had to pull something quick, or she'd loose him. An idea flitted across her mind, and with extreme desperation bacing her, she decided to use it. "When I was with them...well, it was horrid."

She couldn't actually see or hear Myungsoo in the kitchen, but she had a feeling he was listening in. "They were convinced I had some sort of Power-ability thing. Some-some of them would hit me, and torture me with their mutations a-and," Time to use the waterworks. Tears sprung to her eyes with just a thought. "It was bad-it hurt so badly," She curled up into a ball, not daring to look at the man's expression to see if he believed her or not. When his hand slowly began to rub her back, she fought the urge to grin-it was working!

"I-i don't get it-the-they were so dan-dangerous." She looked up now, hitting Daesung with the full force of her weepy puppy eyes. 'Work, damn you, work!' "You all could have been hurt so badly...why would you risk that for me?"

He looked so caring she almost gave up the act then. It felt like she was kicking a puppy-he was going to be so angry when he found out she was faking everything...

Taking a deep breath, Daesung rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "Well, you see...it's kinda...it's kinda complicated..."

No! No! Don't loose him! "I-it's fine, you don-don't have to tell me if-if it's difficult." Reverse psychology, don't fail Fran now! She teared up a little more for effect.

He finally caved, falling back against the couch, running a hand through his dark brown locks. The Indian girl nearly jumped up cheering.

 "Fran, what I'm about to tell you, never tell any-specially not the Infinite boy, Myungsoo, or whatever."

She nodded, trying to look unsure and confused. There was no way in hell she was going to keep that promise, that was for sure.

"Francesca...the truth is..." He looked at her, hesitantly.

"Yes?" She nearly forgot to look pathetic, her actual curiosty taking ahold of her.

"You-you're an S4S16."

"W-what?" Now it was actual confusion spreading across her face. S4S16? Her? An Infinite? No way. She refused to believe it. She never showed any Powers, so what was he talking about?

He looked away as he went on, "You're an S4S16. You have been for a very long time."

"W-when?" Daesung looked at her, waiting for her to elaborate. "When did you f-find out?"

He stared at the wall across from them blankly. "A while ago.


You know were Jiyong found you, right?"

"Yeah, some where in China, I remember. He was a travelling proffessor." Her confidence grew as she thought back to that dark night.

She had been stealing wallets from tourists as they marched through her town, and she had never been caught before. Until Jiyong appeared. She could still recall how fast it had happened-her hand was just leaving her pocket, his wallet firmly in her grip, when he had spun around and grabbed her wrist, grinning cheerfully at her. She had expected angry or at least, frightened, but he just laughed and asked her for her name. She had refused and tried to slink away, only to have him follow her around, shooting questions like bullets at her. Eventually she gave in, which led to him finding out about her homeless and friendless existance in the little China town.

"Right...but do you remember what you where you live before that?"

"What are you talking about?" She drew away, looking at him like he was crazy. "I always lived in the Chinese town."

"Did you really?" His voice was so soft and quiet in the deadly silence of the room.

Francesca frowned, furrowing her brow. She racked her brains for a memory from her town to throw at him-she could feel them in the back of her mind-she knew she had a childhood.

Suddenly, a sharp shooting pain laced across her head. Gasping, she doubled over, clutching her skull.

Children's laughter echoed in her head, before being cut off by a black, empty void like a fly on a windshield.

Another stabbing throb.

The feeling of her feet on rough stone and wind swept heather and grass, a cool breeze brushing her skin, causing goosebumps to rise. Once again, cut off before she could fully grasp it.

"Fran? Cessie? Are you okay?" Daesung's voice was so far away.

One last, jagged and vivid jolt took a hold of her. She gasped out air, too pained to scream. She began to dry heave as the feeling of her head being split open became too much for her.

A little girl, the one she some how knew had been the one laughing early, had been the one running with her, was before her. Long, tangled black hair reaching past her hips, the color of the night sky. Large brown eyes glistened fearfully at Francesca. opened to wail out, "Help!" in a language that she felt was both foreign and familiar, she both understood and yet didn't. The girl's arms were pulled back, tied securily to two large wooden posts. Fran's mind couldn't seem to process what was happening. It wasn't until the first rock whistled by her ear that she could actually comprehend what was going on. Suddenly the air was humming with them, flying from behind her and beside her from the faceless crowd surrounding her.

Trying to move forward, Francesca realised with horror that her feet were firmly planted on the ground, and that she couldn't look away. It only took a few moments for the girl's cries to be silenced. 

As if in slow motion, she was turning, her small childish hands lifting up to push past the seamless bodies of the mob. Her feet were flying and she kept running, even as her lungs became cramped and her heart felt as if it was going to give out-she ran on. The village disappeared behind her, and she was surrounded by thick heather. And yet still, she ran on.


Her mind felt trampled on, invaded, worn out. Even as the memory faded and she slowly sat up, she could feel more rushing back into her head. More and more of the girl, and more of the village as well. It took her a moment, but she recognised the language.

"I-I'm from Russia. I-i came from a village within Russia." She whispered, her eyes downcast.

Daesung began to rub her back. "Yes...yes you did."

Her head shot up, angry tears leaving stains on her cheeks. "How?! How did you know?! How did I not know?! Whats going on?! What does my childhood have to do with freakin' Russia!?" She yelled, the act long forgotten. 

He twitched, as if she had hit him physically, clenching his teeth. A moment later, after he had collected him thoughts, he replied, his voice low. "We found out because Jiyong wanted to find your family. When he had brought you back, he insisted on searching for anyone related by blood-not to return you," He hastily added at the hurt expression on Francesca's face. "He wanted to let them know you were okay, that you were alive. Except, there was no one of your ethnicity within the town-no one shared traits similiar to yours, no one had the same name-no one had reported a missing child that looked like you. He searched for years.

By accident, he came across your village-"

"Was this before he became G Dragon?" She hissed. If another of her memories was just twisted into lies, she didn't know what she'd do. But it wouldn't be pretty.

Looking taken back, Daesung leaned forward, "How did you know about that?"

Crap, she wasn't suppose to know about GDragon's past. She needed some hardcore BS. "It isn't hard to tell," she replied angerily. "He's different from before, now he's more cold and hard. Whats to say he wasn't like that before?"

"No, he wasn't. He found you before the incident." Some tension left her shoulders, but not a lot.

Francesca took a shaky breath, twisting her hands into knots as she chewed at her lip. "Well, then how did I not remember any of this?"

Once again, he hesitanted. But not for long. "Yo-your S4S16 Power. I-it, well you have the Power of Suppression.

"To elaborate: You can wipe people's memories of certain events. Remember your Russian childhood? Yeah, the memory that probably got you probably had to do with the death of someone you loved. A lot of people were killed in that village-it's history is very bloody."

The girl...the girl was her best friend. She remembered always being together with her, even when her father had been killed and her mother was forced to spend time with different, strange men in their hut at night. The girl would always comfort her and hold her when she felt overwhelmed. She was her friend. It hadn't taken long for Francesca to also remember that the girl was an Infinite as well. She had the strange ability to see in the dark, with enhanced hearing. They would play hide and go seek, and Fran would always lose.

But then the villagers found out.

She remember more. It was like a door was opening, allowing a cascade of memories to pour into her mind freely.

More about how her father was also an Infinite. He had been killed brutally in front of the masses. When she had found out her ability, after making a dog forget it was a canine and several other instances, she had told the girl. She had been welcomed warmly and with acceptance. However, when the village had found out about the girl, they weren't nearly so forgiving. They had tied her up and stoned her to death.

"You Power can also activate upon itself. When you faced extreme danger, probably from the village, your mind didn't know what to do, so your Power was reflected upon yourself. All your troubles, all your worries, all your fears: simply wiped away. In place there was a feeling of acceptance-you didn't even know anything was missing, and you didn't care enough to think about your past to notice."  

How could she have missed it?

"You're right, G Dragon was created. Jiyong found you on one of his breaks from Hunting. Going about and studying different cultures was his hobby-he liked to reminise about the old days, when he was still trying to be a proffessor. He brought you back and raised you the best he could, while still leaving occasionally to work for the AHA."

She remembered that-he would go missing for a weekend or a few weekdays every once in awhile. He would always laugh, almost sadly, and tell her he was off to explore the world and that one day he might bring her with him. How did she not notice?

"But one day, not too long after one of our older members...vanished...Jiyong disappeared as well. We panicked and tore AHA apart. We had already lost one friend and we couldn't stand to lose another. Especially since he had a little girl waiting for him at home." He smiled fondly at her, before it faded slowly.

"BoA returned him, claiming SJ, another Hunter group, had found him off the coast of the old North Korea border." Fran shuddered. She didn't grow up in Korea, but she read enough books and knew enough history. The country once known as North Korea had been nearly completely wiped out, due to starvation and an civil war, between the freedom rebels and the royal family, that no one knew about until bodies started appearing along the Southern border. The South took control, but it hadn't been easy, as the feud between the two countries ran deep and strong.


"Something was different about Jiyong. He was like a new person. He didn't remember anything, and he only responded to G Dragon. He was hostile and easily aggravated, and found sick pleasure in slaughtering the S4S16s.We didn't know what to do. We hadn't yet connected the dots between your past and your Power. All we knew was that you were an S4S16 and if G Dragon found out, he'd kill you, and enjoy it."

 He ran a hand through his hair. "Unfortunately, thats just what he did. He found out." Daesung rubbed his eyes tiredly, clearly not too fond of the memories he was dregging up.

"Do you remember the summer of 2259?"

That same warm, fuzzy feeling muffled the back of her mind as she tried to recall the year.

"Oh no..." She lay her head in her hands and sighed.

"If you want to know, it's go-"

"Just-....just help me remember. I do want to know."

The pain was not as nearly as bad as before, though the memories were far from being any better.

Through the flashes and stinging jabs, the summer returned.


Jiyong had returned home-he had been gone for a month, on a particularily long business trip. Fran had run up to hug him, and as he lifted her up in his arms, she had thought everything was fine. But the sharp pain on her arm said otherwise, and she had broken away from him with a yelp, scrambling across the foyer. In his hand was a rectangular device with two glass panels, with a bit of blood smudged across the first screen. The bottom one hummed before a clicking noise was heard.

She felt horror twist her stomach as Jiyong made a tsking noise. 'See,' he turned it towards her. 'You're just an S4S16. Disgusting. What was Jiyong thinking? Picking up filth off the street like this...' Panic had taken control of her then, and she had bolted, running up the stairs, as the man who looked like her father calmly tucked the device into his jacket pocket and followed her, black glock in hand. She had tried to lock herself on the second floor, but as she continued to dash down the hallway, the splintering noise behind her alerted her of his actions. She then tried to hide in her room, weeping sofly as the stranger hummed childrens tunes as he searched for her.

It didn't take him too long to reach her room. As he shot furiously at the door, she scrabbled for the stairs leading to the attic, the sweat collecting in her palms making it difficult to grasp the stairwell bar. She was halfway up them when the man had broken the door completely, laughing to himself as he wiped the shavings of wood off his weapon. The sound of the front door banging open and Taeyang's and Daesung's voices, as well as others, could be heard yelling, calling for both her and a 'G-Dragon.'

She reached the attic floor as he appeared at the bottom of the stairs. Tripping over her feet, her heart pounding like a drum in her ears, Fran tried to run for the window at the end of the room. She ended up falling as another shot rang out, nicking her shin enough that blood began to leak through the material.

'Francesca, why do you run from daddy? Hmmm?' The man, GDragon, laughed happily, moving closer still.

She screamed, trying to pull away, grabbing around her for a weapon of some kind. The sounds of pounding footsteps moved closer as the others ran through the house trying to reach them in time.

'Fraaaanceeeescaaa...' He sang, until suddenly he was reaching for her neck. Only, he never touched her.

She closed her eyes, curled into a ball and shrieked again. This time, her Power activated unconsciously, thumping once in her chest, twice, before rippling away from her in barely visible waves. They swept over G Dragon, before disappearing completely. The man had fallen to his knees, arms at his sides, his expression blank.

The rest of men arrived during the aftermath, looking around in confusion until Taeyang took control of the situation and began to shout out orders. Fran's eyes blinked sleepily, before she collapsed on the ground, her Power exhausting her completely.


 

"Your Power doesn't seem to wipe everything away for you though," Daesung went on. "With your first memory wipe, you were left with a fascination for languages. You learned English, mandarin, Hindi, Korean, French and Japanese. But you never truly discovered Russian again. You probably never will. With the memory wipe involving G-Dragon, you suddenly developed an obsession with daggers. It wasn't a gun, no-you hated them. You used the next weapon, one that you could throw and use, so it became almost like a firearm, except for without the noise and smell of gun powder." He leaned on his knees, not looking back at the younger girl.  
 
"The problem with your subduing Power is that it weakens over time, and only remains in tact if you're near. The minute you are gone for too long, the mental barrier between G Dragon and Jiyong weakens. That's why we need you." Now he turned to look at her, his expression far too honest for Fran to call out bull on. It all sounded too familiar anyways-she knew he wasn't lying to her. "You've used your Power successfully against G Dragon once before. Now we need you to do it again."

 

 

A_A_A_A_A


Hoooooly crap. I FINISHED! Whoo!

I'm so excited-I was brain storming for an idea of a future chapter, except I didn't know how to connect it to the current one. So by writing down all the details and general ideas, I've basically plotted out the next, hmmm...well if this one was just 1 chapter...I'd say 4? Maybe 5? Maybe less? I do not knoooow~ And then! There's the chapter I'm so excited for! And then! The big finale! Yes, ladies and gents, I actually plan/know-how to end this story. BHS will be drawing to a close by the end of this year. Thanks for all the amazing comments and thoughtful subscribers! Really, I definitely wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys. Just sayin'~

Now, don't panic, BHS Lovers-there are probably...hmmmm....10? Or so? Chapters left before the story is complete-and you all know how long I take -_-" But I promise, I'll do my best to complete this story!

~v~Comment Replies~v~  


CrystalRainbow: Maybe I'm sadistic XD I'm excited for my plans with Sunggyu, muhahaha Like super-uper-duper excited~
Not going to lie...there probably isn't going to be much of those 4 for another few chapters -3- Sorry to all the Sunggyu/Woohyun/Jinri/Sungyeol fans-Imma gonna miss dat choding....

*Splashes water in your face, it just makes it worse*

Muhahahahaha You'll just have to wait to find out <3 XD *wiggles around excitedly*

Awww Fran, one day you'll make me cry with your comments T_T You're so niiiiice *sobs* Thank you for reading and commenting-it's more then I'd ever ask for <3 I LOVE YOU MY LITTLE CESSIE BURRITO

Thanks~ hehe



Ice_girl: Oooh, is something wrong? If so, I hope you feel/get better soon!
Thanks~Really, thank you for staying with the story despite my laziness. You and Fran and the others are going to make me tear up...
I hope you enjoy this chapter!


~v~Comment Replies Finished!~v~


Just a warning to all, these next few chapters will become much more focused on the individual groups, rather then a nunch of different cuts from the different groups thrown together. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you to all the commentors, subscribers, and readers/viewers! You are all wonderful people and inspire me greatly!


WhosThere13

P.S. Fun Fact: I pronouce 'crayon' like 'cran' and penguin like 'pang-win' (so without the 'g' sound). I've been told the crayon thing was because I grew up in Pennsylvania, USA, and its just a particular accent from that area. The penguin thing is just me being an idiot. So yeah. The more you know~

P.S.S. Sorry for any errors or spelling mistakes within this chapter.I got home from University at 7:00ish (PM) and have been writing for the past few hours-it's now 11:20 PM, and I really wanted to put this up before I went to bed. Thank you for your patience!

P.S.S.S. I feel like I've named one of my chapters 'Puzzle Pieces' before...so I just reworded it hehe I think I'm just being paranoid-I think its another story I have thats names Puzzle Pieces. Oh well. :I