The Lions Den

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

 

March 28, 2264
Asian Hunters Association
South Korea
1:30 PM

 

The facility was just as they had imaged it would look like. It was the size of a large office tower, with a simple white and gray colour scheme. A massive 18 foot tall fence shielded the interior grounds of the compound from the rest of the world, beginning on one side of the headquarters, extending into the distance, before looping around and connecting on the other side of the main building. Various sections of the building crisscrossed over the grounds, walkways included, were tiny dots of people could be seen walking.

 Taking a deep breath at the front door, Soohyun appeared to be bracing himself for what would come next. He glanced over his shoulder at the 4 foreign Infinites standing in the middle of a wide circle created by his own teammates. Swallowing, he supressed a shiver and pulled the front doors to the Asian Hunters Association Headquarters open.  

-v-v-v-

Sungyeol tried to control his breathing as he followed the Hunters further into their stronghold. Fighting his instinct to teleport elsewhere, he walked a bit faster, trying to stick closer to the confident Sunggyu.

“So…um, how long have you guys been in the, erm… hunting…business?” He stuttered nervously, trying to break the solemn atmosphere.

Dongho hesitated before answering with, “A while.”

“Catch anyone interesting?” He fought the urge to face palm-what kind of question was that for an Infinite to give to an Infinite Hunter?!

This time AJ answered. “Well, this one time we caught one that could burp hallucinating smoke. That was weird.”

They reverted back to the awkward silence as they walked past the dark brown doors, until they reached an elevator. Loading everyone in, Soohyun selected the 11th floor. As the door closed with a ding, Sungyeol fought the rising panic again, sharing a look with Woohyun, whose fear was causing his eyes to gain a sickening yellowish sheen.

How long could they survive here?

-v-v-v-


Sunggyu kept his head held high as they entered the 11th floor. The area was much more open, square shaped with the offices pushed back, 2 doors to each wall. A beautiful spiral staircase lead upwards at the centre of the room, to a level that was non exessible for them to reach by the lift. The elevator had brought them up to the corner of the room, so when they entered at least half the room had a clear view of them as they walked out of the steel doors. Tables, various chairs, book cases, and a few vending machines were arranged the floor, looking more like a massive break room for some sort of office then then an area for a bunch of killers to hang out in. And hanging out they were.

About 25 to 30 people were sitting or standing around the tables, everyone talking, reading or working. That was just before someone noticed them making their way over. A sudden quiet settled over them, the former ordinary people changing into deadly killers watching with predatory eyes. Sunggyu could just make out the almost silent whispers rising from their audience.

“…so those are them…”

“-Tablo’s-“

“-ugh, more of those things, I se-“

“Hyung!” A young teenage boy with large eyes and lips appeared in front of Soohyun. “How many did you bring in today?” He peered over the man’s shoulder as they continued to move. “Four, huh? Woah, that’s pretty good-“ He stopped walking for a moment, causing Kiseop to nearly collide with him. “Wait…Hyung…are these Tablo’s S4S16s?!” He turned to look at Soohyun’s back, surprise and shock written all over his face.

It changed a moment later though, replaced with awe and excitement. “You’re looking for Commander BoA then, right?! She’s in the #2 office, though it’s weird, since no one’s there, but you know-“

“Neil.”

The boy stopped talking, looking after the older boy expectantly. “Yes, hyung?”

“Don’t you have practice now? Where are your teammates? Go find them.”

Pouting slightly, the boy nodded sullenly and trotted away, muttering something about ‘bossy hyungs’ and ‘stupid shedules’.

Sunggyu could see the door closest to them as they headed for the spiral staircase, with large numbers and names adorning the sides of each door.

#10 Block B
Leader: Zico
Kyung
U-Kwon
Taeil
Jaehyo
B-Bomb
PO


With growing horror and anticipation, Sunggyu swallowed as he realised each of the offices belong to one of the Hunter groups. He could make out the #9 on the next door and the beginning letter was a B before the sounds around him pulled his thoughts away.He gritted his teeth as the whispers seemed to grow more hostile. As they headed up the stairs he could make out the snarls on their faces before they went around the bend.

The 12th floor was much more simple, with only 2 offices, one taking up 3/4's of the floor, and the other the rest. A thick golden #1 was hanging from the larger office, while a slightly thinner #2 hung upon the small room. Massive windows allowed them to see into the two rooms, showing #1 as completely empty, though a bit of a mess, while only one person stood in #2.


 Even for the Time Infinite, everything seemed to lag, as they ever-so-slowly approached the door.

At first glance the office just looked like a large paper pusher’s room. Five dark stained desks lined the walls with stiff wooden chairs pushed in politely; neat stacks of paper placed upon each of the hard wood surfaces. Various filing cabinets were shuffled off to the side of each of the desks, neatly closed. On the far end of the room, a large window overlooked the AHA’s grounds, where tiny dots of people could just be made out moving around. Despite the impressive proffesional and strict atmosphere, Sunggyu refused to let his eyes linger too long on their surroundings, staring hard at the female in front of them.

Her face was delicate, with small pixie like features. Long hair was tied back in a high, neat bun, though some wisps of hair had escaped, falling around her face in an elegant manner.  A black suit jacket, white scoop-neck silk shirt, simple jewelry and black dress pants adorned her form. Even from across the room, he could tell that he would tower over her if they were standing next to each other. If he hadn’t known her to be the Commander of Asia’s largest Infinite Hunting Organization, he would have thought she was a fashion designer.

At the sound of their footsteps, BoA turned away from the window, studying them from a distance as they moved closer. Her eyes and expression was unreadable, though she clasped her hands behind her back, obviously relaxed.

“So these are Tablo’s spawn.” Her voice was quiet, musical even, though her words were poisonous. “I thought there were more of them.”

Soohyun swallowed and shook his head. “No, they got away. But we did manage to injury a few of them.”

Continuing to stare at BoA, Sunggyu made sure to gently nudge Sungyeol, who almost gave away the generous lie with his gobsmack expression.

Sighing, she nodded. “Yes, I can imagine you being incompetent enough to let the remaining S4S16s get away.” Suddenly she strode forward, stopping just in front of Jinri.

“And who do we have here? I was led to believe Tablo only had male S4S16s.” She looked up sharply at the nearest UK member. “Kevin, who is she?”

“Yoon Jinri-she assisted in breaking into the Science Institute in Incheon.”

BoA went back to looking over Jinri’s face, even going as far as to grab her chin and turn it left and right to get a better view. "She looks like a weakling. Do we know her mutation?"

Kevin nodded, looking straight ahead like a soldier. "Ice manipulation. The tapes from the Institute back it up. We believe she's a new S4S16."

Releasing the girl's face non-too-gently, the woman raked her eyes up and down the other girl's body. "So she IS  weakling. A new mutant. Not surprised." She moved onto Sungyeol, who stiffened his back under her gaze.

Pursing her lips, she frowned. "This one is a trouble maker, I can tell." Her voice dripped with disgust, causing Sungyeol to shiver frightfully. "What's his name and ability?"

Kevin shook his head. "Lee Sungyeol. We can't say for certain, but it's probably teleportation."

"Huh. Boring." She shoved him aside to reach Woohyun. The Infinite refused to let his fear show, glaring down at the woman. "Oh, he has a backbone. Interesting. Him?"

"Nam Woohyun. Shapeshifter."

An unreadable look crossed over her face. "Sounds familiar. Is he one of ours?"

The shifter blinked, confused, looking between the two. None of the UK members made eye contact. A muscle began to twitch on Sunggyu's jaw as he clenched his teeth. He knew what she spoke of. And he knew the answer.

"Yes. He's from the Institute of Science Study-the Japan Branch. He escaped years ago. He must have crossed over some how. He probably doesn't remember, as most escapees from the Institutes have amnesia-its a thing they install in all of their subjects-keeps the experiments hidden from the public."

BoA smirked, cruelty flinting across her beautiful features. "Well then. Finders keepers. Soohyun, dear?"

The man raised his head and looked at her.

"That backbone I spoke up. Be sure to break it. I want the lab boys making him beg for mercy and snivelling at my feet the next time I see this thing." Her eyes lit up with horrible delight before she looked away, just missing the sheen of yellow that flickered over Woohyun's eyes as his lesser emotions got ahold of him.

"Lastly," She stood infront of Sunggyu, delicate nose at the level of his collarbone. Using his anger and resentment to push away any emotions she could use against him, he stared her down, locking eyes with her empty ones. 

"Kim Sunggyu. He-he's the leader of the group." He could make out Kevin staring openingly at him from the corner of his eye. The Hunter started to shake his head, clearly trying to warn the Infinite to backdown. He ignored it. "We don't know what his ability is as we haven't seen him use it before. The scientists didn't have enough time to figure it out either, but there...there were rumors he was Tablo's Time Infinite." Dongho and Kiseop exchanged awe-filled looks; clearly Sunggyu's Power had become well known among the Hunters.

Grabbing his shirt and pulling him down to eye level, BoA mumbled her thoughts quietly to herself as Sunggyu continued to remain silent. Releasing him moments later, the commander smiled again.

"Well then. I know just what to do with him." Walking back over to the window to stare out at the grounds again, she pulled a small rectangular box to . Pushing a button, she began to speak, "Hmmm Siwon, can you get Leeteuk and...Zhoumi. He needs the experience. Yes, you three report to the #2 Office, now."

She slipped the device back into her pocket without waiting for a reply, not pulling her eyes from the grounds. Silence filled the room, and no one moved, except Sungyeol and Jinri, who all sent worried looks Sunggyu's way. Woohyun was busy staring at the ground, trying to process what Kevin had said.

The sound of footsteps had everyone turning their heads towards the door. And had Sunggyu dropping his jaw in surprise.

"Zhoumi?!"

Three men walked through the door, one with strong features and dark hair, the next with chesnut hair and handsome looks and the last appeared foreign, with a sharp nose, tilted eyes and dark red locks.

BoA laughed as Sunggyu tried to move forward, only to be restrained by AJ.

"Zhoumi?! Is that you?! Branch member of the Chinese Resistance?!" He fought to get closer to the man who had only seen in pictures that Tablo had made him memorise years ago. The said man didn't flinch or make any sign of recognising what Sunggyu was yelling, only staring blankly at him.

"It's no use," BoA said, as she finished giggling, wiping tears of sick joy from her eyes. Sunggyu stopped moving and slowly turned to face her, his eyes wide, his jaw locked.

She shrugged, smirk spread across her face, "It's no use," She repeated, shrugging. "We brainwashed him into becoming a Hunter. Wiped him of his Powers. Can't have him using his Mind Powers against, now could we?" The Infinites were looking at her with horror written on their faces, the UK members looking away with shame. "Oh no. So we took out his Powers-ALL of them." Pure happiness and bliss settled onto her face sickeningly. "He had three, you know. Quite strong, all of them. Makes sense, since he was a Resistance leader. Telekinesis, telepathy, and mind control. Stripped them alllll away. Gave him to our #1 Hunter group to train him among the best."

Her eyes focused on Sunggyu as he practically snarled at her, "Thats sick and twisted. You're disgusting-he's a living man!" He yelled, pulling against AJ, forcing Eli to aid his friend in restraining him. "He's not a toy!"

Waving her hand through the air, BoA sniffed, "But of course not! He was far worse." Her tone dropped, her eyes growing glacier cold. "He was a thing, a creature, not a man, or a toy. We save him, we brought him back to humanity's doorstep." She looked away, smiling proudly at Zhoumi. "Of course, there isn't much he can do now-he can't live a normal life-the horrible conditioning of being a S4S16 was too much-we had to bleach it allll away. And we don't have time to train a man to be a normal human-that takes years! No, no, it'd was best for him to instead train with us as a soldier. To fight and protect the very thing he has become-human." She moved forward gracefully, patting the former-Infinite's shoulder. "Now he lives with us, redeeming himself everyday, bringing in the very S4S16s he was around in his older, darker days."

Woohyun growled deep in his throat while Sungyeol continued to look at the commander with a horrified expression.

She went on, as if they weren't there. "Which is what we plan to do to you!" BoA pointed at Sunggyu. The Infinites lost their expressions, looking at her dumbfoundedly. Turning away from them, she gestured at the two men beside Zhoumi.

"Leeteuk, I want you to bring him down to the Restricted Section for the crazy scientists we have down there. Only leaders of the top 2 Hunter teams can get into that area, so as leader of the #1 Hunter team, you have access. You know where it is." She turned to the taller man. "Siwon, restrain this S4S16 on the way down. Zhoumi will help you if necessary, but it shouldn't be too hard. He's scrawny compared to you," She laughed, a tinkling noise, before turning away, walking back to the window.

"Soohyun, give the lab boys the other 3 S4S16s. They can play with them until they're ragged and useless-then drain them of their Powers. Don't want those going to waste." She paused, and glanced over her shoulder. "Oh, and make sure to tell them to bring the shapeshifter to me before they kill him off. Seeing a truly defeated and utterly morally destroyed S4S16 always cheers me up. I may even forgive you for letting the others get away." She turned away, her back to them. "You are all dismissed."

Woohyun tried to make a desperate grab for Sunggyu, only to be held back by Eli as Siwon grabbed the Infinite leader and started dragging him for the stairs.

"No!" Jinri lurched forward but was stopped by Dongho, AJ moving to do the same for Sungyeol in case the boy tried to  make a go for his friend as well.

Sunggyu set one last look their way, before he was lead off by the 3 Hunters.    

 
A_A_A_A_A
 


Starting an Arts University in the fall. Oh and a new story with my friends. If neither of those things give me a constant stream of inspiration for this story, God knows what will. I may have to take on a co-writer~

I unfortunately probably won't start replying to comments until I get the whole updating thing on a steady track. Sorry about that >> But I do read every single one and I thank you all! They really do help, believe it or not haha

Inspiration to finish this chapter came from Infinite's Chaser and ZE:A's Phoenix :3

 

Thanks to all the readers, commentors and subscribers-you guys are the only reason I haven't completely ditched this story, despite what it looks like haha

I LOVE YOU ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL READERS/COMMENTORS/SUBSCRIBERS


WhosThere13

P.S. I was thinking about rewriting the beginning of the story-it'll all have the same information, but I'll just switch somethings around so it makes more sense, is less confusing, and the writing style is higher quality. Should I? (I have no idea when I'll do it, just been thinkin' about it)