Chapter 2: Only Friends

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: ONLY FRIENDS

 

Krystal wondered about the bitter past while sitting alone in her classroom. It was lunch break but she just lost her appetite from thinking too much about Kai. She tried to remember the sweet as well but nothing came up in mind. She had suffered so much that she really couldn’t feel anything for now.

There were so much boys aiming for her; for her beauty, kindness, caring, yet she didn’t give even a second of thought about them. She would just kindly reject them indirectly by ignoring their attempts to text her, to give her secret letters, and some of them even dared to ask her directly for a date. It’s like her heart is all locked up for this Jongin guy and she wasn’t yet ready to let another one in though there was a chance of them to heal her broken and rotten heart.

“I never know a sentence could kill people’s life this much,” Kris showed up suddenly with Onigiri and mineral water bottle in his hands. He noticed Krystal hadn’t eaten anything the whole day and also didn’t who up in EXO’s lunch desk. She just lost in her sight all day; he was sure that she had been dozing off the past hours. Therefore he decided to bring her Onigiri - one of her favorite with Tuna stuffs. He knew she must be losing her appetite for now but at least she has to munch a little to fill up her empty flat stomach.

“Eat this. Feed your boney body. Those bones… Aish, it’s getting annoying to see that. What are you now, a drug user?” Kris handed the onigiri and a bottle of water as he sat on Krystal’s desk; haphazardly landed his legs on her chair, making the girl had an eye contact with his opened legs if she looked straight but they are already used with that kind of position - regarding how close they are to each other.

“You can’t ask for a better boy friend, can you?” Kris pushed her shoulder playfully and decided to open the Onigiri wrap for her since all she did was just looking up to him with a straight face.

“Chen said something about Kai yesterday. Is that true? It haunts me. You know, I’ve never gotten over it but I just keep telling my self that I did. Hearing that… It really bothers me,” she blurted out while munching on her favorite food.

“Aish that kid really, spilling everything out everywhere. I think I need to set a filter or something in his mouth,” he muttered to himself.

Krystal knew there must be something they’re hiding, but she kept her face expressionless. She knew if she went bizarre right away, Kris would choose to hide it from her.

“Well, what if he does? How you would respond to it?” Kris asked her.

“I don’t want to look like a fool and actually believe it, or even think about the chance of it happening. You know I’ve had enough,” she put down her food and placed her head on his lap hopelessly.

“Stop being all sad and gloomy,” Kris held both of her shoulder and looked into her eyes. “This is just a prom thing. Get over it. Just with 12 of us and be happy. Stop avoiding Kai. Let’s just be cool to each other like you used to. You’ll be okay and we’ll make you happy. For now, friends before love. Okay?” he added before he jumped off the desk, kneeled on the floor beside her and pulled her into a warm hug.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter