Chapter 1: Prom Date

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 1: PROM DATE

 

Prom night is still four months away but everybody is already busy talking here and there about the prom date. Everybody but Jung Soo Jung, who’s known by the name Krystal at school.

It’s been nearly seven months since her heart wrenching broke up with her ex. She had suffered a lot the past seven months; she lost 13kgs in just barely three months from severe depression. She cried her self out every night to sleep, she screwed her grades, she couldn’t control her temper; it was just killing her to live like that everyday. But she’s getting better now, thanks to the abundant supports from her friends and also her busy schedule, she got to overcome it. She still got her heart all locked up for him but she’s done hoping anything from him, and that’s actually the main reason why she’s been avoiding everything about prom date and stuffs. She’s just not into lovey dovey things for now. She wanted to at least get her heart freed from whatever relevant with the name Kim Jongin first before starting her lovelife with another person.

“Soojung-ah!” Chen, who was coming from the other corner of the hallway, yelled from afar and ran toward her. Knowing well the familiar voice, she stopped to turn around. “Wae?” she asked.

Chen panted continuously while trying to find a gap on his breath. He finally got to say a word but he’s still panting hard; he’s bending down with his palms on his knees – propping his upper body. “Yah Soojung-ah, got anyone for prom night?”

“Well, not really interested on having a date… and not going to care about any of it to be precise. Why?” she asked again; being totally clueless.

“Then go with me!” Chen said it confidently with a cheek smile on his face and somehow his hard panting suddenly stopped.

Since she’s so close to this group who dominated the school named EXO and Chen is also one of them, it’s normal for them to insults and talk straight to each other because they’re practically that close – in fact, they've gotten more even closer since she used to date one of the members.

“Yah! There’s no way I’m going with you,” Krystal giggled and answered in a joking manner. All she expected from him was only a light slap or a playful wrestle from him but the words that slipped out of his mouth after was probably the start of her old nightmare without her realizing.

“I guess uri Soojungie already has a date, hasn’t she?” Chen while trying to hide his embarrassment for getting an on point rejection.

Krystal didn’t get what Chen meant and she just passed it. She knows this friend and the other two friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, just like to blabber non-sense things around to play with others feeling.

“Pabo,” Krystal hissed playfully and turned around to leave him. As she walked further toward the cafeteria, she startled when she heard Chen yelling about something that she hoped she would never hear because she’s just simply done with it. But looks like destiny just want to drag her all the way back; as if it’s telling her to not go anywhere and hang on for another second.

“Kai will ask you. Good luck and have fun having him back in your life!” with short simple sentence from Chen who's walking away to the other way of the hall, that’s how the convalesced heart of Jung Soo Jung once again quivered.

*Kim Jongin, what is it again this time?*

 

 

“Eonnie…” Krystal entered her sister’s room with gloominess all over her face. She grabbed a pillow before she lay down next to Jessica who’s having strawberry mask all over her face.

“What’s with that face? I thought you are getting fine?” Jessica asked her and put down the Harper’s Bazaar magazine on the nightstand. She fixed her position carefully to not let her mask crumbed and faced her gloomy little sister while holding Krystal's arms thoughtfully.

It didn’t take Jessica more words to found out about what happened. Krystal just simply told her everything and also roughly describing how her heart was turning into crumbles again when she heard his name. Her sister is always the best place for her to cry and to tell everything that’s been weighing her mind. They are a girl sibling but they got to manage a really close bond between them. And the fights between them would never be more than a bicker over who’s gonna get the chicken skin when they ordered fast food.

“Well, there’s a chance that Chen’s only playing prank on me since I rejected his offer… But you know, Chen and the other EXO members are my close friends and I told them everything already. They knew how much I don’t want to hear that name ever again. Despite of how brainless and insolent they are, they knew me better after you. There’s no way they would joke around about him when they know that I’m here trying to bring my self back f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter