Chapter 6: Third Party

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6: THIRD PARTY

 

Kai was sitting on the bench near the soccer field while watching his friends warming up. They had an upcoming competition in 2 weeks and they’re currently in an intense practice routine.

Kai wouldn’t participate in this competition. He hurt his ankle on the previous match. He’s already in recovery but the doctor said his legs hadn’t ready yet for another competition, therefore he’s taking a break.

“Too bad I can’t join them” he muttered as he watched Sehun chasing Tao around the field and ended up wrestling like a fool while laughing. The fun warm up time ended after around 20 minutes and he started to get bored.

“I’ll go grab some food and be back here in half an hour!” he yelled to his friends as he walked away but only Xiumin noticed. “Bring us something to eat! We’re going to practice longer today!” as the team captain, Xiumin decided to prolong the practice and followed by noisy protests by the others.

“You guys pay me later!” with that, he turned around and walked outside the soccer field.

Kai has this perfect feature in him that not even one girl could ever resist. Thick red plump lips, built body, a six-pack, slightly tanned skin, messy dark brown hair – he’s just perfect in so many ways. Every girl would kneel for his love, if I may say. No wonder why he fitted the word playboy so much. But after what happened on New Year’s night, something about him changed.

“What should I eat?” he asked him self as he walked along the street. This time, he chose to walk instead of driving his car so that he could chill around and of course, no need to find a rare empty parking spot. The street is nearby the school anyways – it only took him 5 minutes to walk.

Of course so many girls caught their eyes on him, but he seemed like he didn’t care any about it when usually would wink to those who attracted his eyes or would let out his deadly smirk that would cause a mass murder.

After he strolled around, his eyes spotted this place. Yes, this place. The place he had never been to for so long. He never dared to step his feet inside the place just because he knew his heart would never get to resist the fear of bumping into her there. Just by seeing her ignoring him was enough to make him lost a precious sleep at night. He had no guts to meet her in such a small place and it killed him to know that they wouldn’t be able to interact.

But he misses the place, he misses the owner, he misses the owner's daughter, he misses the atmosphere, he misses the food and the ice chocolate – it’s best ice chocolate out of all places he’d ever been to. He misses everything about that place, including everything that happened there. Therefore, he decided to go there.

He opened the door entrance, looking at this small café. There are only around 7 or 8 tables available. The store is small but it’s a really cozy place.

He was about to walk up to the ahjumma who’s back facing him when he spotted this person. She’s sitting on the sofa and her back was also facing him.

Without thinking twice, he knew whose back it is. It’s that brown wavy long hair he used to run his fingers on, it was that vanilla scented crook he used to sniff, it was that shoulder he used to place his chin on or lay his lead to; it’s the person he needs the most in his life.

He approached her quietly and saw the little girl he really missed sat on her lap. They were laughing together as the girl drew a total mess garden with out of shape flowers everywhere.

*Bad drawer. She never changes* he thought in his mind and smiled. He was standing on their back and watched the both of them in a peaceful silence. Both were too drowned in their world to even notice his presence there.

“Eonnie the bad drawer, eonnie the bad drawer~” the little girl said in a singsong tone.

“Eonnie, that’s so bad! It looks like meatballs! It’s not flowers!” she chuckled while pointing at the older woman’s draw meanwhile th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter