Chapter 25: A Person From The Past

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 25: A PERSON FROM THE PAST

 

Dongwook was on his way back to his home when he received a message on his phone. From the ring tone that only rang for her, he knew it’s her. He stopped on the roadside only to open her message. He’s afraid it would be the same thing he received at least twice a week. And just like his worst expectation, the message’s contained the same thing as before.

Chorong: I’m in the emergency. Nothing’s serious this time. My head just bleeds. I’ll tell you soon when I’m home. Take care Dongwook-ah. I love you

For Park Chorong, bleeding head is just like a wound for normal’s people. For Park Chorong, not fainting from the pressure is a rare thing for her. He tightened his grip on the stir and turned around the car to the opposite direction. He knew where she was. It’s always the same hospital that accepts her assurance. It’s also the closest hospital from her school. Of course he knew it precisely. She would go there at least twice in a week. He didn’t know what else he needed to do to protect his one and only girlfriend. He had done anything he could to protect her from those . He even set a trapped for those girls but too much people were protecting them. He never got to reach them. He succeeded on harming them once, but in return, he almost got killed instead.

He knew how the school’s hierarchy rules there but these girls really needed to have some sense on their head. Harming a person’s physically until she needs to go back and forth to the hospital for serious injuries is just too much. They could get arrest for what they’re doing. But what can they do? Money talks.

He arrived at the hospital. He parked the car near the emergency room and ran inside the emergency.

“Park Chorong,” he mentioned the person’s name in the administration desk. The nurse searched the name in the paper and mentioned the cubicle’s number she was at.

“Cubicle number 4.”

He ran to the room and search for the cubicle number. Once he found it, he immediately opened the curtain and he saw her on the bed with bandage wrapping her head. She looked weak, but she’s smiling though when her eyes were closed.

“I’m okay,” just with the sound of a curtain being loudly and hurriedly opened, she knew it’s him who came. She just didn’t expect he would come.

“What is it this time?” he walked toward her and squeezed her hand lightly. He was so worried at the time. He knew it must be because the same girls and trivial reason.

“I forgot to do their homework. And here’s what I got,” she said weakly while pointing her head with a desperate chuckle.

“You need to get out of that hell and accept my offer. My mom’s fine with it, my dad wouldn’t mind too,” he offered her once again for how many times he didn’t know, maybe thousand times already, but she always refuse. He offered to transfer her to another school with a better environment for her. He knew it’s hard for her to let go of her scholarship. But what scholarship means when she’s treated like an animal there?

“Hierarchy…” she opened her eyes slowly, still with a smile on her face. She always smiles. She always tries to make him feel better. She’s literally an angel.

“I’ve fought for it for two years. One year left and I will be graduated as a diploma from that school. I’m not only a high school graduate. It’ll be easy for me to get job with that title,” she closed her eyes again after she finished her words. She knew she’s holding the pain from her head, but her heart ached more than her head. She’s in a tensed pressure. She’s living a hard life.

“One year left Dongwook-ah. Just stand by my side,” she smiled at me and reached for my hands. She squeezed it gently and he felt so serene with only one touch.

One thing he didn’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter