Chapter 7: Remain Friends

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7: REMAIN FRIENDS

 

After the abundant dinner treated by Suho, EXO arrived at their share apartment with a happy tummy. Some of them immediately rushed to their rooms to bathe because they felt stink after a hard soccer practice earlier while some others were just lazing around probably feeling so full from eating triple portions of meat.

Instead of going to the bathroom or to his bedroom, Kai walked out to the balcony and sat on a swing chair. He took off his shirt and leaned on the swing – closing his eyes in peace.

"I never saw you that happy before. Then I guess it's a good thing?" Kyungsoo suddenly appeared and took a seat beside Kai.

"For me it's a good thing," he flashed a happy smile but it quickly turned bitter when something popped in his mind, “But she got over me…"

"You still love her?" Kyungsoo just couldn't be more to the point than this.

Kai startled by hearing his sharp question – not knowing what to answer. “I have hurt her a lot. It's a good thing that she's already got me out of her mind,” he said bitterly.

“I never know what love is, Kyungsoo-ah. I may have dated many types of girls, but no one is ever near her. I may have dated another three girls after our break up, but I always compared them to her. I may have gone crazy with my life, having fun all over places, but I never feel relieved or satisfied with my life. I did all the reckless things to try to be happy but I can’t be happy. I may have looked at her the same as the other girls I've dated, but I can’t deny that she’s different in so many ways. I may have thought that Hyeri is the one who finally got to replace her but deep inside… I couldn’t stop thinking about Krystal. I may always have been the rude stubborn one and stuffs, but I cried hard on last New Year ‘s Eve after I dreamt about her. It’s all flashing like a movie – I saw everything about her and me in my dream. It was so clear and it was practically the same," Kai blabbered.

"And after what happened on New Year, I lost my interest to the other girls. I looked only for her in school. I really want to talk to her everyday and night but I know I shouldn't and I couldn’t. She must have lived her life happily without me now. I can't ruin it. So I just decided to at least be friends with her so that I won't get too far from her. There's always something weighing in my chest when I see her, something I never know what it is. It's hurt right here," he said as he rubbed his chest. “What is this thing in here?" Kai asked innocently.

"I don't know what exactly placed underneath that chest skin. All I know is that it’s a lung over there but they said your heart's is also there,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

Kai sighed and brushed his hair back frustratedly. "Whatever. What should I do now?"

"It's all up to you. It's your heart. Who am I to decide?" Kyungsoo answered it simply. "Do what your heart says. If you really want her from the bottom of that heart… you go chase her back,” he pointed his finger on Kai's chest.

Kyungsoo told him so just because he simply knew that Krystal would always love him no matter what. There would always be a chance of her accepting him back. Kyungsoo was actually doubting whether to trust him or not, but something about Kai told him that he’s serious for now. He’s not the old Kai who likes to throw a hit or miss here and there. For now, he wouldn’t let this buddy got too close to Krystal unless he had seen more proofs from Kai. He wanted to make sure first that this time, Kai's not going to mess up for the third time.

"And for your information, hearing Kim Jongin saying those melancholic words out of the blue, I guess you're in love. I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter