Chapter 26: Revealed

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 26: REVEALED

 

Krystal woke up from her sleep and she felt better than last night. Her legs felt so heavy because he didn’t want to get up. She really wanted to skip school for the next two months and just graduate automatically. With a heavy heart, she sighed and got up from her bed. Before she walked to the bathroom, she went to check her phone first.

Kai: Krys, you must be sleeping now. How are you doing? Are you feeling better? See you tomorrow. I’ll meet you up at 7. Sleep tight Soojung-ah.

Krystal looked at the clock hanging on the wall and gasped in shock. He said to meet up at 7 and it’s already 6:28AM. Without thinking, she threw her phone to her bed and rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. She dried her hair with the strongest blow capacity, put on her uniform, shoved her books to the bag in a flash and rushed downstairs.

“Mom, I’ll have breakfast at school! Kkanta!” she kissed her mom’s cheek briefly before she ran to the door. She was thinking of taking a taxi to school instead of taking bus. She would arrive at school late and she would make him wait longer. But when she opened the door, she saw Jongin standing in front of the fence while leaning on his car.

She smiled in relieved. She thought he’ll avoid her because of what happened but he’s there now smiling at her. She thought she's late, she thought he’d be waiting for her at school, but there he was, standing outside her house.

“7:02AM,” he looked at this wristwatch and smirked. “Come on. We’re gonna be late for school,” he said as he opened the door for her and let her in first.

They didn’t talk to each other until Kai broke the ice halfway to the school. Things were still awkward in between them and Krystal had no idea how to act.

“Do you want to turn left to the school or you want to turn right to skip school?” he cocked his head towards her and raised his eyebrow. Krystal could feel her heart went pit a pet because they were so close to each other now.

“Back off. You’re scaring me,” Krystal said as she turned her head to the other side to hide her blossom cheeks.

“Am I scaring you or making you nervous?” he said in a flirty tone while he went back to his seat to started driving. Hearing such voice, Krystal could feel her cheek’s burning. She hates how Kai could be amazingly attractive in front of her. She hates how his charm could kill all the hormones inside her.

She noticed that it wasn’t the way that would direct them to the school. Instead, it was roads that lead them to the other direction. She looked at Kai with a confused look and Kai just chuckled at her. But soon as he wiggled his eyebrows, she knew that he wanted them to skip school for the day. Her confused look suddenly turned into a beam.

They were chatting like usual and also threw jokes to each other; they started to forget about yesterday and drowned in their own little world. Not even one of them brought up the thing happened yesterday. Krystal wanted to talk about it but she wanted to cherish the peaceful moment so she stayed quiet about it.

In the middle of their exciting talk, Tifanny called her and she picked up the phone.

“Eonnie annyeong!”

“Krys, go to South Seoul Hospital now. I’m on my way to your mom's office to pick up her up.”

“Eonnie waeyo?”

“We found Jessica this morning and now she’s in a comma. Go to the hospital now. I’ll call you later I need to speed up.”

Krystal couldn’t believe what she just heard. Her hand trembled and she dropped her phone. Kai didn’t realize what happened until he heard something fell and when he turned around, he saw Krystal staring blankly to the air and she was frozen on her spot.

“Soojung-ah what happened?” he immediately drove aside to the roadside and stopped the car.

“South Seoul Hospital…. Please hurry up,” Kai never heard her voice this weak before. He then turned his car to the opposite way and sped up to the hospital. Krystal’s body was shaking along the way. Kai held her hands tight while trying to drive with only one hand plus a high speed. He knew he didn’t need to say or to ask anything. All he needed was to send her to the hospital. When the care stopped because of the traffic light, Kai called Sehun immediately.

“Yah you brat where ha…,” Sehun scolded him for skipping school the moment he picked up but Kai immediately cut him off.

“South Seoul Hospital. Now”

Kai sped up even faster as he felt Krystal’s hand trembled harder than before. They finally arrived at the hospital and Kai immediately dragged Krystal out to the hospital building.

They arrived at the information and immediately asked for the patient’s name. “Who is it, Krys?” he asked her.

“Ju..Jung Soo Yeon,” Krystal answered in a stutter.

The nurse explained the direction to the elevator since the patient was on the third floor. When they went out of the elevator, Krystal shivered when she saw “ICU/ICCU” sign on the signboard. Kai then tightened his grip gently on her hand to soothe her. From in front of the elevator, she saw all of her sister’s friends on the waiting room outside the ICU/ICCU area. Kai noticed the room she was staring at and brought her there.

“Eonnie… What happened to her…” Krystal’s voice broke down to cry the moment she entered the waiting room. Hyoyeon and Yoona got up and walked toward her to give her a hug.

“She’s still in a critical state. The doctors are still pumping out the potion from her body. We hope it hasn’t scattered all over her body,” they explained to her slowly while her back. They decided not to tell her the whole story for now. They just told her that they found her sister poisoned and lucky that they arrived early so they could still stop her from death. She was dying when they got there.

Kai decided to just wait for her outside the waiting room with a thought that maybe Krystal wanted to be with Jessica’s friends for now. “Krys, I’ll be waiting outside. Call me if you need anything,” Kai grabbed her forearm and squeezed it gently. Then he stepped forward and gave her a kiss on her forehead. “Be strong, okay? It’s for your sister, not for anybody,” he ruffled her hair and gave her another kiss on her head before he pulled her into a hug and let her go.

“Can you just stay here?” Krystal asked him in a fragile tone. He could see how vulnerable she was. He nodded and he hugged her again. She immediately burst out in cry on his chest and cri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter