Chapter 15: The Devil

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15: THE DEVIL

 

Kai awoke from his sleep in the middle of the night. He’s having a nightmare again. He’s actually a deep sleeper but these past few weeks he often got woken up because of his nightmare. He always dreamt of Krystal leaving him or dumping him away.

He cleared his throat and decided to drink some water to drench his dry throat. He opened his room's door and it’s already pitch dark outside; only the lights from the pool and back yard could be seen. He walked to the kitchen in a fast pace and tried to avoid looking to sides.

He was rubbing his eyes when he heard a voice from the living room. He stopped rubbing his eyes and turned around to find the source of the voice even though he was scared. He squinted his eyes and he saw a dim light coming from the TV room. He wanted to go there but he’s afraid so he decided to ignore it first. But before he stepped his feet forward again, he heard a cough from the TV room and he suddenly got goose bumps all over his body. He decided to brave him self at last and went to check the TV room.

He walked in and saw a girl curled up on the couch under the blanket. He thought it was Amber but once he saw her closer, he realized that her hair is long and slightly wavy at the tip and he could bet his anything that it’s totally not Amber. Her back’s facing him so it’s hard for him to recognize whether it’s Krystal or Sulli. He turned her around slowly and found out that it was Krystal. He slowly swept the hair that’s covering her face and found her eyes swollen and puffy. Just by seeing it, he knew she must’ve cried before she fell asleep.

*What happened to her?* he muttered to him self.

He squatted down beside the couch and kneeled on the floor. He leiseruly examined her face as his fingers gently ran through her hair. “Were you crying?” he let out a soft whisper that couldn’t be heard unless our ear was 0,00001 cm from his lips.

He smiled when he saw her shifting a bit in her sleep. He smiled upon seeing her innocent her sleeping face and continued to talk to her even though it was more like a self-talk actually. “I just dreamt of you and I got awake. I went outside and I found you here,” he spoke in a really low voice since he’s afraid that he would bother her sleep.

*She’s so beautiful. Her beauty shines from inside of her. I’m so stupid for letting you go just like that, Soojung-ah* he laid his head on the couch right in front of her face. He let his fingers her moist hair slowly and stared at her face for a while.

“If only I never screwed up from the first place, Krys,” he mumbled and his eyes showed a lot of regret.

When his elbow slightly touched her shoulder, he could feel her body shivered. It’s so cold in the living room; of course she’s freezing. Without thinking twice, Kai gently supported her neck and the crook of her knee to carry her up and carried her to her bedroom in a bridal style. He carefully stepped the staircase and arrived at the second floor safely. He opened the bedroom door with his elbow and carefully tiptoed to make less noise.

He laid Krystal down to her bed and fixed her hair. He gently tucked her hair strands behind her ears and her forehead once. He also pulled the blanket up to her neck and patted her arms with a smile on his face.

“Good night, Soojung-ah. Sleep well.”

 

 

Jessica was alone at the cafeteria. She was peacefully eating her salad while reading E-Magazines on her iPad when a noise that came from nowhere approached the table slowly. She looked up the moment a tray was placed in front of her and when the chair across her was being pulled sassily.

“Honey, where’s the other girls?” said a boy with a high pitch voice while placing his pink purse on the other chair.

“Busy studying,” she answered him without looking at him. “Omooo~ stop pretending like you guys care about mid-exam,” his high tone voice probably could be heard all over the cafeteria.

Jessica always goes wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter