Chapter 22: Thirteen Years

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 22: THIRTEEN YEARS Sehun's POV

 

I’m now sitting at my favorite bubble tea store alone and I’m playing with my phone. I called Krystal several times, but she didn’t pick up.

I turned my head to the window and there I saw something that struck me right on my chest.

It’s something that always happen right in front of my eyes.

It’s something that turned me into the toughest person you could never expect from a human.

It’s something that taught me what love truly is and showed me that her happiness, with or without me, would always be my happiness to, even if it could kill me, because her smile is all that matters for me.

I have loved Krystal ever since I was still a little brat. I can’t stop reminiscing all my life, the day I first saw her. She was running on the field, picking up flowers with her friends on the mini garden near the field. I could barely recognize her face, but one thing for sure that she stood out more than her friends.

I was playing soccer with my classmates that time. I was sure that I’d never saw her before. It’s our 2nd year of school and I was still a clueless 7th year old boy who didn’t know what love is.

But her face awed me. She’s so pretty in my eyes. She’s so cute. I like how she clipped her bangs aside. I like the way her long hair fell. I like the way she laughs.

My mind flew out of the world. I could feel something tickling my stomach. And that’s when my friend shouted my name in horror. “Sehun-ah!!! Watch out!!!” it snapped me out of my mind and I was too late. The ball hit me right on my nose. I went half conscious first and I fell of the ground.

The next thing I know, I was in an infirmary. Little kids; for them to see their friends collapsed is something they barely seen. They bunched up around me thinking that maybe I was dead or something. I could hear claps all over the room when I woke up and next thing I heard was the nurse’s yell.

“Kids, you’ll make him dizzy. Let him sleep. Go back to your class now,” and then the nurse led them outside the infirmary – leaving me alone in the cubicle. She was handling around 40 kids at the time so she wouldn’t notice if she missed one of the kids. And that’s when I saw the pretty girl hiding behind the curtain. She was holding the flowers she picked up earlier. It was a sunflower – I remember.

The nurse didn’t come back to the cubicle where the girl and I were. She approached me while lifting up the flowers with both her hands and stared at me straightly. “Get well soon,” that was her first words to me.

“Did it hurt?” she said as she reached something from her pocket and she handed me a band-aid. Didn’t she see my nose was bandaged already?

“Grandma said to take this wherever I go, in case I fall down and hurt my knees,” she jumped to the edge of the bed and sat there.

“Where’s your mom?” that’s how I responded her words. I was a kid back then. I asked whatever I want. I wondered why her grandmother? Why not her mom?

“Mommy, daddy, and sister are still in America,” she said while swinging her legs. “I love grandma so much. I stay here with her,” she continued. Her voice is so cute, but somehow I could hear her Korean’s not so fluent. I wondered why.

I nodded and offered my hand. “Let’s be friends. What’s your name?”

“Jung Soo Jung. But everybody called me Krystal in America,” she reached my hands and shook it. “Just call me Soojung or Krystal. What's yours?”

"Oh Sehun," I shook her hands and she threw me a smile for the first time.

Since then, I always go with her everywhere in school.

I was there when she fell down on the field. That day, she didn’t bring her band-aid. So I ran to the class, I cut my shirt with scissor I found on the teacher's drawer and wrapped her scar with it.

I was there when she got her first ever 100 on mathematic.

I was there when she fought with her clique.

I was there to protect her; prevent her for anything bad.

I was there when she got 30 on science and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter