Chapter 8: Competitor

The Journey of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 8: COMPETITOR

 

Krystal had to stay longer at school because she needed to attend prom meeting since she’s the part of the committee. While she waited for Suho to call them, she stayed with Amber in class. They were talking about college when Kris walked in. “Amber, Krystal!!” he used his y English accent on his voice and it sounds hot. Krystal and Amber gave him a high five when he approached. After that, Krystal grabbed her phone and decided to check on her Weibo – trying to avoid the conversations.

She had been avoiding Kris for two good reasons the past few days. One, she noticed weird changes in Kris lately. He contacted her almost every night, he paid attention to her more and it felt strange because they used to act all cool and fun toward each other as a close friend. Two, he played all-cool in front of Krystal and he maintained his image carefully in front of her. He didn’t act like usual. He’s basically a person who looks like ice to other people but he’s a warm person around his best friends. He used to be a funny person to Krystal but now he looked no other than a flirty cool guy who tried to prey her attention.

“What are you doing here? I thought everybody’s leaving,” asked Amber.

“Just wondering around school. No soccer for today,” Kris said as he took a seat beside Krystal. He looked over what Krystal doing on her phone – she looked so busy and absorbed into her own world.

“Aish what’s with girls and their phones lately?” Kris leaned his back on the chair and placed his arms on Krystal’s chair backrest.

“They’re fun to play with,” Krystal answered simply without looking at him. Seriously, it’s weird to be awkward to one of your close friend but she couldn’t avoid the atmosphere. She really hated it.

Krystal wore a pastel brown sweater that day and Kris happened to wear sweater with the same color. “Woo~ what’s with that matching sweater? Did you guys plan on it or something before?”

“Planning it my ,” Krystal threw Amber a dead gaze as if she’s saying ‘you better close that mouth shut’ meanwhile Kris just gave them an awkward laugh. He then threw a sign look to Amber and in a slight, she got the code.

“Krys, I can’t go home with you. My mom told me to go to her office after school,” she said while carrying her backpack.

“Andweeeeeee!” Krystal gave her a sullen look and she didn’t realize that the guy who’s sitting beside her was going to explode in seconds for seeing her acting cute like that.

“You can go home with him!” Amber pointed at Kris – exactly doing what both of them had planned the night before.

Krystal gave her another dead gaze. Amber giggled, “You can drop her home right?” she asked Kris in a teasing manner.

Before he answered, Krystal turned around to him and say, “It’s okay. I can ask Jessica to take me here so don’t mind about me!” she broke the ice that had been there in between them all these times and added a few friendly pat on his shoulder. She threw him a smile – trying to act normal as possible.

Kris gave her a confuse look, and answered, “You sure? Okay then I’ll wait for you until Jessica comes” he replied coolly.

“Nah it’s fine. I can wait in ahjumma’s place after the meeting. Easy there you hot , don’t act like we just know each other for a day,” Krystal gave him a little push on his shoulder and giggled.

Kris could only blush like a fool from getting a little push on his shoulder and obediently agreed to whatever she wanted. Love blinds people, indeed. “Okay then princess.”

 

 

“Seriously, what the hell is wrong with him?!” Krystal spooned her self an ice cream while grumbling. “Gosh I really hate the way he acted. What’s with that playing all cool attitude?!” she spooned another spoon into with a pout on her face.

All Luna could do was just watching her cursed continuously. They met after the prom committee meeting. Luna had done with her vocal lesson so she could accompany Krystal right away. Of course Krystal was laying about Jessica taking her from school. She just didn’t want to deal with the awkwardness between her and Kris. She couldn’t imagine sitting in a car with him and being awkward to each other and just by thinking about it, it’s enough to make her feel nauseous.

“Maybe he just feels like he needs to. You know, he knows it well that every girl falls for his y coolness,” answered Luna. She actually knew what’s going on but she couldntt tell her anything.

“You know that I’m so close with him. He’s one of EXO for whatever’s sake. They’re like brothers to me. Why awkward- aish,” Krystal could only hissed and gave up grumbling pointlessly. Krysta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter