Chapter 9

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months had passed since the arrival of Jung couple to gynecologist. In fact, every effort that had been made to accelerate herself pregnant still failed. Jung Shinhye was still getting a red line shown in her test pack every month. She had not yet showing any sign of pregnancy. Countless so many drugs and vitamins that she had drank to fertilize her womb, and also how much her husband had to put up with his wife who turned into grumpy and super sensitive. In fact, Shinhye and Yonghwa who have been married for four years still have to wait and be patient to acquire a baby.

But they never give up. They continue to tried various ways to fulfill their dreams. One way is to visit a gynecologist to check the condition of her uterus as well as get other alternatives from different obstetricians. As they did this morning. They went to the hospital before left for work.

“See, you heard him! we just need to be patient a little longer, dear” Yonghwa said when they had just come out of the examination room. He ruffled her hair softly while the other hand embracing her waist.

“Molla, in fact, until now it hasn't happened” She pouted.

Yonghwa blocked her way then patted her shoulders and smiled, “Just like you, I also can’t hardly wait for the miracle to come, but I'm sure it will definitely come at the right time”.

Shinhye could only sigh and nodded, “Arraseo”

“Good girl!” He ruffled her hair then continued to walk as he put his arm on her shoulder.

But suddenly Yonghwa stopped when he saw someone in front of him which automatically also stopped her steps.

“Waeyo?” She frowned when she saw Yongie like sculpting as just seen a ghost.

She followed his gaze and found a beautiful lady who was standing not far in front of them. Long wavy-haired woman who was looking very pretty in her dark jeans combined with a white shirt and a scarf wrapped around her long neck. Shinhye frowned for a moment, trying to remember someone who looks like she had seen before, but she forgot where and when she saw it.

“Nugu-“ Yonghwa cut her sentence as he grabbed her palm and guided her to approached that lady.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” She bowed politely to the Jung couple.

They slightly bowed back to her. “Annyeonghaseyo” Shinhye who actually greeted her. “Nuguseyo?” she asked carefully as she looked at her husband who has been silent.

“Yoon Eunhye imnida” She stretched out her hand to introduce herself formally.

Shinhye reached her hand and shaked it slowly, “Jung Shinhye imnida. Are you..?” She pointed towards Yonghwa and looked at her alternately, asking for explanation about their relationship.

“She’s my friend, my old friend actually” Yongie finally spoke. He still froze and stared everywhere but her eyes. Shinhye could sense that her husband was uneasy, but she decided to quiete and let him greeted his friend without her interefere.

Yoon Eunhye forced to smile though she felt so much in pain. “You never said that your wife is so pretty, yong. Wow I’m impressed” She actually tried to throw a joke to melt the situation, but she failed. He even looks surprised to hear that.

Shinhye looks confused but as if reading her mind, Yonghwa finally explained about his relationship with her. “Eunhye is a friend and also brand ambassador for our lastest product, dear” Professionally of course, he still not ready to reveal to his wife that she’s his ex-lover, or perhaps more detail : the woman he had ever proposed to become his wife, a woman who once he loved very much before Shinhye.

 

Another lies. check it! Why you didn’t tell the truth, yong? You just made it more complicated.

 

Shinhye nodded in understanding and smiled. Both of these beautiful women smiled each other.

“Are you pregnant? Where’s your husband?” Shinhye shook her head to search for a guy who could be her husband, “You come alone?”

 

Oh !!

 

Eunhye gulped nervously, she realized that they met in the lounge area of obstetrician, a place where pregnant women are generally visit. “Ani. I..I just came to visit. That’s it” what a weird answer, but Shinhye didn’t mind it. She was sure that she has her own reason behind it. She just nodded in understanding.

“Excusme eunhye-ssi, we’ll leaving first. We have to go work” Yonghwa permitted to leave first. She was dissapointed of course, she still wanted to see him longer but she knew she couldn’t do it.

“Nde, annyeong” She bowed slightly,

“Annyeong Eunhye-ssi, nice to meet you” Shinhye bowed and waved to her before follow her husband who had already been walking.

Eunhye was also waving her hand. She exhaled heavily when she saw him walking and tenderly embracing his wife. Not his fault, maybe it was karma that she had received after the event that happened between them about eight years ago. Eunhye gently wiped her tears which started rolling down her cheeks as she smiled in bitterness. She turned, decided to discontinue its view against the couple before the tears flowed too profusely.

 

 

Yonghwa has not talked after the meeting. Somehow it made Shinhye a little riled. She silently glanced at him who was still focus on driving and watching the road. She wanted to ask but she was afraid the question will only add the burden. What burden? Was it true that there was something weighing on him without her knowing?

“Yonghwa-ya” She bit her lower lip as if afraid to bother him, “Who is she actually?”

Yonghwa stared at him for a while, “I already told you, she’s just my old friend” then turned back to focus on driving.

Shinhye still wasn’t satisfy with those answer, “So why you looked so surprise when you saw her? Is there something that I didn’t know?” she knew she just forced him to reveal something that herself didn’t know what it is.

“I just surprised to see her, that’s it” another defense. You even look so nervous, yong. Obviously.

“But, you-“

“Yeobo please, I'm driving, can we continue this conversation later?” he cut her words for granted, so obviously he wasn't interested in continuing this topic while at the same time his phone rang. He looked at the screen and saw Eunhye who was calling him. Dilemma.

He knew he couldn’t answer her at this time, so he rejected the call for granted.

“Nugu?” his wife asked,

“Minhyuk, he must ask where I am. I’ll call him later after dropping you” he said nonchalantly. He did not know why the words just came out without approval.

Another lies.

 

“You have a guest, sir. But she didn’t make an appoinment” Secretary Yuri told her boss thru’ intercom.

“Who?” Yonghwa asked

“She refused to mention her name, but she said that you may not reject her arrival”

Yonghwa frowned to remember who’s the person, and his mind directly leads to a name that is so familiar to him. “Let her in” he ordered to his secretary.

“Nde”

 

A few minutes later

 

“Why you didn’t answer my call?” Yoon Eunhye stared at the man who was standing nervously in front of her. He chose to sit on sofa’s arm rather than next to her.

“I was driving” he said nonchalantly without seeing her face.

“Really? Not because your wife was on your side?” Eunhye was gone too far. If she knew the answer, then why ask again?

Yonghwa let out a heavy sigh, “Umh” he confirmed her guessed. Yoon Eunhye clearly looked so dissapointed. She stood to approach him.

“Wae?”

“What? I told you not to try reveal our status to Shinhye. She’s my wife!” Yonghwa almost shouted. He combed his hair in frustration. He didn’t know how to face this girl anymore.

“You changed, yong!” Eunhye started crying, and of course Yonghwa didn’t like it. He hates to see her cry, it always successful to melt him.

“Listen, I-“

“She deserves to know about me, yong. Why you didn’t tell the truth to her?” she said between her sobs.

“Why she should know?! I don’t want to hurt her, for God’s sake I don’t have a heart to hurt my wife!” Yonghwa lost his patience. He didn’t mad at her actually, he just hate himself for being unfair to them. he didn’t want to hurt Shinhye and Eunhye at once.

“But you did it to me!!” Eunhye shouted as she wiped her tears, then turned to left him.

“Pooh, listen” he tried to hold back her but she refused. She grabbed her bag and walked towards the door.

“Yoon Eunhye!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter