Chapter 26

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blood.

Fresh blood just came out from Shinhye’s thigh. Not much actually, but its flow makes everyone gasped to see it.

“Shinhye-ya, a-are you okay?” Yonghwa glued and felt so limp all of sudden. He changed his mind to finally lifted her body in bridal style rather than prop her body to walk. No, not all. Impossible for him to let his wife walk when he saw blood dripped from her thigh. The anxiety was clearly reflected on his face.

Just like him, Shinhye also looked very worried and was about to cry. “What happen with me, yong? It’s blood! it's blood, yong..” She bit her lower lip so hard. She suddenly felt very scared until she could feel the beads of sweat began to wet her forehead. Her body went stiff and cold.

Yonghwa ignored her and decided to pull her head closer onto his chest. “Don’t worry dear, you’ll be fine” he said coldly as he accelerate his pace, trying to hide his fear. He didn’t want to make Shinhye get panic and make situation getting even worst.

Im yoona followed Yonghwa from behind, trying to equate steps when he stormed out of the building towards his car. He got inside the car and together with Shinhye sat at the back seats while Yoona sat on the passenger seat.

“Hurry go to hospital, NOW!” He commanded his driver to maximize speed towards the nearest hospital. Fortunately, Seoul International Hospital where the Jung couple always did monthly check up is not too far away from Shinhye’s office, so that within 10 minutes their car had stopped in front of emergency’s lobby.

Some nurses are swiftly approached and helped Shinhye to lie down on the bed which they had taken. A few seconds later, all of them were walking in hurry while pushing the bed toward a big room which looks like an observation room.

“Please save my baby, please!!!” Shinhye shouted bitterly when nurses pushed the bed in hurry.

Yonghwa kept holding her hand with worried face while Yoona followed him from behind. “Relax baby, you’ll be fine” He tried to comfort her while himself actually felt so much worried.

“I don’t care with myself. I NEED MY BABY!! I WANT HIM, PLEASE SAVE HIM!!” she kept shouting like crazy. Then yonghwa must released her hand when they already arrived in front of the room.

Nurse didn’t allow him to enter because she had to be in a sterile room for intensively observed by doctor. “I’m sorry sir” One of the nurse bowed respectfully to him as she closed the door.

Yonghwa scratched his hair roughly as he slammed his body against the wall. He was freaking out to face all of this. “Be strong, yong. I believe both of them will be fine” Yoona came closer to tap his arm in the hope it could give extra energy to him while she herself was also frightened.

Suddenly, a figure of young doctor just appeared. He walked towards the room in hurry with worried expression. “Jaehyun-ah!!” Yonghwa stopped the doctor when he recognized that he’s Ahn Jaehyun, the one who responsible to take care of Shinhye during her pregnancy.

Jaehyun stopped when Yonghwa blocked his way. “Yonghwa-ssi, please, I need to get inside immediately. We’ll talk later, oh?” He tried to release his grip, but Yonghwa insisted. “Please save both of them Jaehyun-ah, Shinhye and our baby. I won’t lose them” He said weakly with eyes full of fears and sadness. Jaehyun sighed and smiled at him. “Nde, I’ll do my best” Yonghwa finally released him and let him to get inside.

He threw his body and slumped against the back of the bench. He couldn’t think clearly. His mind is very chaotic. Yoona sat beside him then rubbed his arm, “I've contacted Soojung to bring clothes for you, yong. she will soon arrive”

Yonghwa stared at her weakly, “Gomawo Yoongie-ya. You better go home. Eunjin needs you” He tapped her palm. “My driver will send you home now”

Yoona shook her head and smiled, “Don’t worry yong, my mother is staying at our house for a while, so she could keep Eunjin while Jonghyun is on the way here” she said. “You wanna drink something? You look so pale, yong”

Yonghwa shook his head and closed his eyes. He’s indeed looked so tired, mentally. “No, thanks. Yoona-ssi, please stay here. I’m afraid to hear something bad alone” he whispered with teary eyes.

“Don’t worry, yong. Shinhye and your baby will be okay. Trust the doctor to help them” She assured him.

 

Don't wanna lose you now

Baby, I know we can win this

Don't wanna lose you now

No, no..ever again

(Backstreet boys, Don't want to lose you now)

 

20 minutes later …

“Oppa!” Yonghwa stood when he saw Soojung came along with Minhyuk. She ran towards him and hugged him tightly as she cried. “How’s unnie? Is she alright?”

Yonghwa sighed then broke the hug with his hands patted her shoulders. “Molla. She’s still inside” he let out a heavy sigh. His eyes expressed how tired he was, and Soojung could only hug her brother to comfort him.

“Hyung, we bought this for you to eat” Minhyuk interrupted that brother-sister moment by shoving a paper bag which contains a cheese burger, french fries and cold milo to him. He believed that his bestfriend haven’t eat yet, so he and Soojung decided to stop by to buy some foods for him.

Slowly, Yonghwa released Soojung’s arms then took that paper bag. “Thanks hyukkie”.

Then Soojung sat besides Yoona while Yonghwa, Minhyuk and Jonghyun were standing impatiently, waiting for the doctor to come out and tell about Shinhye’s  condition.

 

5 minutes passed…

10 minutes

 

I've got this feeling you're not gonna stay

It's burning within me

The fear of losing

Of slipping away

(Backstreet boys, Don't want to lose you)

Time seemed to run very slow. Yonghwa walked here and there in frustration. He stepped forward towards the door everytime he saw someone came out, thought that it was Jaehyun who came to give any news to him. But no, he still got nothing. He bit the tip of his nail in order to distract his nervousness while the others could only sit with worried expression.

BLAM!

Five of them jumped in surprise when Jaehyun came out from the observation room, followed by two nurses behind him. He took off the mask as he approached them.

“How’s her condition?” Yonghwa was the one who asked him in worried.

Jaehyun sighed, “I need blood donors. Shinhye was bleeding and we need blood to prevent miscarriages. Which one of you who has blood type O?”

All of them, especially Yonghwa was freezing to hear that. He couldn’t imagine what was going through his wife. Bleeding? Miscarriage? No, not at all. That’s impossible. He doesn’t want that to happen. They’ve been waiting for more than 4 years to have a child, and he’s not willing to be losing his future son. He also was sure that Shinhye would be very hurt and devastated if she knew that she lost the baby who is very expected.

“Yonghwa-ssi, please, I don’t have much time. Blood type O, anyone?” Jaehyun interrupted his reverie and restore his consciousness.

Yonghwa’s face turned pale as he realized that his blood type is A which doesn’t match with blood type he needed. He could only shook his head in frustration.

Damn! He hates himself to be such a fool

Damn! And he could  only cursed himself in mind, regreting that he couldn’t do anything to help her.

 

“Me. Take my blood. It’s match with blood you needed” Minhyuk suddenly offered himself to be a blood donor to save his soon-sister-in-law. Everyone gasped and turned to him in surprise.

“A-are you sure, oppa?” Soojung said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter