Chapter 7

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One thing that can describe the current condition of the Jung family house: MESSY. Children’s toys were scattered everywhere, the smell of baby diapers was stinging all over the room and forced the maid to repeatedly spraying the air freshner. And the worst was the sound of a baby crying that heard for several times. It was really defeaning. Yeah she was Lee Eunjin, one year old baby is none other than the only one daughter of Lee Jonghyun and Im Yoona who will be etrusted in the Jung family house for three days.

Please don’t ask how Jung Shinhye’s response when her best friend asked her permission to leave Eunjin temporarily. She squealed with delight, and then shopped all about baby’s stuffs with Soojung who initially attracted to accompany her sister-in-law but ended with regret because they had to go around the mall for five hours nonstop. Jung Shinhye was over-excited. Jung Soojung even still had to help her to tidy up the baby’s room and picked the lucky baby in her parent’s house. Daebak! Yya Jung Shinhye, you’re really something!

 

“What time is it?” Shinhye asked the baby sitter who has ordered by Yoona to accompany Eunjin while there. She just didn’t want to bother her friend, but not Jung Shinhye, if it wasn’t her who took care of everything alone, especially if it concerns about parenting. Obviously she felt even better to take care Eunjin by herself without the help of any nurse.

“It’s 4pm, maam” The nurse who still stood beside her answered politely.

“Omo, this was late afternoon. Time to eat, dear” She lifted Eunjin to the air and shook her playfully, “Ah nurse, can you please make the porridge for her?” She ordered.

“Nde” The nurse was about to walk towards kitchen before Shinhye stopped her.

“Forget it nurse, I want cook it by myself” She stood and approached the nurse to give Eunjin to her. But the nurse then reminded her on something.

“I’m sorry maam, wouldn’t it be better if she bathed first? because it already late afternoon, so I guess no good if the baby is washed too late” She talked carefully.

Shinhye was a bit surprised and held Eunjin back to her embrace, “Oh you were right. Let’s bathed her first. Then after that, I’ll cook for her” Shinhye smiled and took the baby towards the bathroom. The nurse followed her from behind.

She helped Shinhye to prepare the water and soap while her master was playing with Eunjin on the bed after finished picking up her clothes.

“It’s ready, maam. Should I bathed baby Eunjin or you want to do it by your self?” the nurse asked

“No need, nurse. Of course I’ll bathed her by myself. Let’s go baby!” she picked Eunjin then walked inside the bathroom.

 

Silence filled the air.

-

Shinhye still stood up in front of the baby bath while carried the baby in her arms.

-

 

“Ummh, nurse, I think I need your help” she wasn’t sure she could wash Lee Eunjin alone because this was her first experience of bathing the baby. She never bathed a baby before, so she didn’t know where to start from. The only thing that she could do was stare at the duck shaped baby bathtub intensely.

The nurse swallowed her smile when she saw Shinhye reaction without any intention of humiliate her. She just amused to see how enthusiastic she was to take care of everything related to her but in fact she had never actually do it at all. She appreciated her master’s hard work, but in the end, it still was her who had to intervene to help her.

Shinhye watched intensely how the nurse undressing Eunjin carefully. Then checked water temperature before entering the baby into it. She looks very professional. Eunjin cried when she first entered into the bathtub but become relaxed and excited afterwards. Her hands flapped cheerfully on the water, created splashes water everywhere. Shinhye laughed happily to see rare scenery in front of her. She was so stunned to see how expert the nurse thumbed Eunjin’s body forward and backward without slipping. Maybe if it was her, she had slipped and drowned in the water. Shinhye shook her head to dispel the bad thought from her mind. Pabo Shinhye!

 

It only took 10 minutes to bathe her. Nurse said that a baby shouldn’t be bathed for too long to prevent her catching a cold. Shinhye nodded in understanding as she noted every word and tips that was brought up by the nurse in her memory.

“You wanna try to put on her dress, maam?” she said after dried of Eunjin. The baby was already crawl here and there while Shinhye tried to put the dress on her. She tried harder to put it one by one while Eunjin refused impatiently. Oh c'mon dear, could you stay still for a while? - She said helplessly in her mind.

“You should rubbing the eucalyptus oil on her body first before put the clothes on” the nurse handed a bottle of eucalyptus oil to her. Shinhye forced to open the dress again to rub the oil, then paired the dress back on her body. Shinhye wiped the sweat which started rolling down her forehead. Easy girl, easy! This even is just the beginning. Jung Shinhye hwaitting!!

“Done!” She half-shouted when she has finished dressing Eunjin successfully. She was satisfied when she saw the baby. Eunjin looks very pretty in a pink dress and a ribbon in her curly hair. “Let’s eat, darling. You already hungry?” Eunjin nodded then held out her hands towards Shinhye. She immediately held the baby and kissed her so deep. She likes her smell, typical baby scent.

“Nurse, please teach me to cook baby porridge” Shinhye asked her when they walked to the kitchen together.

“Eunjin-ah actually doesn’t like porridge, maam. She would spewing out every time fed porridge” she said

“Is that so? So what should we cook for her?” she frowned, “What do you want to eat, Eunjin-ah?” then asked Eunjin directly even she couldn’t answer her.

“Let’s cook soft rice with scrambled eggs and spinach” the nurse suggested her while Shinhye nodded excitedly.

It was definitely easy for her to cook scrambled eggs and spinach only. She used to cook it every time her husband lost his appetite, but the difference is she shouldn’t put any salt or sugar into it. Again, the nurse said that sugar and salt should only be consumed by infants in very small amounts. It was intended that the baby doesn’t know the flavor more quickly to prevent she becoming a picky eater.

 

A few minutes later

“Nah I’m done, Eunjin-ah. Hmm it smell yummy” Shinhye inhaled a small plate contains of soft rice, scrambled eggs and spinach deliciously. She walked up to Eunjin who was busy playing with her doll at the living room with Soojung. She blew softly a small spoonful of rice which ready to be bribed into her small mouth to assuage the heat.

“Open your mouth, darling. Aaaa” Shinhye opened wide as an example of her to do the same. But she failed. Eunjin refused the spoon and kept playing with her doll. Shinhye won’t ever give up. She tried again, even with little tricks to attracted her attention so that she could open unconciously.

The first attempt failed

-

“Omo! Look at that kitten, aww kyeopta!!” She tried again for the second time. Still failed.

-

“Ohh look aunty Soojung wants to steal your food, Eunjin-ah” she pretended to feed Soojung while she glared at her to follow her movement to open while Soojung could only gape not understand. Shinhye put down the spoon lethargically when Eunjin was again cover her tiny mouth tightly with her hands. Another failure.

-

“Eunjin-ah pleasseee open your mouth, darling” she started to beg her to open , but instead she cried. Shinhye bit her lower lip to keep her patience. She looked at Soojung with pleaded eyes.

“No, please not me. I can’t do it eunni” She waved her hands to defend herself from her sister-in-law’s pitiful face while Yonghwa came at the same time. at the right time to be exact.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” he walked towards the girls then kissed Shinhye’s cheek slightly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter