Chapter 14

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Would you tell me I was wrong?

Would you help me understand?

Would you looking down upon me?

Are you proud of who I am?

There’s nothing I wouldn’t do

To have just one more chance

To look into your eyes and see you looking back

(Christina Aguilera, Hurt)

 

 

This has been three days they didn’t speak each other. Actually it was Shinhye who decided not to speak. Somehow she felt so much better to keep quiet to heal her wounds. She was trying to digest the fact that she had knew and trying to forgive her husband. But she failed. Everytime she wanted to dared herself to speak, ultimately she changed her mind and remained in silence.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa kept trying so hard to ask for her forgiveness. He was often approached her to talk, but ended with no result. She refused to talk and avoided him. She still couldn’t understand why could he keep it secret from her. They’re a married couple, aren’t they? Is the essence of marriage is about honesty and trust?

Yeah, I told you once again that the essence of marriage : Honesty and Trust. Without those two things, households will not last long. Only a matter of time until it was destroyed and end up with regrets.

And Shinhye thought that they already been honest to each other since the first time they committed to be together. But she was wrong. Unfortunately Yonghwa hasn’t completely honest with herself and it hurt her so badly.

 

“You guys still not talking to each other?” Yoona asked Shinhye when they sat in the corner of coffee shop at their break time. Once again, Kim Jiwon couldn’t join them because she was on the working trip in Paris with her flamboyan boss. And she loves it after all.

Shinhye sighed and nodded her. She kept stirring her green tea latte lazily while Yoona was bitting her lower lip nervously. She felt pity to her, she wanted to tell the truth but she’s too scare that Shinhye will be more sad and dissapointed.

“Shinhye-ya, do you believe your husband, right? I mean you know that he loves you so much” Yoona paused when she saw Shinhye nodded her head slowly, like she wasn’t pay any intention to the topic. “Umh, and you sure that Yongie will never betray you, right?”

Shinhye lifted her face and looked at Yoona directly when she heard the word of ‘betray’.

Betrayal. The most dangerous and the only thing that she feared about.

“I don’t know” She shrugged her shoulder, “I want to fully trust him, but the fact that scares me. I'm afraid that if it turns out he still loves her. If not, why did he insist on keeping secrets from me? It’s kinda weird, right?”

And her answer just made Im Yoona even more nervous. She finally gave up. “Shinhye-ya, umh.. I wanna tell you something” She paused as Shinhye frowned her eyebrows.

“What?”

She squeezed her skirt under the table to dampen her nervousness. “A-about your husband, umhh a-actually I know a-about it” She gulped. She inhaled and exhaed to collect all of her courage to continue the explanation overall.

Meanwhile Jung Shinhye was freezing at her position. She stared Yoona blankly, “Mworago?”

“Please don’t mad at me and please listen to me first” Yoona held her palm and continued to talk seriously, “I was there when Yongie still in relationship with that girl. Her name is Yoon Eunhye, student from the Art department.” She paused.

“I don’t really know about her, because a few months after our meeting, they both broke up and your husband looks very upset. At that time, he was often drunk and locked himself. No one could persuade him to stop drunk and changed, including his best friends, Jonghyun and Minhyuk” Shinhye froze when she was listening to her best friend story carefully while tears started falling down her cheeks.

“Until finally Jonghyun invited him to come to my birthday party in the hope he could relax a bit and met a lot of people. We never thought he met you” Yoona smiled when recalling what happened that day. “You don’t know how relieved we were when we saw he changed and cheered. You’ve  made him change, Shin” Yoona squeezed her palm.

Shinhye froze in her position with blank stares. Yoona shook her palm slowly to get back her consciousness. “Shin-ah, are you okay?” she even waved her hand in front of her face.

“How dare you lie to me!” that’s the first thing that came out from . She glared sharply towards her best friend, made Yoona squeezed the edge of her skirt even more. “I thought you were my best friend” she hissed in annoyance.

“Shin, look, I –“

“Best friend never lie!!” She half-shouted as her tears started falling down.

“I know. You deserve to mad at me. But I did it because your husband asked me” Yoona almost yelled at her, but she still could hold back her emotions. She really knew how she felt inside. “Yonghwa asked me, Jonghyun and Minhyuk to not telling you about this because he didn’t want to reopen his wounds when he already found his happiness with you! After all, he has fully right on you, so we couldn’t interfere he or your personal life. We just friends Shin, we’re not part of your inner circle. Get it?” Yoona managed her breath after uttered those long sentences.

Shinhye covered her face with her palms and tried to wipe away the tears. “Well at least you should put yourself to secure me from this if you appreciate our friendship” Then she stood up and left her behind. Im Yoona was very shock. But she could understand and already anticipated how Shinhye react her confession, and she was ready with the worst. Mianhe chingu-ya – she lowered her face with regrets filled her whole heart.

 

 

Jung Family House, 8 pm

Meanwhile, Yonghwa was feeling agitated. Since gone on honeymoon, he hasn’t responded any calls from Eunhye, while she kept contact him continously. He didn’t know what to do. He wanted to resolve the problem, especially when his wife already knew about it all. But he was afraid that it will be add more problems in the future.

Dilemma

Yonghwa nervously cradling his cell phone. He looked at the screen then put it on the table. He did it repeteadly, and without he realized, Shinhye was observing him from behind the door of his study room. She bit her lower lip to hold back tears. she knows that her husband must have been anxiously awaiting any news from her, and it terribly made her drowining in pain.

“Waeyo? Why you didn’t answer her call?” She suddenly appeared when Yonghwa was confuse to picked up his phone or not. Yes, it’s Eunhye who was calling him.

His handsome face turned pale, “Ah yeobo-ya. I..I don’t need to pick it up” He put it back on the table, but unexpectedly Shinhye took it and answered by herself. Yonghwa jaw dropped shockingly.

“Yeobseyo” She answered confidently.

She has to wait for a few seconds until she heard soft voice over there. “Are you...Shinhye-ya?” Someone over there finally dared to speak.

“I am. Nuguseyo” of course she pretented she didn’t know who’s the caller. She deliberately fished her to be honest.

“Yoon Eunhye imnida. Annyeonghaseyo Shinhye-ya” She greeted her politely.

Silence filled the air.

Suddenly she feels didn’t need to be polite to her nor to swapped stale. Typically Shinhye actually. She’s very honest and pure. She never fake to anyone else, including to her husband. “Can I help you, miss?”  She was straight to the point.

“Ah, umh..May I speak to Yonghwa-ssi?”

“May I know what’s the problem? I’m sorry, he’s in toilet now” Shinhye glared to the pale Yonghwa.

“Oh no need. I just want to chat with him. Nothing else” Eunhye sounded nervous and it made Shinhye more upset to her nor her husband. You – both – are – so – death!

“Fine, I’ll tell him that you callled him. Annyeong”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter