Chapter 19

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee’s Publishing Corporate, 10 am

Knock .. knock

“Come in” Lee Minho was so busy when he asked his secretary to come into his own room. He needed her to check up some files before leaving Seoul in the next day, and of  course Jung Shinhye has a big portion to prepare his work trip.

“Annyeong Minho-ssi” Shinhye appeared and walked towards him. “Here some files that you asked” She put the stack of paper on his desk, “… and this one is a ticket for tomorrow” She gave a piece of airplane ticket to him while Minho frowned in confusion. He titled his head as he tried to remember about his scheduled. “Yya, don’t say you forget that tomorrow you have to fly to Hongkong” She chuckled as reminded him about his trip.

“Oh yes, sorry I forgot about this. Gomawo Shinhye-ya” He tapped his temple and smiled. He stood to follow her who already went to the living room and sat on the three seater couch.

Minho landed his on the couch right in front of her. “Anything else?”, he was checking on some files that Shinhye just gave to him while his secretary was checking her cell phone. She just received an email from his potential client, asking her to arrange a meeting with her boss.

“Mr. Chung just emailed me. He asked for time to meet you to discuss the tender of the book that we discussed yesterday, how?” She titled her head, asking for his answer.

Minho lifted his face, “Umh, next week. Please arrange a meeting with him next week at the Hangang Lounge”

Shinhye immediately write down his orders on her phone’s notes, “Okay noted” She closed phone’s case and excused herself to leave.

“Shinhye-ya, you sick? You look so pale” Lee Minho restrain her arm when she was about to leave.

Shinhye shook her head, “Ani, I’m fine”

But Minho couldn’t believe what she just said because her face indeed looks so pale and unwell, “Really? You should go home if you’re sick. I don’t mind if you ask for permission one more day” he said sincerely.

“No need, sir. I’m truly fine” typical Shinhye, she wont ever change her mind when she already said something she believed.

BAM!

But suddenly they got surprised when they saw Park Minyoung, his pretty-but-psycho wife rushed to come inside. She slammed the door dramatically as she approached the two of them with an angry expression.

! Holy ! Why she has to show up at a time like this? Oh jinjja! – she cursed in mind as bitting her lower lip nervously.

“Oh daebak!! Secretary Shin, what are you doing here with my husband, huh?” She took of her sunglasses arrogantly, then folded her hands in front of chest, staring cynically towards Minho and Shinhye alternately.

Lee Minho closed his eyes to calm himself. Yeah he has always been tense every time his grumpy wife appears. “Annyeong, maam. Don’t get me wrong, I just came to deliver some files to Minho-ssi” that was Shinhye who greeted her politely.

“Mwo?! Yya! You shouldn’t call him so casual like that! Call him ‘master’ or ‘sir’, aigoo where’s your manner, huh?” She rolled her eyes annoyingly.

“Yeobo-ya!” Minho threw his gaze sharply towards Minyoung. “Please respect her, she’s my staff and you’re now at my office”

Minyoung sighed regretfully, “Wae? Am I wrong if I’m angry at your disrespectful staff? Oh don’t tell me that you start to like her, yeobo-ya” Oh here she goes, Mrs. Jealousy Park Minyoung. Her jealousy is really something. She was always jealous of every woman who was caught being with her ​​husband, even on his own secretary, the person who always listen and obey her crazy orders to spy on her husband at the office. Jinjja!!

“… and you, go out!. I need to talk with him NOW” She commanded like a truly cruel boss. Yya, who’s the boss here?

Shinhye nodded her head politely to that weird couple and walked towards the door. But suddenly she felt dizzy. Her vision started to blur as it spins. She stopped her steps while her hand trying to reach the nearest object or wall. Then a couple times later, she didn’t know what was happening. Her eyes became dark and she fell on the floor.

“Shinhye!!” Minho shouted as he ran to catch her. Too late, Shinhye already fell on the floor. Minyoung covered in panic, then followed her husband to approach fainted Shinhye. Minho lifted her body with a bridal style, “Call your driver to send a car at the lobby, now!” He commanded, made Minyoung rushed to take her cell phone and dialed her personal driver’s number.

Everyone gasped in surprise when Minho passed them with Shinhye in his arms. “Shinhye-ya, what’s wrong with her, Minho-ssi?” Yoona jumped from her seat and followed him from behind, together with Jiwon who looks really shock to see her sister.

“I don’t know. She suddenly passed out in my room. Im Yoona, please call her husband to meet up at the hospital now” He ordered.

“N-nde sir” without breaking her pace, she dialed Yonghwa’s number and informed about what she has just seen.

 

Parang International Hospital

Missing someone isn’t about how long it has been since you’ve seen them or the amount of time since you’ve talked. It’s about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side – Anonymous.

Everyone says that love hurts. For me, that’s not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. And loosing of someone is the most hurtful thing. Everyone used to confuse about these things. They used to mentioned that love would only lead to the pain while the reality is love is the only thing in this world that could heal every pain and makes us feel alive again.

Yonghwa actually realized it. He had experienced it before, when the love of Park Shinhye was success to heal his broken heart when Yoon Eunhye dumped him right away. He meant it. He admitted wholeheartedly that love from her had saved him and made him more alive. This time, he didn’t want to feel lost again. He believes that love will bring them together again.

“Eomma..” Shinhye muttered after returning her consciousness. All looks blurry when she tried to open her eyes slowly. Shinhye should winked for several times to clarify her vision. She raised her right hand to hold her head that feel a little bit dizzy.

“You awake? Gwenchana?” She knitted her brows in confusion when she heard familiar voice greeted her. Slowly she could see her husband was standing next to her with a worried expression. He put his right arm on her back to prop her body when she tried to get up in sitting position. “Slowly Shin, you still need to rest” His voice sounded worry.

But she was too confused to answer him. She was still trying to raise her consciousness as tried to remember what had happened to her until she was in the hospital as now. She remembered, the last moment that she knew she was in her boss’s room and was about to get out when his annoying-slash-psycho wife evict her. Then why I ended up in the hospital? And especially with Jung Yonghwa next to me, oh jebal! – She hissed in mind.

She slowly massage her temple as she managed to sit comfortably. Her eyes scanned the entire room. She was in a room that is large enough and dominated with brown wallpaper. On the left side of the bed, there’s a living room that completed with two comfortable two seater sofas. “Hospital?” She guessed.

Yongwa nodded his head and smiled warmly at her, “Umh, your boss take you to a hospital after you fainted. Don’t you remember?”. Shinhye shook her head weakly, “I know, but I don’t know that I was fainted” She said.

“Doctor said you’re just too tired and need a rest. You wanna drink something?” Without waiting for a response from her, he poured the water into a glass and gave it to her.

She received it hesitantly, “Gomawo”

“…” he smiled.

“You…who’s telling you about me?” there you go, a stubborn Jung Shinhye. Yya, you should at least thank him because he’s the one who stays by your side, ckckck you never change stubborn girl!

Yonghwa sighed to see her reaction. He could smell that she wasn’t happy to see him and it slightly hurt him. “Yoona told me”. Shinhye nodded as she sipped the water in one gulp. She already guessed it. “Why you hide it from me, Shinhye-ya? I deserve to know about this” Shinhye was almost choke when she heard his sudden question.

“W-what are you t-talking about?” She stammered as throwing her gaze everywhere but him. Of course she knew what he meant to, but she pretended like she didn’t know anything.

“O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter