Chapter 27

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Jung Family House

Jung Shinhye slowly walked towards the back porch as she rubbed her bloated belly carefully. That was her first timeto  walk around the house by herself after passing time during two weeks she was on the bed. Totally bed rest to recovery and restore the strengthness of the fetus since she almost got miscarried back then.

Bored. Of course she was very tired of doing everything on the bed. She hated the situation that similar as a helpless baby. Eating, bathing, and even pee was doing on the bed. She was really treated like a baby or elderly who could no longer walk, and it makes her frustrating a lot. Fortunately, Yonghwa was always there to accompany and encourage her. He never tired of entertaining his wife who suddenly became very spoiled and sensitive. He never tired to obey whatever she asked despite himself feel tired after a day’s work at the office. Anything for her. For her truly happiness. And of course for his beloved future son.

Shinhye chose to sit on a bench, facing the garden filled with various types of roses. Ranging from red roses, white, pink roses and of course her most favourite flower, lilies that are blooming beautifully.

“You take care of these flowers very well, ahjumma” She said as smelling a red rose which given by her personal maid.

The old lady shook her head and smiled, “Aniyo madam. The gardener who take care of this garden, not me”

“But still, you supervised all of the maids and gardeners in here. So, I should thank you for doing this to me” Shinhye said sincerely while the ahjumma could only nod her head respectfully. She felt grateful to have masters like Mr & Mrs Jung who are very kind and lovable. They never treat all employees in their house like servants, but assume them all like a family.

“I’m sorry madam, but I guess you should go back to your room before your husband find you here” the maid warned her as she felt afraid that her master would scold her if he knew that she let his beloved wife walk around the house without his permission.

“Don’t worry, he wouldn’t mad at you” Shinhye smiled, “I will explain to him that I feel so bored locked up in the room like a prisoner”

“Ah, nde madam” She couldn’t do nothing but obey her madam.

While at the same time, Shinhye felt someone’s hands circling around her shoulder and kissed the tip of her head. She lifted her face and found Yonghwa smiling like an angle to her.

“I heard that” He chuckled.

“Yya, who says you could eavesdropping our conversation?” She whinned, and made him let out small laugh while the maid remained silent awkwardly.

“You may leave ahjumma. Thank’s for keeping my wife. But still, you should ask my permission first rather than followed the request of this spoiled lady” He slowly pinched her nose.

“Don’t blame her, yong. The one you should blame is me. I asked her to help me out” Shinhye defended her before the old woman was issued a word of.

Yonghwa couldn’t help himself but chuckled seeing her childish act. Yeah he could understand what she feels. That’s why he couldn’t blame on her for disobeying his rule. “Okay, I know. You may leave now ahjumma” Yonghwa smiled to the old lady, then she walked out after gave a polite bow to him.

Yonghwa sat besides his wife and put his arm around her shoulders. “How do you feel now?”

Shinhye moved closer to him and leaned her head onto his chest, “I’ve never felt this good” She said confidentally. “You know what, I’m so bored yong. Can I walk around with Soojung tomorrow?” she pleaded with those pair of puppy eyes, begging him to grant her wish.

Yonghwa let out a long sigh as he tapped her hair and rubbed it lovingly, “Okay, but we should ask Jaehyun first to make sure about the baby condition” He then moved forward and  cupped her face, “Listen Shin, I never want this things happen again in the future. I swear I won’t forgive myself if something bad happen to both of you” Shinhye could see sincerity in his eyes when he said that to her. “I do love you and I won’t ever losing you”

Shinhye smiled. She put down his hands and gently pinched his cheeks, “Nde appa, we know it” she giggled while imitating a child’s voice as if she speaks on behalf  of her son.

Yonghwa joined her to smile then kissed her lips in a flash, “Aigoo this kid never failed to melt my heart” he chuckled then laughed together with his wife. He then put his left ear onto her belly, pretending like he wanted to hear something from inside.

“Hi son, what are you doing there? Don’t you miss  appa?” He quiet for a while as if he could heard the baby answering him. “Nde? You want to play football with me? Jinjja?” and at the same time both of them were startled once they felt something kicking from the inside. Yonghwa and Shinhye even could see half of her belly enlarges to form a mound while the other half deflated, as if the baby moves to one side.

“Eiyy look at you son, you challenge me, huh?” He straightened in his seat and prepared to attack her belly with his fingers. Shinhye couldn’t stand to laugh at the childishness of her husband while her belly continues to flare due to the baby, as if he could respond to every word spoken by his daddy.

“Kyaaa!! Yong stop it!!” She shouted helplessly when he tickled her belly mercilessly. She restrained his palms to stop him of tickling her, but he pretends like he didn’t care at all and continued it while laughing joyfully. “Yong, jinnja it’s so ticklish!” She giggled so hard.

Yonghwa finally gave up and pulled her closer into his warm embrace. He kissed her forehead deeply as their fingers interlocked. “I love you Shin-ah”. She loves it. She liked the way he spoke that words. So sweet and tender.

“You know what son, you should be proud to have a mother like her. You see, she never tired to take you wherever she goes neither never complained though she was in pain. One day, you have to take care of her and love her with all of your heart. Because of her love for us will never be comparable to anything else”

Shinhye stunned as she heard every word that uttered by him. Simply but honest. And she felt touched. Tears began streaming down her cheeks as she rubbed his palm which also rubbed her belly. She gave a peck to his lips as a reward, “Thank you, love”. Then Yonghwa hugged her tightly and whispered to her ear, “I love you even more”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter