Chapter 22

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The period of pregnancy between weeks 13 to 27 is often touted as the ‘honeymoon period’ for a pleasant reason. And entering the fourth month, Shinhye was no longer feeling nauseous and dizzy. The morning sickness is finally gone and she began to enjoy the second trimester of pregnancy happily. Of course it affects the health of expectant mother so much. Along with the passage of nausea, her appetite was increasing as well. Without she realized, her meal portion even became double than usual.

While the bad news is that Yonghwa became sick often. Her new habit to kiss and smell his bare chest before sleeping made him always sleep in a state of half-. If he didn’t obey her, she usually could not sleep all night, looking for his body fragrance. Yonghwa became more and more awry when she wasn’t only hug him, but began to and kiss his bare chest, and of course it creates a tingling sensation all over his body, arousing his desire for as well. Unfortunately, that handsome-doctor advised them to not have too often to prevent miscarriage. Moreover, for some reason Shinhye lost her desire for lately. So, her new habit eventually made him sick due to the cold after exposed the cold air from the aircon all night long. Omo! Oh poor Yonghwa…

“Wake up, yong. It’s already seven. Yya, u’re not going to work?” She gently shook his body to awake him. He just moved a little while mumbling lazily.

“Aigoo..what a lazy appa, c’mon get up, dress up and take your breakfast, yong” She pulled his arm over backwards to make him seat, but she failed. He’s too strong to be pulled, or maybe there’s something wrong with him. She gasped softly when she felt his warm body.

She was surprised to learn that her husband had a fever. “Yong, you’re sick” she started panic as she touched his temple. “Omo! Ottoke? Oh wait a minute, don’t move, oh?” she ran towards the dresser and pulled each drawer to find the thermometer. She forgot where the last time she put that thing.

“Aha!” She almost shouted when she finally found it in one of the drawer. She ran back towards her husband and the thermometer. “Open your arm, yong. I’ll put the thermometer to check your temperature” She commanded while she pulled his arm open.

Yonghwa just let her be. He was too tired to argue with her. He even sneezed for several times. Shinhye rubbed his temple anxiously. He didn’t speak nor complaints, so it means that he felt so sick.

The thermometer was finally beeping as a sign that it had finished to check his temperature. Shinhye rushed to check it, and she gasped in surprise when it showed the number of 39 degrees. It’s not good. Really bad actually. Yonghwa got fever, and he needed something to relieve his fever. Shinhye ran outside to call Soojung. She needed her help. But she couldn’t find her in her room.

“Where’s Soojungie?” She asked to the one of her maid.

The maid shrugged her shoulder, “I’m sorry maam, but young lady is gone earlier” She said.

Shinhye nodded, “Ah, please help me to bring the warm water with handkerchief into my room”. The maid nodded her head obidiently then walked downstairs to fulfill her wishes. While Shinhye walked back to her bedroom where Yonghwa was lying limply.

“Shinhye-ya” She immediately jumped onto the bed to approach her husband when he called her name weakly.

She touched his cheek lovingly, “Nde, yong” He didn’t answer her, instead holding her palm tightly. “I've asked the maid to bring water to compress you, just wait a moment, oh?”. He nodded as an answer.

A few moments later, a maid came to deliver a pan of warm water and a handkerchief to compress. “Here the warm water that you asked, madam” She said as handed that pot to Shinhye. “Thank you” The maid then left the room.

She took the medicine that given by the maid along with warm water, and tore the wrapper before giving it to him. “Yeobo-ya here, take the medicine first” She fed him and handed a glass of water to him.

“Thank you, shin” again, he rested his body on the bed. Shinhye pulled the blanket to cover his body up to his shoulder, then dipped the handkerchief into warm water. After squeezed it, she put it on top of his forehead as she gently tapped it.

“Should I call the doctor to come here?” She asked, but he just shook his head slowly. “Wae? Yya, it’s better for you to be checked, yong” but he kept shaking his head. Shinhye sighed, “Naughty boy. I’ll call the doctor no matter you agree or not”. She was about to move down when he restrained her wrist.

Shinhye was startled as she saw his palm holding her hand tightly. “Stay. I need you to stay here. Please” He begged her still with eyes closed.

She wanted to protest, “But yong..” but before she could finish her sentence, he already pulled her closer to him, create a parallel position with him. Shinhye knew that she couldn’t protest him anymore. He needed her. He just needed the presence of his wife, nothing else. So, she let her body cuddled by his hands in a sleeping position. Let his warm breath greeted her forehead when he kissed her.

“I’m sorry Yongie-ya to have made you sick. I’m a bad wife” She mumbled in his embrace. Her words actually made him even tightened his arms around her. “Don’t say it. It’s not your fault” again, he kissed her forehead lovingly.

“Shinhye-ya, can I ask you something?” Shinhye frowned when she heard his question, but she decided to nod her head. “Can you stop working?”

 

Nice shot!

 

Shinhye gasped when she heard his sudden request. She never suspect that in the end she would heard that request came out from his mouth. So far, her husband was never troubled by her career as a secretary of another company. He always respects her every choice and decision to work, he even allowed her to work overtime when she is needed. But  why this time he asked her to stop suddenly?. “Why?” she braved herself to ask him.

Yonghwa let out long sigh, “I need you. It feels good to see you by my side, like this” He lifted his face to look at her eyes directly.

Shinhye bit her lower lip, trying to find a good answer. But she didn’t find any word. She remained on silent. “Yong, I – “

Before she could complete the sentence, Yonghwa already cut it. “Please think about it, Shin. If you’re not considering me, then think about our child. She needs you to take care of her, not a baby sitter” he said nonchalantly.

Well Shinhye admitted that what just he had said all true. She can’t be too selfish. However, here is her role as a wife and an expectant mother who obliged to take care of the family. Family come first than anything else. But, the truth is deep inside her heart, she still wants to work. She didn’t think about money while her husband has untold wealth, he has everything, but she just doesn’t know what to do if she became a housewife. She would definitely miss her active days in the office along with her bestfriends.

“Nde, I’ll think about it” and she finally gave a chance to him. yeah, he deserves to ask the right as a husband. As the head of household, Yonghwa has the full right to regulate her. she was under his control, and she is fitting to grant the wishes of her husband, totally.

Yonghwa lifted her palm and kissed it deeply, “Thank you dear”

Shinhye sighed. She didn’t mad at him. No, not at all. She felt e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter