Chapter 23

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don’t ever hurt people who really love you, because when the man had given up, he would never look back at you and you're just going to regret it for the rest of your life. – Jung Yonghwa

 

Yoon Eunhye had never imagined that she would have this happen again after eight years ago. She felt hurt as if stabbed by dozen of knives right on her chest. No, she actually doesn’t want to do this. But she must. There must be someone who succumb to win the others, because not everyone can possibly win at the same, right?.

This early in the morning, she braved herself to invite Jung Yonghwa to meet at the highest point in Seoul, Namsan Tower. Her manager already booked the table for them though he couldn’t come with her. He respects her privacy even though he knows everything about that hallyu star, especially when he knew who’s the person that will be encountered her was none other than her most beloved ex-boyfriend.

“Look, don’t attract too much attention, or else you will get caught by public and this will be a big scandal for you, oh?!” her manager warned her when she stepped out from the van. He just dropped her at the lobby and will pick her up when she has done with that man.

Eunhye nodded her head and walked towards inside the building. She felt really nervous. She couldn’t hide her excitement to see him. she missed him. It’s been a long time since their last encounter at the event back then. After that night, they lost contact. He never contacted her again, nor she was too afraid to start the conversation. So they remained silence in their own bussiness.

“Miss Yoon Eunhye?” a waiter welcomed her once she informed her arrival. She then led her towards the table where her manager already booked.

The waiter handed a menu book to her, “You want to order now or later?” She asked politely.

“Later. I’m waiting for my guest. But please bring me a glass of red wine” She said to the waiter who was standing next to her and waiting for her favor. She bowed herself then left her.

 

15 minutes later …

“Are you okay, dear?” Yonghwa squeezed her palm when the door of elevator that took them to the top of the building was closed.

Shinhye shook her head slowly and let out a weak smile, “Nde, gwenchana” She lied. Of course she didn’t want to show up her true feelings to him. She just pretended that she’s fine while her heart was actually pounding like crazy. She felt nervous to see his ex-girlfriend who already succeeded to ruin their marriage life, well it was almost. She was puzzling over what she should do next. There are so many words of “what if” spinning around in her mind. What if her husband fall in love again on her? What if the woman was crying and begged him back to her? What if the situation become more confusing? And what if she can’t hold her emtions to contront that woman? Well, she’s just a normal person who has a sense of anger and jealousy if there’s another woman who tried to seduce her husband. Instinctively, of course she will get angry and defend her husband.

 

TING!

The cold air caressing her face once the Jung couple stepped out from the elevator. They walked hand in hand inside the lounge where Eunhye already there, waiting for them – him.

“On behalf of miss Yoon Eunhye” He confirmed his presence to the waiter who was standing in front of the lobby. She chekced the guest list then nodded.

“Nde, she’s here already. Let me guide you to the table” She bowed politely before guided them to the one who was waiting for them.

“…”

“Annyeong Eunhye-ssi” Yoon Eunhye was really surprised to see his presence by her side when she looked up.

Both of them. The fact that he came along with his wife had hurt her. Eunhye glanced at the two interlocked hands before finally looked at a woman who stand up beside him. Well, she had to admit that Jung Shinhye looks very pretty, especially in her knee-length baby pink flower dress that she wore that day. Simple, but it makes her look so stunning.

Ouch! What is it?? Eunhye gasped when she saw Shinhye’s belly a little bit bulge behind her dress. Oh somebody please tell her that she wasn’t mistaken. She cleared when suddenly felt a burning throat. “Oh, annyeong” She stood and gave a slight bow to them as they did the same way. “Please take a seat” she invited them.

Yonghwa moved aside to pulled the chair for Shinhye. “Gomawo, yong” she felt relieve knowing her husband was still on his right mind. He then placed himself to sit next to Shinhye, they were together facing eunhye who already sit back.

“How are you, yong?” She started the conversation with a concern question to him, for a moment ignoring about his wife’s presence.

Yonghwa smiled, “I’m fine, thank you”. Then he leaned forward as he managed his seat position, “I’m sorry Eunhye-ssi, I don’t mean to be rude to you, but please straight to the point because we’re in the middle of our office hours now” he honest and succeeded to make her even more nervous.

 “Well, I actually wish I could say this to you privately, but since your wife is here, then I'll say it in front of you two” She said lightly.

She didn’t realize that her words made Shinhye tense up. “Say it. I deserve to know it too since he’s my husband” Yonghwa held her palm to calm her while Shinhye said it in a firm tone.

Eunhye formed a smile to see her annoyance. “Relax Shinhye-ssi, I don’t mean to be unrespectable towards you” She took a glass of wine and sipped it slowly before continue her unfinish words. “I actually invited you here to say goodbye, Yongie-ya”

The Jung couple gasped when they heard what she had just said. “I will fly to Spain tomorrow morning and plans to settle there” she smiled.

“Wae?” it was Yonghwa who asked her.

“Nothing. I just want to stay there while I haven’t any reason to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter