Chapter 3

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa’s Office, 8am.

“Media that have been confirmed to be present were about 50 media, sir” Secretary Yuri was reporting the preparation of the launch their newest product which will be implemented in a moment, while Yonghwa and Minhyuk were examining a sheet of paper contains some points that should they talk about when the next presentation in front of the journalists.

“Whoahh deabak! Hyung, they seem very interested in our new product” Minhyuk chuckled while his hyung only hummed him as an answer, “Alright, I’m ready for the presentation!” he said confidently as he smoothed his suit.

“Ah, the model that will be our brand ambassador, she has come?” Yonghwa asked. He remembered that he didn’t know who will be their new brand ambassador this time because he wasn’t  attend the latest meeting which should he lead yesterday, and none that tells him.

“I think she will be here in a minute, sir. Her manager just told me that they’re already here” Yuri was checking her phone.

“Umh, hyung, you must know something..” Unfortunately, Minhyuk should hold back his words because the door was knocked at the same time.

Knock … knock

“Ah there they are. I’ll open the door” Yuri walked to the door to welcome the guest while Minhyuk was sculpting, his face looked very tense as if he had just seen a ghost.

“Yya, what happen?” Yonghwa whispered to him, but before his best friend could answer him, suddenly he felt like being struck by lightning in daylight when he saw a beautiful lady who had just entered the room. She looked very elegant in her white lacey dress. Her white skin and wavy short hair makes her looks really like a barbie doll. The lady smiled warmly at him while he just stared in a shocking mode.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yoon Eunhye imnida” She bowed politely.

Oh off course you don’t have to bow like that Eunhye-ssi, why so formal? You just greeted your ex-boyfriend and his friend who you already know as well.

“This is miss Yoon Eunhye who will be the new brand ambassador of our latest product, sir. She is an international supermodel whose career has soared up to the European continent. She also has starred in several well-known products in a number of countries such as Japan, China and South Korea of course" secretary Yuri was briefly describes the profile of the lady who was standing beside her. While the lady just smiled hearing a brief exposure about herself in front of the man is none other than her former lover. noted : her - former - lover.

Kang Minhyuk let out a heavy sigh when he saw Eunhye’s presence. He didn’t know what to do. He was as surprised as Yonghwa when looking at her appearance in the meeting room yesterday. Unfortunately, he forgot to tell Yonghwa that Yoon Eunhye who was elected as their brand ambassador this time. This is actually one of Yonghwa’s fault too, because he didn’t pay much attention to trivial details about model selection. For trivial matters, he tends to rely on its staff to make decisions. Finally he was himself that should bear with the risk, he must to deal with his past – again. Dealing with someone who has long been he buried deep in his heart.

“Say something, hyung” Minhyuk whispered to his best friend who was still open-mouthed as he elbowed him to get back his conciousness. Minhyuk cleared his throat nervously.

“Annyeong, Eunhye-ssi” Yongie finally spoke and stood to bow her politely, “Take a sit, please” he invited her to join them sitting in the comfortable couch.

“Kamsahmnida” unexpectedly, she even decided to sit next to Yongie rather than Minhyuk. Umh, such a bad situation. Oh someone please bring her out immediately please! She really knows how to make him tense and uneasy. Don’t you see his face, Eunhye-ssi? He looks so pale because of you! ckckck

Yonghwa tried to get rid of her subtly, “Have you briefed by secretary Yuri about what you have to talk during the press conference?” He wished secretary Yuri had not directing her so that she could soon leave this room to discuss with Yuri. What a nice try, Mr. Jung!

“Nde? Oh yes she did” she answered.

Damn!

Damn it!

He cursed a lot in his mind. Another question, maybe?

 

“What time we should come to the venue?” And now himself was trying to escape from this awkward situation.

“About fifteen minutes, sir” secretary Yuri said.

Fifteen minutes is long enough to make Yonghwa suffer. Oh please, is there any way to speed up time? Should he left first while his staff looked not interested to leave the room?

“Yuri-ssi, I think you should check the preparation once again. Tell the driver to pick us at the lobby” Minhyuk commanded the secretary, seems like he really knew about the situation. Thank you for saving my life, hyukkie! And it would be better if you ask her to leave with Yuri, too – he thought silently.

“Nde sir” She bowed politely and turned around.

“Excuse me too. I also would tell the driver to get ready. Eunhye-ya, you wait here. I'll call you when everything is ready” and her manager was also excuse to leave the room.

Oh don’t, please bring her out as well! – Yonghwa gulped nervously. He hopes Minhyuk doesn’t intend to leave him in the room with her as well. He had no idea what he should talk with her if they left in the room, just the two of them.

-

Silence filled the air

-

“Should I leave too?” Minhyuk broke the long silence.

“Don’t you dare!” Yonghwa warned him with a deadly stare.

“Alright, then talk! Oh c’mon guys don’t be so childish. We already knew each other” He rolled his eyes in disbelief. He knew Yonghwa as a wise, warm and friendly person. He never ignore others, especially his business clients, and moreover ... Eunhye is his ex-boyfriend.

“How have you been, Eunhye-ssi?” Yong tried to greet her properly, casually to be exact. He brave himself to look at her eyes directly. Ouch! He felt it, something strange that jolted his heart when he looked into her eyes. It felt such…longing? Or perhaps…pain? He didn’t know.

“I’m fine oppa. what about you?” she smiled, “Ah chukae oppa for your hard work to finally launch the newest product. I’m so proud of you” she kept smiling like nothing happen between them, oh really?!

She still as it used to. Always looks relaxed, cheerful and carefree. Like she didn’t remember about the painful past, or indeed she didn’t ever feel sad like what I felt? – Yonghwa guessed in his mind.

“Kangsahamnida. You too, seems your carrier also more skyrocketing. Congratulations” he praised her sincerely.

“Should I ask for your autograph now, noona? I'm afraid it will be difficult to see you in the future” Minhyuk started to teasing her. He succeed to break the ice between them because Yonghwa and Eunhye were laughing together. However, Kang Minhyuk was also close to her and had considered her as his own sister, just like he felt to Shinhye.

“Yya hyukkie! I’m not that famous!” she laughed as she waved her hands to deny it.

“Jinjja?? Hyung, tell her how famous she is now, aigoo you've never change noona, always down to earth” Yonghwa nodded him while smiled seeing Eunhye who was pouted like a little kid.

“Yya Yong! Don’t defen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter