Chapter 20

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

< Flashback >

< Yonghwa’s POV >

 

I don't know how to live without you

I don't know how to breath in life

Tell myself I'd stop everyday knowing that I won't

because of you, because of you

It's the truth

 

Empty. I froze and my vision blurred by liquid of tears. I swear I feel like fainting when I heard Yoona’s voice over the phone who told me that my wife is being brought to a hospital because of unconsciousness.

 

Shinhye, what’s wrong with you? – then time seemed to stop spinning.

 

I immediately turned off the phone after knowing where they will take my wife. I stormed out of the room and ignored the puzzled stares of all my staffs when I passed them. I even ignored Minhyuk when we met in front of elevator.

“Hyung, odiga?” He asked, but I rushed to step inside and pressed the button instead of answering him. I didn’t have much time to answer him. The only thing that stuck in mind was only knowing Shinhye’s condition. That’s it.

I snatched my car keys from my driver and sent him home. I chose to drive by myself. Again, because I didn’t have much time to only sit peacefully on the back seat while my wife needs me somewhere else. I chose to maximize the speed of my car, past a row of cars in front of me in a hurry.

GO AWAY!! You !! – I roared as honk repeatedly. I didn’t care what people say about me. I just want to run towards her, immediately.

 

I ran toward the emergency room where my wife was. I turned my head to and fro, tried to find someone who I know while everybody passing by in front of me.

Im Yoona. She was the first person that I found. She was at the end of the room with two other people who I don’t know who. Maybe her friends, oh I don’t care!. They were standing covering a patient who was lying in bed. I didn’t see her face, but I recognized her body shape. Of course I’m very familiar of her body shape.

 

Jung Shinhye, my wife.

 

“She’s okay Mr. Jung. Your wife is just too tired” The doctor told me when I informed him that I’m her husband. “And your baby is fine, the baby and mom are healthy. Don’t worry” I felt thunderstruck when the doctor mentioned about the baby. A baby? No! Wait? WHAT?!! What did he say? A baby, I mean he said that Shinhye is pregnant? No, he must be wrong. Yya! Micheoso?!! Who’s the one is crazy here? Me or this old man?

“Mr. Jung, are you okay?” My conciousness back when I heard him.

No, tell me that I wasn’t hallucinating. I pretty sure heard him when he told me about the baby – our baby – condition. “Pardon me, what did you say, doc?” Okay maybe it sounds ridiculous, but I need to make sure about that sensitive thing.

I saw him smile at me then patted my shoulder, “Wae? You don’t know that your wife is now pregnant? She didn’t tell you about this?” He frowned but still with his warm smile. Oh I feel like a stupid man, now.

“..Ah, of course he knew. He just too worry about her condition, right yong?” And suddenly I felt Yoona spoke to him as she linked her arm around my shoulder brotherly. I knew, she tried to save my pride. Remind me to say thanks to her later. I owe her a lot.

“Aigoo I bet this must be your first child, right?” He chuckled while I was still in a shock mode. Tch, if I don’t recognize him as a doctor, maybe I would punch him right on his face. How dare he is joking on me, so annoying! I heard Yoona and the others laughed, but I still remained to be silent. “Okay, I’ll prescribe vitamins for her, and it would be better if she hospitalized until she get better” He suggested. I could only nod my head as an answer. Suddenly I felt like lost my voice. I was too shock to knowing that I will be a father soon-to-be. For God’s sake, I feel like wanna jump like a little kid because too much happy. Me becoming a father, what an epic!

“Sorry for not telling you about this, yong. You know her, she threatening me if I dare to tell you about the baby” Yoona said when the doctor left. I threw my gaze towards her, and the two other. Oh I know one of them, he must be my wife’s boss, Lee Minho, and I don’t know who’s the young lady who was standing next to him.

I didn’t speak any word. “Be patient, yong” I felt Yoona hugged me from aside. She leaned on her head onto my shoulder to comfort me. Thank God I found her when I lost all energy even just to stand properly.

I grabbed Shinhye’s palm and lifted towards my lips. I felt so much hurt when I saw her face. She looks so pale and skinny as if she didn’t eat properly during our separation. I wanted to scold her. I wanted to cry. I wanted to lift her body and hug her so tight, so then she wouldn’t ever let me go again.

But I just remained on my position with my hand held hers. I knew, my cheeks already wet by tears when I kept looking at her sleeping face.

“Shinhye-ya, paili wake up, I miss you” I burried my face onto her palm and deliberately let my tears to flow endlessly. I didn’t care what they say about me.

 

Do I wanna believe you think the same

I am missing you

And I want you believe same love as me

I am missing you

You've given me your one last adios, but

why do I still wanna believe

I don't know I'm missing you in good time,

don't say good bye…

(CNBLUE, Don’t say goodbye)

 

< End of Flashback >

 

< Shinhye’s POV >

I never felt as happy as now. Knowing there’s a child inside my womb. No, she’s not moving yet, but I feel there’s something tickled from the inside and spread throughout my body. Maybe that's what people say as "happiness". I mean it, jinjjaeyo.

“Are you ready to meet our baby, dear?” my husband asked me as he closed the door and approached me. He had just completed the entire cost of the hospital. I’ve only been here for a night. I can’t stand the smell of the hospital, it makes my stomach queasy. So I persuaded my husband to beg the doctor to allow me to go home as soon as possible. Oh I miss our home already. I wanna be in his arms, then me and him are lying on the bed of our own happily. Haissh I wanna go home, jinjjaeyo…

And lucky me because the doctor granted my wish to go home though with one condition : we should see a gynecologist before leaving the hospital. He – and also us – want to be sure about the baby and find out how old she is now. So without any doubt, I finally agreed him.

“All done?” I hugged him when he was standing next to me.

He nodded his head and smiled, “Oh, we will see the doctor in an hour” He rubbed my hair then planted a soft kiss on my forehead. “But, before we leave, you should eat a little” Yonghwa took a bowl of corn soup and ready to bribbing a spoonful to me. “Aaa” He opened his mouth to ask me imitate him. But I just shook my head, “Wae? Yya I already eat this soup and it’s so yummy. Come taste it” Once again he tried.

I gave up and open my mouth lazily when he shoved a spoonful of corn soup into my mouth. “Good girl” He ruffled my hair, “Mommy should eat a lot, oh?” He said with a sweet tone.

Suddenly, I felt very nauseous once I swallow that soup. Oh , that’s not good! I covered my mouth with both of my palms when I feel like throwing up. “Gwenchana?” Yong asked me with worried expression.

No, dear. I’m not okay!

But I nodded my head as trying to relieve this nausea by inhaling a deep breath. Once again I tried to swallow all of it in one gulp.

Yonghwa back to shove a spoonful of soup into my mouth, I initially restrained his hand to pause a few seconds to relieve nausea, “Are you okay, dear? Tell me what can I do for you” He looks terribly worried now.

I took a deep breath then opened my mouth widely. I tried to chew that porridge slowly as yongie waiting for me patiently. Ouch ! I felt extremely queasy when the smell of that porridge was stinging my nose. I spit it out. All of it. To him.

“Yong mianhe, jinjja mianheyo” I said in panic tone as I automatically wiped his shirt.

Yonghwa rushed to take some tissues and handed it to me, “Wae? your stomach hurt? where?” he’s not mad at me, instead smiling and wiped the corner of my mouth carefully. Made me feel like want to cry.

I shook my head as wiping my mouth with tissues, “No, I’m sorry I’ve spit it out again. I don’t know yong why I keep feel queasy like this” I took a glass of water that he gave to me, and drank it slowly.

Yonghwa rubbed my back to comfort me. Ahh what a loving husband, he knows me very well. He knew that I need his touch on my painful back. He even smiled and looks so damn worry instead of mad at me. Aigoo I feel so embarrassed.

“Let’s try again” He took the bowl and persuaded me to eat it a little more while I insisted to refuse it. “yeobo-ya, you need to eat to regain your energy. Yya, Don’t you feel sorry to our baby, huh? maybe he was hungry in there” He wont give up as he tapped right on my belly.

I sighed. He doesn’t understand what I’m feeling. Myself don’t even know why it was so hard to swallow the food that goes into my mouth, although only a little. My stomach feels rejected it automatically. I forced myself to open my mouth once again, giving another chance to my husband.

A second passed

-

Two seconds

-

And I spit it out. Again. I even had to run to the bathroom to vomit on the toilet.

 

Yonghwa ran to catch me and rubbed my back carefully when he was kneeling next to me. “G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter