Chapter 6

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He never imagined that he had the courage to see her again. After their last meeting at the product launch event, Yonghwa never heard about her. They lost contact for some time until he got a message from her who invites him to meet.

Dilemma. He felt very confused to answer her invitation. He didn’t know whether he should reject it nor accept it as soon as possible. He actually knew that he had to say no to his ex-girlfriend because he’s already married now. He’s being the husband of a beautiful lady who he loved the most, and of course he doesn’t have a heart to betray her trust. But, in fact he couldn’t lies that deep in his heart, he was curious and wanted to see her directly, oh dear …

Yoon Eunhye was the one who ever filled his heart before Shinhye. He had loved her wholeheartedly. If only she didn’t reject his proposal without any apparent reason, perhaps she’s the one who stands by his side as his own wife. But reality says different, she chose to leave him just like that. Carved wounds in Yonghwa’s deepest heart, and now she was back and asked him to meet outside of work matters and yeah of course this is successfully made him so agitated. Pity you, Yong...

 

Between desire and necessity.

Two different things that are difficult to be separated

Have you ever felt that way at the same time?

When you knew that you had to reject it but your heart said that you wanted it so bad.

Have you?

Yonghwa did, actually.

 

 

“Yong,” Yoon Eunhye waved her hand to Yonghwa who had just entered the door as a sign that she was present. Yonghwa bowed slightly to waiter who had welcomed him in the doorway and walked towards Eunhye. She stood up to reply the outstretched hand then shake it slowly.

“Anyeonghaseyo Eunhye-ssi” he bowed formally.

“Aishh why so formal, Yong? Sit down please” She waved her hands then invited him to sit in front of her.

They sat facing each other in the corner of a famous Italian restaurant in Seoul. She likes to eat pasta, and he knew it very well. He could easily guess where she intended to meet when she texted him before.

“You’ve ordered?” Yongie asked her as he held the menu and read it carefully. A waiter was standing on the side of their table to await their orders.

Eunhye shook her head, “Not yet”.

They still read the menu silently, until she finally put it down and was ready to order, “One lasagna verde, -“

Her most favorite food all time – Yonghwa said in his mind.

“…and creamy bacon carbonara, ah remember it’s not fettuccine but penne”

And it’s mine – Yonghwa gulped nervously. He didn’t need to order since she already ordered for himself correctly. She absolutely knew all about his favorite things, all about himself even down to the smallest things. It’s because they ever dated.

“Uh-oh about the drinks, umhh I order orange juice and -” before Eunhye could finish her order, Yongwa had cut her off and successful to made her frown in confusion.

“Eunhye-ssi, please cancel the order. I’ve eaten actually” he said to Eunhye then stared to the waiter, “Give me a cup of earl grey tea” finally he ordered for himself and left Eunhye with her confusion.

“Wae? You used to drink wine. Oh don’t tell me that you’re a tea lover now, Yong” Eunhye started to while she tried to hold back her smile.

“Ani, it’s because my wife’s said so” he answered calmly.

 

OUCH!

Nice shot, Yong!!

 

Yonghwa was success to make her smile dissapear. “I see” She whispered and threw her gaze anywhere but him.

“I repeated your order, one lasagna verde, one orange juice and one earl grey tea. Anything else, sir? Miss?” The waiter was re-read their order and made sure that he already wrote it all on the note correctly. He left after Yonghwa and Eunhye shook their heads in unison.

Yonghwa looked at Eunhye who was busy with her phone. She didn’t notice it and and made him able to stare at her long enough. Split second which was enough to make his heart stopped beating.

Oh ! Why did she look so beautiful today? She never changed, although her face polished by thick makeup, she still looks pretty and casual. I don’t believe that I was facing her now, ouch ottokeh?! – Yonghwa gulped while he covered his face by hands as if could cover up his nervousness.

“Wae? you sick?” she asked in worries expression when she saw him covered his face.

He immediately put his hands down and smiled, “Oh nothing”

“I’m sorry for disturbing your day, Yong. You must be very busy nowadays” Euhye smiled as she put her cell phone on the table for focusing herself towards the handsome man who was sitting in front of her, a man who was so familiar to her life.

He smiled back to her, “Aniyo, Eunhye-ssi. How have you been?”

Eunhye-ssi, I hate  the way you call me ‘Eunhye-ssi’, Yong. It sounds so formal and it even makes you look like a stranger. Can you please just call me ‘Pooh’? like you used to – Eunhye said in her mind. She didn’t know why she felt a little bit hurt every time he called her that way. She didn’t like it, for sure.

“I’m fine. I just arrived at Seoul last night and yeah still have jet lag” she rubbed her hand as if to reduce the pain and laugh lightly.

“Keure? You should have told me, so we can rearrange this meeting. Yya! Don’t push yourself, Eunhye-ssi” he said that even sounded like an angry tone.

Yoon Enhye burst into laughter and shake her hands excitedly, “Aniyo. I just wanted to see you. I mean, I want to charge your promise to treat me lunch” she said between her laughter.

“Yya!  When did I ever say will treat you?” he widen his eyes in surprise.

“You’ve supposed!. Well at least as a sign of gratitude because I’ve helped your company” Yonghwa couldn’t hold his smile when he saw her pout, ouch damn! Yoon Eunhye always looks cute and adorable. Who can resist her cuteness anyway?

“Mianhe, I’m just kidding” he said sincerely and finally made her smile again.

“Excuse me, here’s your oder” their conversation was disrupted when a waiter came to deliver their orders. “Anything else, sir? Miss?” she asked them alternately then left after Yonghwa and Eunhye shook their heads in unison.

“Why did you invite me here? Nothing to talk about?” he asked as he sipped his tea slowly

“Nothing. I just missed you” Yonghwa almost choked when he heard her answer. “I was surprised when I met Minhyuk at our last meeting, you weren’t there that time, only me and him, and it’s kinda whoaa you know I almost shouted surprisingly when we met” Eunhye told the whole story enthusiastically. She waved her hands here and there as if to explain the whole story in more detail through the hand motions. “Omo, Kang Minhyuk is awsome! I couldn’t believe my eyes that he had grown into a very handsome man now, aigoo” she chuckled.

Yongwa couldn’t help himself to smile seeing her cute action. It’s Yoon eunhye who always moving her hands every time she enthusiastically tells a thing to somebody. The exhilaration of her voice has always been an instrument for his ears. Jung Yonghwa is not a person who likes to talk, nor typical good listener. But somehow he never tired of hearing her babble even for trivial things that are not important. Her cute and adorable behavior that makes him difficult to feel bored. Ouch, you’re totally in trouble, young man!

“Really? So you’re interested with him now?” Yong started to with his devilish smile.

“Yya! I don’t say it, Yong. I just surprised to see his abs, oh seems he already built his body very well. You know, he used to look very thin with his baby face, and now he looks different” She said dreamily imagining Minhyuk in her mind, then suddenly pulled her face closer to him, “He has a girlfriend?”

His smile turned into a burst of laughter, “Waee? You want me to tell him that you like him, huh?” he kept laughing while Eunhye pursed her lips cutely.

“Aniyoo. I've even considered him as my own brother” Then her scowl disappeared and changed back into excited. Typical her. “Eiiyy don’t tell me that you’re jealous, Yong” she back and successfuly vanished his smile. Checkmated, Yong!

“Yya! Yya! Who said that I’m jealous, aissh this kid jinjja!” he just replaced her pouting like a little kid who didn’t buy any candy by their parents while Eunhye was burst into laughter.

“See! Don’t lie, Yong. I can see it thru’ your eyes” Eunhye pointed his eyes and laughed. She looks very happy when she , “Aigoo why you always jealous over your brother, ckck” she still giggled so hard.

“Yya, I’m not! You know, that jerk now is on progress to seduce my sister,” Yonghwa threw his back to lean against the back seat and untie his white shirt.

“Jinjja?! Whoah daebak! Finally they made up, you know I always believe that someday they would come back together. Oh I’m so happy to hear that!” she clapped her hands enthusiastically when she heard about Yong’s lil’ sister.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter