Chapter 17

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sender : Shinhye Unnie

Soojung-ah, tell your oppa I’m not going home tonight. I’ll stay at my parent’s house. I still need time to think about it clearly. I’m sorry for troubling you, dear. I love you, Jungie-ya!

 

Soojung’s phone was almost detached from his grasp. Yonghwa felt like being struck by lightning. He slumped to the floor slowly as if lost all his energy. He covered his mouth when tears began falling down his cheeks. And suddenly, he felt everything seems dark. He felt empty. Empty like he wanted to die …

“Oppa…” Soojung’s ran to catch him. She hugged her brother tightly as tears started to falling down her cheeks. “Gwenchana oppa, gwenchana..” Soojung’s said between her sobs.

“Andwae, she must be here” he said unconciously, “I..I need to pick her up, Jungie-ya” Then he stood and walked stagger outwards.

Soojung immediately grabbed his arm to stop him, “Andwae oppa, andwae…let unnie calm herself first. you both need to think about it wisely. Don’t so rush oppa” She said frightened while her hands kept holding his arm so tight.

Yonghwa insisted to go. He ignored what his sister just said, “No, I need to go there now” but she was still resist his steps. “LET ME GO Soojung-ah!! This is her home and SHE MUST come back here” Yonghwa shouted desperately.

He released her hands roughly and ignored her shouting. All he wanted to do was just taking his car and drive to pick her up. That’s it.

The driver who had just finished cleaning his personal car was really shocked to see his arrival. That was weird. His master usually told him through the intercom to deliver the car to the lobby. But this time, he came straight to the garage with an angry expression.

The driver ran to approach him, “Oh, annyeonghaseyo, sir. Do you want to go somewhere?” he asked as he followed his master from behind. Yonghwa nodded without without breaking stride, “Nde, I’ll prepare the car, sir” he said.

“No need, I’ll drive by myself”

The driver gaped surprisingly, “b-but sir..”

“Give me the car keys!” He half-shouted to the driver, made the young man surprised. He had no choice but grant his wish. He handed the keys to his master doubtfully, while Yonghwa snatched it and rushed to go inside one of his own car. He turned the engine on then immediately pushed the gas pedal to accelerate the car, leaving the driver who was still surprise seeing his sudden act.

Yonghwa drove his car full speed, ignoring the other cars that were honking mad at him. To the left, to the right, he was overtaking each car in front of him with no fear at all. His heart ached. His tears kept streaming down. All the senses of scared, dissapointed, angry and sad mixed into one, made his feelings even worse. He wasn’t sure if he could drive safely to her parent’s house, because his hand felt weak, while his legs kept forcing himself to step on the gas pedal deeper.

 

Tok … tok..

Shinhye was startled when she heard someone was knocking her door. She immediately wiped her tears and smoothed her blouse. Then she reached the door to open it.

“Shinhye-ya,” that was her omma, Shinhye let her in, “Yonghwa comes to pick you up, c’mon dear” Mrs. Park held her palm to persuade her only daughter to go outside.

Shinhye shook her head, “Shirro”

Mrs. Park sighed, she knew her daughter very well. Typical Shinhye, she turned to be stubborn when she felt angry or sad. “Don’t be like this, Shinhye-ya. He’s your husband after all. You need to solve it wisely with him. Eiyy my daughter is a grown woman, aren’t you? Kajja” She tried to drag her, but she insisted to remain on her position.

“Mianhe omma, but I can’t see him now. please leave me alone first, I need time to think about it. Please omma, I’m begging you” Mrs. Park couldn’t ignore those pair of puppy eyes. She could feel what she feel right now. So she decided to let her be.

“Alright, but don’t make him waiting for too long, dear. Omma never teach you to hurt other, especially to your own husband” She said as she rubbed her cheek lovingly.

Shinhye nodded her head, “Nde omma, gomawo”

Shinhye let out a heavy sigh when Mrs. Park already left. She felt guilty. She felt sad. She felt like she wanted to run out of the room and hugged him so tight. She missed him. But deep inside her heart, she wasn’t ready to do that. She felt afraid if she would get another surprise. She wont be hurt anymore.

“Mianhe, yongie-ya. Jinjja mianhe..” tears were back streaming down her cheeks like a water fall.

 

Meanwhile, Yonghwa stood when he saw his mother-in-law appearance. “Mianhe Yonghwa-ya, I tried to persuade my daughter to come outside, but she refused me” Mrs. Park inhaled as waiting for his response. She felt guilty when she saw his face expression turned sad, “I’m really sorry son, but I think it would be better if both of you calm yourself first” Mrs. Park approached him and held his palm.

Yonghwa lowered his head sadly. “My wife was right son, you know Shinhye very well. Come back tomorrow, hopefully her anger is gone” and now Mr. park who said it.

Yonghwa nodded his head, “Ye aboji. Gumapta”

“I will always try to convience her. Don’t ever give up if you really love her, Yonghwa-ya. I know my daughter is still love you, but now she just needs time to calm herself” She comforted him once again.

“Nde, nega ara ommoni, gumapta” he forced his mouth to form a smile. “I’ll leave first. I’m sorry for troubling you aboji, ommoni” He excused himself to leave as his parent-in-law nodded in unison.

“Please drive safely, dear” Mrs. Park hugged him before letting him go.

“Nde ommoni, and please take care of her for me” He said sincerely, made the old lady smile and nodded her head. “Annyeong” then he left the house with a weak smile from the elders.

 

It’s important to all couples to spend a little time apart. It lets you know how important and irreplaceable your partner truly is – Tina Fisher.

 

Wall clock is shown at 1 am, but Shinhye still wasn’t able to sleep. She finally gave up to force her eyes to close. She took her cell phone then turned it on. Her cell phone dead due to running out of battery.

10 missed calls

5 incoming messages

And all of him

Shinhye stood and walked towards the bay window. She sat facing the window as her hand was scroling down her phone screen. She checked the messages one by one.

 

Where are you yeobo-ya? Call me now

-

Shinhye please let me know where you are, I’ll pick you up

-

You want to die, huh? Don’t you know what time it is?!

-

Shinhye wiped her tears repeatedly, but useless because it wont stop no matter how hard she tried to wipe it away.

-

Jung Shinhye where are you? please stop making me crazy, please come back home now

-

And her tears increasingly heavy when she saw the last message from him

-

I know you’ll not pick up the phone nor replying my message. Shinhye-ya I’m sorry. I regret it all. For this time, please believe me that I never loved anyone but you. I accept if you were mad at me and don’t want to see me. But please don’t you ever stop loving me, because I don’t know how to live without you. I hope you can forgive me and return to our home. I miss you my dearest wife, I really am.

 

“I miss you too, yong. I really miss you” She said between her sobs. She felt like she wanted to die because of missing him. she wanted to hug him so bad.

 

 

Portabela Café, 3 pm

“I’m sorry for bothering you, noona” Kang Minhyuk asked an apology to Yoon Eunhye when he and Soojung met her at one of the best mexican café in Cheongdamdong that afternoon. Soojung told him about her dongsaeng, she called Minhyuk and cried so hard last night. It hurts him as well, as if he could feel what she felt. So, he finally asked his best friend’s ex-girlfriend to meet, along with Soojung. In the hope they could help Jung couple to resolve their problems and reunite them both.

Eunhye smiled happily towards them, “Aniyo Minhyuk-ah. You know, I’m really happy to see you guys, especially you are my little dongsaeng” She stared brightly towards Soojung, “Aigoo you already grown up, Jungie-ya” She chuckled while Soojung could only smile shyly.

“Gomawo unnie, you too looks more pretty” She replied sincerely.

Eunhye laughed, “Thank you dear. Okay, let me know what can I do for you, oh?”

Eunhye initially assumed that they would ask her to ask the help of the blessing of her brother, but her smile vanished when she heard him say, “I’m begging you to stay away from Yonghwa hyung, noona” Minhyuk said seriously.

She stunned in surprise. “W-what are you saying, huh?” and her gesture turned to nervous.

Minyuk cleared his throat and smoothed his seat position, “I’m sorry noona, I need to tell you that they are now being fought over you. Shinhye noona was angry with hyung for lying and hiding yourself”

Eunhye clucked in annoyance and rolled her eyes, “It’s not my bussiness anyway. That was his fault” Eunhye lifted her chin and threw her gaze everwhere, avoiding their eyes.

Soojung clenched her palm under the table, “But it all because of you, unnie. Why did you show up again after oppa managed to forget you?” Eunhye was startled when she heard those harsh words came out from Soojung. She looks angry. “You didn’t know how hard oppa tried to forget you, unnie!. He did, Oppa finally could forget you when he met Shinhye unnie. She helped oppa to treat his wounds while you were gone” Soojung almost lost control when uttered those sentences. Her eyes full of lust.

Eunhye was freezing in her position, “Soojung-ah..” and Minhyuk tried to calm her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter