Chapter 25

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, I’m done” Shinhye muttered as she applied lip oil on her lips as the last touch, completing her light make up that morning. She looks pretty, as always. Not only because of the make up that she put on, but her face indeed look more brighter and stunning, seemed to exude an aura that makes her face look more beautiful.

She left the dresser then stood in front of the mirror which covering some walls in the wardrobe, once again checked her white floral maxi dress that hidden behind a baby blue cardigan. It has been almost thirty minutes she stood in front of the mirror as she put make up and smoothed her dress repeteadly. It was rare sight actually since she only use her make up stuffs for special occasions that require herself to look perfect. While for everyday appearance, she wore only moisturizer, face powder and lip balm to keep her lips moist. That’s it, no more no less.

“You already look pretty anyway” Shinhye gasped when she felt someone back hugged her from behind, and immediately recognized him just to hear his voice and distinctive smell of his perfume – her husband. “Aigoo I kinda surprise to see you so excited to dressed up beautifully like this, wae?”

Shinhye smiled as she leaned back her head onto his chest. “I don’t know either. I just want to look pretty, that’s it” She honest.

Yonghwa nodded his head, “Umh that’s good. I love to see you like this. Feminine and beautiful” he kissed her left cheek when he just finished the last word as evidence.

But unexpectedly Shinhye instead pursed her lips annoyed, “Does it means I’m not beautiful back then?” She then released his hands without his permission and got away from him, made him confuse by her sudden act.

“W-wae? No, I mean I don’t meant to say that you look ugly back th-“

“What?!! Ugly? Did you say that I’m ugly?” Shinhye almost shouted annoyingly as she widen her eyes in disbelief. Oh my God, Yonghwa even didn’t finish his sentence yet but she already cut it off impolitely.

Yonghwa scratched his hair desperately, he didn’t know what’s wrong with his wife. He had just praised her beauty, and she looks fine. But why split second later she became very angry and shouted like crazy? Geez, he even didn’t know what’s his mistake. “Yeobo-ya, listen to me. I don’t meant to say like that to you. I said that you looks prettier and I’m so glad to see you dress up like this, I really am”

Shinhye blinked her eyes repeteadly as she looked back herself in front of the mirror, “Really?”
Yonghwa nodded, then carefully tapped her shoulders from behind. “Umh, indeed you’re so beautiful, baby”

“But I look very fat, yong. Even some of my favorite clothes no longer fit in my body” She said in a sad tone while her face expression turned gloomy.

Yonghwa back hugged her once again, “Eiyy you’re pregnant, Shin. That's why your body also changed to match the development of our baby. Don’t worry dear, you actually look more and more beautiful”

Shinhye still wasn’t confident, “really?”

“Umh, I a hundred percent sure to say that you look prettier these days” Shinhye turned her body to hug her husband tightly. She felt relieve to hear that comfort words from him. Somehow she lost her confidence when her body turned to be fat for each day, but strangely, she also felt pretty at the same time, gosh! that’s so frustrating.

“So sorry, yong, I upset you suddenly. I didn’t mean it, I'm just confused on my physical condition and yeah, my emotions is easily provoked. I'm sorry”

Yonghwa tightened his arms and kissed her hair deeply, “Never mind, dear. I know you very well and I know it’s not you who want upset to me, so it’s okay”

Shinhye felt so relieved knowing that her husband could understand her. She didn’t know what if she didn’t married a man like him, maybe he wouldn’t ever accept her as patient as him. She is indeed so lucky to have him as a partner of life.

“Should we go now? Doctor Jaehyun won’t wait for us anyway” He said when he broke the hug and face him with his most soft and sweet stare at her. Shinhye nodded her head, then grabbed her bag to go with her husband to visit the hospital for monthly check up.

 

 

Seoul International Hospital

“What liquid? What color is it?” Jaehyun’s expression suddenly turned tense when Shinhye just informed him that lately there is a bit viscous liquids in her .

“Dark brown, or maybe dark red? I’m not sure..” Of course his expression affect her so much, because Shinhye was so nervous when answering his question.

Meanwhile, Jaehyun closed his eyes, inhaled and exhaled a long breath before continue to talk. “Well I must say that’s a bad sign, Shin. That is obviously flecks. It usually appears if there’s a problem in pregnancy that also affects the baby. Can be caused by accidents or tired mothers”

“W-what does it means?” Yonghwa stammered as he felt really frightened hearing his explanation.

Jaehyun exhaled heavely, “The worst effect is a miscarriage. You could lose your baby if it is more and more and changed into fresh blood”. Yonghwa and Shinhye went stiff as if they had just heard the verdict of the most deadly diseases. “I’m sorry Shin for telling you this, but you must know. Well, did you by any chance got an accident or maybe feel so tired lately?” He tried to observe her.

Shinhye shook her head slowly, “No, I didn’t”

“Well, then you need bed rest and stop doing activities that will drain your energy for a while, oh?” He said as he wrote something onto her record health book.

“But how’s our baby, Jaehyun-ssi?” Yonghwa asked worried.

Jaehyun stood and invited the Jung couple to walked towards the examination bed, “Let’s check the baby first” he gave a sign to the nurse to prepare some stuffs like probe, etc and closed the curtain. “This time I’ll use 4D USG to know your baby’s condition. I need to see it more clearly than before, is it okay?” he asked for their permission before took the examination.

“Anything you want” Yonghwa seriously said.

There was something different from the previous checks. He a tool that resembles a radio first then attach the wires like heart rate recording devices in her stomach surface. “What is it Jaehyun-ah? Is that hurt?” Shinhye frightened.

“It’s okay, Shin-ah. It called CTG, heart rate recording devices. I want to know whether your baby's heartbeat was beating normally” Then a few seconds later the room filled with the sound of beating heart that beat fast enough and regularly. For the first time they heard their child's heartbeat and they look very amazed and touched by.

“Is t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter