Chapter 8

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling

If we're drinking, then I'm buying

And I know there's no denying

It's a beautiful day, the sun is up, the music's playing

And even if it started raining

You won't hear this boy complaining

'Cause I'm glad that you're the one who got away

It's a beautiful day

(Michael Bubble, It’s a beautiful day)

 

 

PLOK!

Yonghwa groaned in annoyance as he felt his cheeks had been hit by something, or pehaps someone to be exact. He was still so sleepy because lack of sleep. It was the first time he felt the difficulty of being a new parent. Last night, he and his wife had to stay up all night long to calm baby Eunjin who woke for several times and cried. Either because of she was thirsty or had a night mare, but for sure her cries sounded extremely loud and made them successful panic. Yonghwa and Shinhye had to carry the baby alternately. If one of them was holding the baby, then the other was in charge of preparing the milk formula, and vice versa.

They look such a good team. They proved that they’re ready to have a child although it was so obvious that Yonghwa was so shocked by the ‘night activity’ that he had never ever experienced before. It reminded him of Jonghyun who ever denied his statement of “I can’t wait to undergo a new role as a father, it must be soo nice!”. That time, Jonghyun told him about his bad luck because he had to awake all night long because he had to hold the fussy Eunjin and had to work in the next morning. It even worst because he also had to face his grumpy and super sensitive wife, Im Yoona. Oh such a nightmare! Jung Yonghwa could only smirk in surrender. So it’s my turn, Jongie-ya! I feel you now – he said in his mind. So here he was, sleeping like a dead man with pair of eyes like a zombie on his comfortable bed.

Yonghwa opened his eyes lazily. He was just about to yell angry because someone had been wake him until he saw a little cute baby was sitting right beside him. She was smiling brightly to him and successful to vanished his anger. He instead of smiling back at her as he rubbed her chubby cheeks lovingly.

“Eunjin-ah, you already awake? Where’s aunty, huh?” He asked for Shinhye while the baby could only stare him with those sparkle pair or eyes.

Yonghwa removed the blanket which covered his half- body then got up lazily. He scanned the entire room to find the-lost-mommy but still couldn’t find her anywhere. He frowned as he wore the pajamas. Then lifted Eunjin in his arms. “Let’s find her” he said then kissed her cheek.

 

 

“Hey dear, you awake?” Shinhye said when she saw her beloved husband appeared with Eunjin in his arms. Oh dear, for God’s sake, for her there’s nothing more delightful than seeing a rare sight this morning; a handsome man with his overload iness was holding a gorgeous baby in his arms. Seriously, she didn’t ask for anything more than that. For Jung Shinhye, it was already much more than enough to make her happy.

Yonghwa back hugged her with his other free hand, “Good morning, baby” and slightly kissed her cheek. inhaled her favorite scent of vanilla joyfully.

Shinhye giggled in pleasure, “Morning, have you sleep well?” she smiled as she poured the orange juice into the glass for them.

Yonghwa shook his head and sighed heavily, “Nope!. I even still sleepy, but this little princess had awaken me by slapping my cheek. Aigoo you’re so rude, young lady” he chuckled when he talked to Eunjin who was busy playing with her doll.

 “Appa” her soft voice that still sounding a bit slurred successful to make Shinhye smiled in amusement.

“Ahh good girl” she ruffled her hair.

“What’s good? She even still call me ‘appa’. Am I looked very similar to her father, huh? Cih! Obviously I’m so much handsome than Jongie!” Yongie nagged every time he heard baby Eunjin was calling him ‘appa’. Aigoo so childish!

Shinhye couldn’t hold her smile when she saw her husband acted so childish even in front of the baby, “Yya, she’s still a baby, Yong. She can’t even fully recognize anyone around her. Aigoo what do you expect, huh?” she chuckled as she followed Yongie to the living room.

Yonghwa intentionally put Eunjin on the rug, so she could freely play with so many toys that have been prepared there. Yonghwa still pouted even though he felt kinda warm feeling inside his heart, secretly he actually liked his new calling but too shy to express it. He knew his mischievous anae would to the death, so he chose to be silent.

Lee Eunjin rushed to play lego and the other baby stuffs while the Jung couple was sitting side by side on a comfortable couch. Yonghwa was circling his arm on her shoulder, while her wife lazily  leaned on his chest.

“What we’re gonna do today?” he asked nonchalantly as he changed the tv channel randomly. Shinye just shook her head as an answer, she was too busy reading the article about ‘how to get pregnant in a month’ in ‘Baby and I’ magazine that has been the last two years she bought routinely. “What about swimming?” Yonghwa suggested.

Shinhye raised her head with a bright smile on her face “Aha! Such a good idea” she snapped her fingers to express her delightful. “Let’s go outside, how about amusement park?” She became more enthustiastic than him.

“Mwo? Yya Yya.. I didn’t  say we would go outside, we can swim here, I mean in our own house” Yongie was about to complain, but he knew he would never win over his wife, she’s so unbeatable sometimes.

“No! We should go outside, Yong. Look, the weather is so bright. It would be so nice to bring Eunjin to swim in a crowd that might stimulate her to socialize well. The atmosphere would be different if we just swam here, Yongie-ya” She said enthustiastic and spoiled at once. She really knew how to melt her husband’s heart. “Yongie, pleaseee” she begged as she started to give her best puppy eyes that never failed to made him grant her wishes.

Yonghwa let out a heavy sigh, “Alright” he gave up, of course he should let her win against him. That’s what a husband for.

 

That’s what a husband for, to give happiness to his wife.

 

It might sound cynical or maybe unfair, but it's true. A good husband would never ever have the heart to let his wife sad, he would do many various ways to make his beloved one smile in happiness. And Jung Yonghwa just did it to his beloved wife.

Shinhye screamed of happiness. she kissed his right cheek and jump like a little kid. Yonghwa just chuckled seeing her stupid act while Eunjin said “Eomma” with her cute expression.

She lifted the baby and hugged her so tight, “Yes baby, we’re gonna swimming outside today, yeay!” yeah she was still dancing like crazy with Eunjin in her arms. “You know, he’s the best appa in the world” She said carelessly as she looked at Yongie who was still massaging his temple because suddenly got headache. She didn’t care about the call that uttered by Eunjin just now, because she was too excited to hear their picnic plans that day. Besides, she really liked the new call given by her and secretly wished that Eunjin would be calling her like that forever.

“Alright, Yong” finally she got her sense’s back, “Please help me to change her diapers while I’ll prepare her spare clothes and also the milk bottles” Shinhye handed Eunjin to her husband while he was gaped in a blank expression.

“Changing,- what?!! Omo!, why don’t you ask the nurse to help you, dear?? You know, I never did it before” he frowned desperately. For God’s sake he never ever did what just she said before, Changing baby diaper? Oh please, the only thing that he ever did for his whole life was changing his wife’s dress, or maybe undress her, hell yeah!

Shinhye clucked in annoyance, “You-open-her-diaper” she held Eunjin’s to demonstrate how to change her diaper correctly, “then change it with the new one. After that, you should put back her dress, ahrasso?” She said in a sweet voice but pierced him with a threatening stare of "beware – if – you – dare – to – refuse"

He gulped, “Arraseo, yeobo” Yonghwa had no other choice but to nod her resignedly, and secretly wished Eunjin could cooperate well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter