Chapter 16

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Shinhye felt very wistful these days. The situation between her and Yonghwa didn’t improve yet, or maybe getting worse. They still sleep separately even though Yonghwa had repeatedly begged forgiveness and asked her to go back to sleep together, but she still refuse it. Not only separate bed, she even chose to drive her own car rather than being in the same car with him. She no longer cooks. She even often come home late at night on the grounds of overtime in order to avoid a conversation with her ​​husband.

Things even got worse when Shinhye accidentally found his cell phone left behind on their bedroom dresser that morning. She was initially hesitant, but finally decided peering into his cell phone, especially all incoming messages. And again, she was burst into tears when she found the name of Yoon Eunhye as a sender of dozens of incoming messages that fulfill his inbox.

 

Sender : Yoon Eunhye

Are you busy? Can we meet tomorrow?

-

She scrolled down the screen to see the next message while tears kept streaming down her cheeks

-

Sender : Yoon Eunhye

Why don’t you pick my phone, Yong? Is your wife around you now? Paili Call me back if she’s away!

-

Sender : Yoon Eunhye

I'm glad to hear you call me pooh again, love you yong!

-

And again..she kept scrolling down the screen even though her heart feels really hurt.

-

Sender : Yoon Eunhye

Thanks for drove me home. Sorry for troubling you and make you come home late at night, your wife must be very worried. Hehe mian :D

 

Shinhye couldn't bear any longer to hold back her tears. No, she’s not that strong. In fact she was just a woman who easily fragile, especially when it comes to matters of heart and betrayal. She drowned her face between her palms and burst into tears while the phone which she held’d been detached and fell to the floor. She was very hurt. Feels like she didn’t want to believe what she had just seen, she didn’t believe that her husband has betrayed her.

Shinhye unconciously swept the dressing table with her hands roughly, so that all things that above it fell to the floor, including a frame of herself and Yonghwa in the wedding dress at the day of their wedding ceremony. The picture also fell and its glass broke into pieces. Just like her heart, Yonghwa just broke her heart into pieces. He broke his vow, he let his wife drowned into misery. Shinhye cried even louder. She squeezed her sleeveless blouse on the chest as if it could reduce her pain.

“Andwae..” She muttered between her sobs. Her mind run to the shadow of her husband’s face. No, she couldn’t imagine she lost him. She’s really love him, and she’s not ready yet to lose him.

 

Jung Family House, 5 pm

“Where’s my wife?” He asked to one of the maid who appear to help him carrying his bag.

The maid lowered her head while answering him, “Madam away from this afternoon, sir”

Yongha frowned in confusion and titled his head, “Where? With who?”

“Excuse me, sir, I don’t know where she goes. Madam went alone with her car”

Yonghwa loosen his tie to give a better access for him to breathe. He was really clueless about his wife. “Soojung?” he asked about his sister.

The maid lifted her thumb to pointed her young lady’s room upstairs, “Young lady is in her room, sir”

Yonghwa catch a glimpse to his sister’s room and thank her, “Thank you. oh please put my bag in my office room” He ordered before went upstairs towards his own room.

“Nde, sir” She nodded obidiently then rushed to go to his office room.

 

Yonghwa reached into his suit pocket to take his cell phone. Ah, he realized that he forgot to bring it today. He remembered the last time he saw it, he put it on the dresser. So, he rushed to go inside the bedroom to grab his cell phone and calling his wife.

“What is it?” He was shocked when he saw the room was really messy. He approached the dresser. He took all stuffs that fell off and put it back on the table. He took the broken picture and stared it with teary eyes. He didn’t know why his heart felt hurt when he found it broken. He put the frame on the table then grabbed his phone which cluttered on the floor. He didn’t know what just happened, but he was so sure that Shinhye saw something that made her so mad like this. He heavily exhaled.

He was startled when he felt someone’s hand tapping on his shoulder, “Unnie went with face full of tears, waeyo oppa?” Soojung asked her brother with a soft tone. She knew her oppa was having a hard time, made her feel like comfort him.

“Molla. She didn’t contact me” He sighed, “As you know, your unnie didn’t talk to me these days” he lowered his head to hide the tears which already fell down his cheeks.

“Unnie must be have a reason, oppa. Be strong, don’t ever let her go. She’s too precious to let go” She said wholeheartedly.

“I know, but what can I do, Soojungie? She always refuse me, ignoring me. She never give me a chance to tell it all” Yonghwa was very frustrated. He burried his face between his palms then combed his hair roughly.

While Soojung sighed cluelessly. “Talk with her. Don’t give up. I’m sure she will listen to you, she’s still your wife afterall”

Yonghwa tapped her palm which still put on his shoulder, “Gomawo Soojungie, Nde I will. I will never give up on her”

Soojung smiled, “Call me whenever you need me, oppa. I’ll always be there for both of you” then she circling her hands around his neck and hugged him tight, “You know I love you guys, please stop fighting” She said between her soft sobs.

Yonghwa squeezed her arms, “Mianhe dongsaeng for making you sad, jinjja mianhe”

 

 

Skies are crying, I am watching

Catching tear drops in my hands

Only silence as it's ending

Like we never had a chance

Do you have to make me feel like

There's nothing left of me?

(Demi Lovato, Skyscraper)

 

The cold wind that blows softly her swollen face. Shinhye chose the Han river as a place to escape. She didn’t know where to go. The relationship between herself and Yoona didn’t improve yet. She still couldn’t forgive her, oh no, maybe in fact deep inside her heart, she had forgiven her best friend, only she didn’t know how to start a conversation with her after almost a week they didn’t say hello. After all, Shinhye was on leave that day. She wasn’t feeling well and she thought it was because of her lack of sleep lately.

She spread her eyes around and saw several pairs of lovers making out. Some of them didn’t even ashamed to show affection by kissing in public.

Cih! She snorted jealous over that scene. The scene reminded her of how soft Yonghwa’s lips and yeah she missed him so much. Suddenly she remembered the moment of their honeymoon in Bali two weeks ago. When they were still happy. Without she realized, tears began to fall down her cheeks when she recall the memory between herself and Yonghwa, about the intimacy they’ve done happily. Hugging on the middle of the ocean. Making love in the pool, and myrad of other beautiful moments that just makes her more devastated.

She hugged both of her legs and burried her face between her thighs. Again, she cried bitterly when remembering the happy moment and the saddest moment of Eunhye alternately. Oh Gosh! It was successfully drive her more insane. Poor you, shinhye-ya..

 

< Flashback >

“Oh Yonghwa-ssi, you came!” Yoona squealed in delight when she saw him coming with her handsome boyfriend, Lee Jonghyun.

Yonghwa nodded politely, “Annyeonghaseyo Yoona-ssi”

Yoona catch a glimpse towards Jonghyun and smiled in relief, “Come inside, please make yourself comfortable, Yonghwa-ssi” She dragged along Jonghyun and automatically made Yonghwa followed the couple from behind.

Jung Yonghwa turned to be a loner after dumped by his girlfriend, Yoon Eunhye. He used to spend his preci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter