Chapter 18

Wishing for a baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

< Flashback >

"If I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life" – Richard Gere in Runaway Bride

That day was their first anniversary. One year had passed since Yonghwa declared his love for the one who he really loved, Park Shinhye. Silly, stupid and in a unique way. She finally admitted that she loved him. And since that day, they ended their friendship and replace it with a sweet romantic relationship. The days of quarrels turned into a full day of love. Yonghwa never passed a single day to kiss his lover with a gentle and sweet manner. One year passed, and finally led them to a more serious stage.

That night, the cold air of spring didn’t hamper her to perform perfectly in front of him. She looks damn gorgeous in a knee-length pink dress that exposes a pair of her skinny legs. While the man was wearing a white shirt and overlaid with semi-formal blazer. He terribly looks handsome, succeeded to catch every girl’s attention. That night, Yonghwa asked her to go for a celebration dinner in the highest point in Seoul, Namsan Tower.

But unfortunately, the dinner weren’t going according to her wishes. Park Shinhye was actually wishing him to.. umh propose her in a sweet and romantic way. But he didn’t. They kept talking like normal days, like it wasn’t their special night. Yonghwa threated her like a he used to be, nothing special. No ring, no violinist who plays a romantic song, and he also didn’t kneel while saying 'will you marry me' as she often seen on television. Oh poor you girl, She expected it too much since her best friend, Im Yoona gave her a strange signal the day before, all day long. She didn’t usually by calling “Hey, Mrs. Jung-to-be” and she also asked her opinion about what kind of romantic moment that she wanted the most if someday her boyfriend proposed her. And that fact finally made her think that Yonghwa was going to propose her right in their 1st anniversary dinner.

“You’re done?” Yonghwa asked her as he wiped the corner of his lips with a napkin politely.

Shinhye was startled, “What does it mean? He doesn’t mean to propose me, isn’t he?, oh jebal!” She hissed in mind while pouted her lips. She kept playing with a spoon and didn’t realized that the sweetest smile already plastered on his handsome face.

“Wae? You want some more? Ice cream maybe?” He offered, didn’t understand what she truly wanted.

Shinhye shook her head slowly, “Ani, I’m done”

“Okay then, let’s go home. It’s already night, I don’t wanna hear your daddy scold me” he grinned, then lifted his hand to ask the waiter to send the bill.

 

 

An hour later, they arrived in front of a house that they had never visited before. The two-story house looks very large and majestic wrapped in white paint while some walls covered by wood panels. The contemporary ornaments detail on the facade clearly implies that the house is a luxury home.

"This.. house whom?" Shinhye asked as Yonghwa when his car just arrived at the porch. Yonghwa came out and walked aside to open the passanger seat door.

“You’ll see, kajja!” then he held her palm and walked inside the house.

Shinhye gawked in amazement when entering the house. In line with its façade appearance, the interior design of the house looks stunning with the dominance of monochromatic colors like white and gray, but indirect lighting that is used successfully to make the atmosphere of the room was warm. She observed every corner of the room with gaping mouth, impressed by the beauty of the interior house.

“Yya, yongie-ya, paili answer me. This house belongs to who? Why so quiet? Where’s the owner?” She bombarded him with those questions without breaking her sight.

Yonghwa smiled amused, but he instead covered her eyes with his palms rather than answer her, made her more surprised. “You’ll know in a minute, come with me” Then he guided her walked towards somewhere outside.

“Yya! Don’t play with me, I’m not interested to join you. Yya! Jung Yonghwa let me go!” She protested him and tried to release his grip. But useless, Yonghwa was too strong.

“Welcome to our house, dear” Yonghwa said when he released his hands. He emphasized the word of “our” to inform her that they were being in their own house – future house.

Shinhye increasingly jaw dropped when she saw the scenery in front of her. A row of white candles spread out in front of them, forming a straight line as a guide for them reaching a round table in the middle of the garden. Yeah, they were in a beautiful and fancy garden that filled with so many flowers and trees. The atmosphere even more romantic due to the dim glow of the park lights that is mounted in every corner. Shinhye covered by her palms to hide her amazement. Her eyes felt teary.

“You kidding me, babe” She murmured, still with shocking expression.

Shinhye followed him without a word to pass the candles towards the round table. They stopped at the end where the last candle was. Then Yonghwa pulled something out of his blazer pocket, something like a black velvet box. He held her palm, then suddenly knelt in front of her and opened a small box which she believed as a ring box. Shinhye covered with both palms, too shocked with surprise he just gave.

“Shinhye-ya, This may not suit all your dreams at all. You know, I'm not a romantic person. I don’t know what to do to give the best moment for you. I even had to memorize repeatedly some sweet words that have been planned to tell you, but I failed. So… I decided to tell you what it is.” He paused to manage his breath. He was terribly nervous. His hands even felt shaking.

“Shinhye-ya, my dearest Park Shinhye, in this lovely night, I want to ask you to be a part of my life. To be be someone who can share happiness and sadness, and being half of me forever. Park Shinhye, will you marry me?”

Awwww what a romantic person you are, Yongie-ya … you even succeeded to make her cry in happiness.

Shinhye shed her tears when she slowly nodded her head. She felt happiness radiated through her pretty face. Yonghwa stood and lifted her palm. Then he slowly attached a ring of white gold studded with gem on her finger. He kissed it wholeheartedly. “Thank you my dear, saranghae” then he landed his soft lips on hers. Their lips met and melt into one in a sweet manner.

“Are you really sure?” She asked as she broke the kiss.

Yonghwa nodded, “To marry you? without any doubt. I found the figure of my dream wife in you. I love every single part of you and I want you to be mine forever”

Shinhye still was lulled by the sweet words he said. “Jinjja? What about your parents? They know about this?”

“U

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter