n i n e

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LuHan lied. Yesterday was his birthday. She wouldn't know it until she saw his I.D when she was cleaning his room. She wondered why he'd lie, though. It slipped from his mouth, alright but he took it back making her believed that he was again making fun of her. How can he do this to her? He should've told her so she can give something, a gift maybe, to him. Remembering how impossible that man was, she wrinkled her nose.

 

But now, she knew the truth. So what should she do?

 

She glanced at her wrist watch. Frankly, there was no time to bake a cake for him. Any moment from now, he'll surely be back from his morning jog. "Ugh! That jerk. Why did he have to make it this hard?" She mumbled as she went straight to the kitchen. Instead of making a cake, she decided to make pancakes as a substitute. As she was making it, she heard the front door closed and seconds later LuHan appeared in the kitchen sweating and panting.

 

She was about to yell at him for tricking her about his birthday but he was talking to someone on the phone so she just shut for a while. You are so dead LuHan, you'll see! She gritted in teeth as she shot dagger looks towards his way. In return, LuHan raised his eyebrow without cutting the phone call.

 

"Yeah, dude, I know..." He muttered through the phone. "No, I refuse. You can't do that to me. No, I won't come. I didn't ask you to organize a party for me... I don't care..." He looked at her through his lashes and smirked at her. She rolled her eyes. She had no idea what he was talking about nor whom he was talking to. Nope, she wasn't interested at all.

 

Finally, he ended the call. But the moment he put his phone on the counter top, it rang again. "Oh, man! Can they just stop calling me?" He complained, but still answered the call anyway. He's weird. "Yeah? Dude, I know. Everyone's calling me since early in the morning... Congratulations? Ha-ha! Oh, that. Yes, JinAe... She's really—haha!"

 

Her jaw dropped. Did he just mention her name? Oh no, he didn't!

 

Without any moment of thinking, she took her house slipper and threw it towards his face but LuHan moved so fast and avoided the slipper. Unsatisfied for not being able to hit him, she took her other slipper and threw it to him. This time, she did hit him on the face.

 

"Ha-ha! Bullseye!" She cheered for herself. But unfortunately LuHan just won't let her go with it. She ran for her life but LuHan caught her wrist and turned her around. This caused her to hit her upper back against the fridge's handle. "Ow!" She yelped. LuHan looked at her worriedly.

 

"Sorry, bro, Gotta go." He muttered on the phone before cutting the call. "Are you alright? Does it hurt?" He asked her.

 

She glared. "Of course, it does." Plus the fact that she's been experiencing upper back pain lately because of her awkward position in sleeping.

 

"I'm sorry." He said. She swore she could detect the genuinity in his voice. "Let me give that a massage." All of a sudden, he caught her hand and pulled her with him. JinAe could feel that electrifying heat when he held her hand. But he immediately let go, as if he had felt it too. Though, she couldn't really see the reaction on his face because he wasn't looking at her.

 

He took her to the couch, her back on him. "Why didn't you tell me your birthday was yesterday?" She asked him the moment he started massaging her, her voice were accusing.

 

"How'd you know? Are you sneaking through my stuff?"

 

"I just happened to see your I.D when I was cleaning your room. But it doesn't matter. You lied to me!" She said but he just snorted like it wasn't really a big deal. Not long since he started giving her a massage, specifically on her upper back where she had felt the pain, his phone rang again.

 

He groaned. "Can they just stop?" He said, taking some small short breaths like he still haven't recovered from his morning jog.

 

"Then don't answer the freaking call." She told him.

 

He sighed. "Can't do that unfortunately." He replied. "Yeah, bro? What's up? Don't tell me you called just to ask me about JinAe? Yup, I knew it... Everyone's calling me ever since this morning to confirm it... I sound like a broken record already..."

 

The hair on her nape went straight up. So that was why he couldn't seem to let go of his phone from his ear. Because she wasn't picking up a single call from their high school classmates, now they're attacking LuHan. Poor him.

 

JinAe could no longer feel any pressure from LuHan's one-hand massage and it wasn't even helping anymore. "LuHan, do it harder please. Ahh yes, right there. Harder." She closed her eyes, feeling his deep massage when he suddenly stopped. He was looking at her like she'd just made a fool out of herself. "What?" She asked him when she looked at him over her shoulder. But she was aware of that hidden grin from the corner of his lips.

 

LuHan heaved a loud sigh. This time, the grin on his lips was now visible. He looked somewhat amused or something. "Mark hung up on me because he thinks we're having...." He trailed off, only to grin wider.

 

She blinked. "He thinks we're having what?"

 

"."

 

She gasped, the same moment her eyes widened in mortification. "What?"

 

"You said 'LuHan, do it harder please. Ahh yes, right there. Harder'..." He said, mimicking her exact voice when she said that. "...and you can connect the dots from there."

 

She had never felt so embarrassed in her entire life until now. "Oh my God!" She covered her face with her palms, the same moment LuHan burst into laughter. She could feel her cheeks burning hot. Worse, he didn't seem bothered by it. If the ground would just open up and drag her six feet beneath the ground, she would be very grateful.

 

 

She swore she'd sue LuHan for kidnapping. He dragged her out of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter