f i v e

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JinAe was sure as hell it was Han Youngmi who spread the malicious rumor about her and LuHan dating because she got several texts from her high school friends ever since they bumped into Youngmi at the fast-food chain. Last night, she didn't just get lots of messages but phone calls as well. All of them were being ignored. No replied were being sent nor the phone calls being answered.

 

They were even bothering her today.

 

Great. Just great.

 

"What's with that frown?" LuHan asked her as he walked towards her. She looked at him the same moment he picked the bottled water up and drink from it. He looked at her through his lashes. "Someone's pissing you off?" He said as he traveled his eyes down on her phone.

 

She sighed as she tossed her phone inside her back. "Did anyone of our high school classmates pissed you off since last night?"

 

He looked confused.

 

She blinked. "I mean, like, calling you or sending you messages almost every ten minutes?"

 

He frowned. "I don't know what you're talking about."

 

Her jaw dropped. "So it's just me? Ugh! Why can't they just leave me alone? Don't they have a life of their own? Why do they keep on bothering me?" She complained exasperatedly and slumped on the leather couch behind her. She could swear her eyebrows were already forming a straight line on her forehead. Like an ugly unibrow. Her phone vibrated once again and she let out an annoyed groan.

 

Snickering, LuHan sat beside her. "Why are they bothering you? Maybe you've got an unpaid debt?"

 

She looked at him like he'd grown a nose on his forehead. "I don't have any debts."

 

"Then why are they bothering you?" He asked again.

 

She gritted her teeth. "This is Youngmi's fault. I know she's the one who spread the rumor that we're dating. I mean, there's no other person—"

 

"Hold it!" LuHan cut her off. "What?"

 

JinAe bit her lower lip. She shouldn't have babbled like an idiot. "Um..." She wanted to take her words back but she knew she couldn't. He heard everything. She gulped. "Y-You heard it right. Youngmi...I think she told everyone that we're...we're dating. Remember that day we bumped into her? She thought we were having a date so I'm sure she told everyone about it. I've been getting a lot of messages since last night asking me to confirm it. I'm sure as hell no one will believe me if I'll do the talking, so can you please do it instead?" She asked him, hoping he'll say yes. But it didn't happen. Instead, he leaned back coolly and shrugged.

 

"Just let them think that we're dating—"

 

"Are you out of your mind?!" Her voice was loud enough to make the staff turned their heads to them, They were in another photoshoot but it was already done. JinAe looked at him, ready to knock his head unto the wall. "Did you hear yourself? No, we can't just let them think of us that way. First of all, it isn't true."

 

LuHan sighed as he stood up, pulling the bag at the same time and hanging it over his shoulder. "Are you done talking? If yes, can we grab something to eat now? I'm hungry." He said.

 

She stood up and caught up with him. "Seriously, LuHan. Help me with this."

 

"Why don't you tell them yourself?"

 

"I told you, they won't believe me. Especially the girls." She told him. "You can tell them that we just bumped each other that day and we decided to share a table."

 

He laughed as he stopped walking and faced her. His eyes were twinkling with laughter. "They will not believe me either. How sure I am? Well, kindly look back five years ago, You and I were not friends. So now we're suddenly friends? Hah! It's kinda hard to believe, you know. Unless if you want me to tell them the truth."

 

"No, no, no, please don't." She said in panic. "Can y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter