e i g h t

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JinAe almost spit the coffee out from when she spotted Kang Soojin, one of her high school friends who was now a big-time fashion magazine editor, coming inside the coffee house as much as she was going out of it. She wanted to turn around and hide, or better yet, run. Ironically, she was remained frozen on her feet and was stuck on the ground. Oh my gosh! What to do? She screamed inside her head.

 

"Holy rabies—" Uh-oh. "—JinAe, is that you?" Soojin looked so surprised and happy upon seeing her.

 

She stepped back. "N-no, I'm not. You're just seeing things..."

 

Soojin roared in laughter. "You're so funny!" She slightly tapped her arm. "You're with someone?" She asked the moment she saw the two Starbucks coffee in both of her hands.

 

JinAe gulped. "Um, what are you doing here?"

 

She laughed. "To buy coffee for myself, silly. And oh, can you wait for me? I really want to have some chit-chat with you. I have so many questions to ask from you." She winked and JinAe knew her questions were all LuHan-related. "I'll just order, okay? Wait for me." And then she dashed towards the counter without waiting for her reply.

 

JinAe blinked. As if she will wait for her.

 

I'm sorry Soojin, she apologized inwardly. She slowly took a step back and when Soojin was too enganged in talking to the staff, she took the chance to flee. With both hands holding the two coffee cups, she pushed the door open with her body and ran off like someone was chasing her. The studio was just a few buildings away from Starbucks. She looked back over her shoulder to make sure Soojin was still inside the coffee house.

 

"Hey," The coffee from her hands almost flew out when LuHan spoke behind her. She turned around to face him. "What's wrong? You're sweating—" She didn't hear the rest of his words when she spotted Soojin looking around outside the building.

 

"Oh my God! Hide!" She squeaked and used all of her force to push LuHan back inside the studio building where he came from.

 

"What's wrong?" He asked. His eyes were full of questions.

 

Still catching her breath, she replied. "Soojin saw me. And she wants to go with me but I'm afraid she might see us together. So I ran all the way here to ecape." She said. "Here, your coffee. Wait, where are you going? I thought you have a photoshoot?"

 

He took his coffee from her hand. "Well, it's cancelled. So we're going home." He said as he headed for the door.

 

"Wait!" She squeaked and immediately blocked his way. "Let's wait for another minute, please? Until we'll no longer see Soojin—"

 

"OMG, LuHan?"

 

JinAe heard Soojin's voice behind her. Because of shock, she subconsciously gripped the coffee cup hard that the brown liquid spilled over it and smeared her shirt. LuHan laughed, looking amused.

 

"Is that really you, LuHan?" Soojin asked. Still JinAe was standing on her back from her.

 

LuHan saluted. "Hey, Soojin. How are you?"

 

"Wow, I can't believe my eyes. So you are really together," Soojin said as she circled around when JinAe still didn't face the newcomer. "No wonder JinAe scooted away from me because she doesn't want me to see you guys."

 

JinAe gulped. "N-No, it's not like that. I-I was just hurrying up so I could give the coffee to him." She said as she pointed the coffee in his hand and to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter