t w e n t y - t w o

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JinAe got a cold the next day. And not only her, but LuHan as well—again. They were in the kitchen, LuHan was making them some soup while she was just sitting there leaning her chin against the kitchen countertop. He was doing all the work because he wouldn't let her help him. She didn't want to argue either. She's too weak for that today. She looked at him. "You're sick too, aren't you? Sick people shouldn't be preparing foods." She told him.

 

"Stop talking, Choi." He said, smiling. "And besides, no one's gonna make this for you but me."

 

She pouted. "But are you sure you're fine enough to do all the work?"

 

"Yup. Don't worry about me." He said and she just sighed. But then glared at him all of a sudden without him knowing. If only he didn't accidentally—or intentionally, she didn't know—drop the umbrella yesterday then they wouldn't both catch a cold. It was all his fault. But she couldn't verbally blame him though. 

 

Well, who initiated the kiss? Her.

 

Ugh! Okay, fine!

 

"What's wrong?" He suddenly asked.

 

She blinked. "What?"

 

He chuckled and looked at her like she'd grown a nose on her forehead. "I saw you rolling your eyes. What are you thinking, Choi? Are you mentally arguing with yourself?" He was smirking.

 

She shook her head. "Nope. I-It's just nothing." She said and he only replied with an 'mmm'. She was actually too shy to mention about the kiss. Sometimes, she wanted to bang her head on the wall. Yesterday, she was bold enough to kiss him first but now she couldn't even raise the topic about it. She was even sure LuHan wouldn't just simply forget about it.

 

"Which reminds me, Choi...why did you kiss me first yesterday?" He asked and she almost choked from her own saliva. He smiled upon seeing her uneasiness. "I mean, it's so not like you to do it first. Unless, if you had a reason to do it."

 

Oh, crap.

 

She bravely met his gaze but almost knocked down from her own shyness. "So now you're gonna tease me about it?"

 

He laughed. "No, I won't tease you." He said but she didn't believe him though. "Aw, come on Choi. Your distrust is highly insulting."

 

She glared. "Says the guy who always tease me."

 

He laughed again then walked towards her. While waiting for the soup to simmer, he sat in front of her and she was thankful for the countertop between them. "Come on, Choi. I know you've got a reason why you kissed me first."

 

She her lips and wanted to hide in darkness. She didn't know what to say to him. Well, she knew. She's just not sure if it would make any sense to him. But she knew better than to keep silent. LuHan won't just let her go away with it. She sighed and mentally rolled her eyes. "Fine." She pressed her lips together. "I actually don't know why I kissed you first." She started and he frowned.

 

"Can you explain it a little bit further?"

 

"I-I don't know. It's just happened to me. The moment you put your arm on my shoulder and pulled me closer...it suddenly felt right." When she said that, he suddenly smiled. She glared. "Don't start teasing me again or I'll—" He cut her off with his laugh.

 

"You sound like you don't know yourself."

 

"That's the truth."

 

"Well, I don't think so." He was shaking his head. "You like me, Choi. That's the real reason."

 

She laughed sarcastically. "Oh, the arrogance."

 

"No, really." He muttered. "No one in their right mind would kiss someone without harbouring an affection towards the person. And I don't think you hate me either."

 

"I don't hate you—"

 

"Exactly. So the reason why you kissed me yesterday is you like me." He said with so much confidence and she so wanted to pluck his brains out. But then something inside her was telling her he might be right. She gulped. Her blood started to rush up her cheeks. And it was not helping her that LuHan was stifling his grin as he looked at her.

 

She got off the chair and turned to get herself some water. LuHan followed, almost making her spit out a curse when she noticed his presence behind her back.

 

"You're just imagining things." She muttered, trying to 'defend' herself and hide away her flushed cheeks. She took the glass into and drank the water in one gulp. Turning back to face him was a wrong move to do. But it was too late. She found herself trapped in between his arms as he put them on either side of her against the counter.

 

"You're not only slow on realizing my feelings for you but you are also dense on your own feelings, Choi." He ruffled her hair. "You're adorable." She bit her lower lip in response, and it made him chuckled.

 

 

Three days later, LuHan was back at work again. And JinAe was happy at that. Before they went to the photoshoot, they dropped by to the agency first to renew his contract. Then off they went. Good thing the photoshoot was a one-model shoot. She wouldn't have to worry about clingy female model. As he was there posing in front of the camera, she couldn't help but stare at his face. How could she not notice his handsomeness years ago? She sighed, almost day-dreaming about her and him. Then all of a sudden, he looked at her—and caught her looking straight at him.

 

Heat prickled her skin as she felt herself suddenly flinched. She was about to look away but then he gave her a wink. She bit her inner cheek hard as she felt herself wanting to throw out an ear-splitting squeal. Geez, she felt like a high schooler who finally had the guts to talk to her crush!

 

She cleared , the same moment she looked away and tucked her hair behind her ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter