n i n e t e e n

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday night came and JinAe was wearing a black cute backless dress for the party. She was not comfortable wearing it but she had no other clothes to wear that could be classified, at least, as proper for the party. And most of all, she was uneasy because LuHan was walking behind her and she was sure he was scanning her . Urgh. She felt like she was being molested or something. She abruptly turned around but he would automatically turn his head away. He even had the guts to whistle as if he was innocent.

 

Jerk.

 

The moment they were inside the lift, things got worse because LuHan stayed behind her back. She could really feel his eyes on her skin like his gaze burned. When the lift opened, she hurriedly went down to the parking lot where his car was parked. "I thought you don't want to be at the party. It seems to me like you're excited." He muttered, still following her.

 

"I'm not excited." She replied back.

 

"Then why are you hurrying up?"

 

"Because I know you're feasting your eyes on my—"

 

"y back?" He finished it for her. The way he said it felt like he was grinning from ear to ear. She was about to turn around but stopped herself. She was blushing real hard and she didn't want him to see it.

 

Urgh. 

 

"Shut up." She muttered but he only laughed. She decided to ignore him and slid inside the car. Moments later, they drove away but she chose to be silent for the whole ride. He didn't talk either which was good. After a couple of minutes, they arrived already. They both got out of the car at the same time and LuHan handed her the car keys because she was holding a purse in her hand. She scowled silently. But when she looked up, she suddenly felt dizzy. The party was held in a luxurious hotel and felt chickened for a moment. Thanks to LuHan's simple gesture of putting his arm around her waist she felt a little courage in her chest. 

 

"Everything's going to be alright, okay?" He said, smiling. Something in his smile felt so very encouraging and that somehow made her okay.

 

"O-Okay." She stammered.

 

"We'll just stay in an hour, so don't worry." He said and then they started to walk inside the hotel. Still LuHan didn't pull his arm away from her waist. She kind of didn't want him to pull away though. It was like having him that close around her gave her enough courage to face the people she didn't even know at the party. Heck, she wasn't even invited in the first place remember? She felt like a gatecrasher, seriously.

 

She took a deep breath as she saw the huge closed door. She had a feeling that was the entrance and she was was right when they walked towards it. The moment the door was opened, the air she breathed snagged in .

 

"Relax," LuHan told her in a whisper. But she couldn't relax.

 

"LuHan!" Someone, an older woman about fourty, greeted him. "I'm really worried you wouldn't come." She smiled. Then her eyes stopped on her. "Oh, so you brought a friend?" JinAe wasn't sure if there was an animosity in the old woman's voice.

 

"Noona, this is my assistant, Choi JinAe. JinAe, this is Mrs Ahn, a talent manager of some models in the agency." LuHan introduced them.

 

Then the woman smiled. "Oh, how stupid of me. How come I didn't remember you? Wow, I'd never knew you are LuHan's assistant. I thought you are his girlfriend."

 

"N-No, ma'am. LuHan and I are just friends." She muttered.

 

Her eyebrows arched as if she didn't believe her. Then her eyes dropped to her waist where LuHan's hand was resting casually. Oh great. "Just friends, huh?" JinAe blushed and Mrs Ahn laughed. "Well, JinAe-ssi, enjoy the party, okay?" She said and she smiled almost hesitantly.

 

"Thank you, ma'am."

 

LuHan grinned at her when the old woman left. "See? It's not that bad. People won't mind having you here. Especially that you're with me."

 

"Yeah, right. They'll think we're a couple and just shrug and move on."

 

LuHan laughed. "Well, I think it's a better idea than them thinking you're a gatecrasher."

 

Oh. He's got a point.

 

"LuHan!" A female voice squeaked out of nowhere. It was so high-pitched it was annoying already. JinAe couldn't stop her eyebrow from arching up upon seeing a really slim girl, slimmer than her but taller, gave LuHan a peck on the cheek. "I thought you'd never come. Come with me, I want you to meet my friends." The annoying witch didn't even bother to acknowledge her presence and instantly snatched LuHan away.

 

JinAe felt a loss when his hand slid away from her waist.

 

"I'll be right back." That was the only thing he said as he let himself get carried out by the skinny-as-thick witch. Dammit.

 

 

"Not gonna be left out, huh? What a jerk." She muttered softly as she shot dagger-like looks towards LuHan who seemed to be enjoying his 'new' company. Bull shark. She should have stayed in the apartment than going out with him tonight. She regretted her decision of coming here with him. She shouldn't have listened to him when he told her she won't be left out and that they'll just gonna stay for an hour. Heck, it's almost an hour ever since they arrived. In fact, ten minutes more.

 

Ever since the witch took him away from her, he looked like he was enjoying the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter