t w e n t y

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When JinAe woke up the next day, she had an awful headache. Her head was pounding really hard she wondered if it would explode in any moment by now. She looked at the digital clock on the bedside table and saw it was already seven in the morning.

 

Great. Just great.

 

With difficulty, she got off the bed and went out of her room. "Where's LuHan?" She wondered aloud. "Is he gone already?" Her head even hammered roughly as she headed towards his room. She knocked first but no answer. She thought he's gone already but curiosity got the best of her. She slowly opened the door and peeked in but then frowned when she saw him still on the bed sleeping.

 

"LuHan? Hey, LuHan." She walked towards the bed. LuHan moaned and opened one eye.

 

"What?" He asked in a hoarse voice but didn't get off the bed. Instead, he closed his eyes back.

 

She rolled her eyes. "Don't what me. Get up now. You have an appointment at nine thirty. Get up now, LuHan." She stold him. But he didn't even bother to move. She let out a groan, the same moment her head pounded a little harder this time. Ugh. Hangover !

 

"Don't worry, I already cancelled it." He murmured.

 

"What?"

 

"I cancelled it." He repeated.

 

"I heard you. But why?"

 

"Just stop asking me, will you? Now, let me go back to sleep." He said. What the. Was he going insane? What the heck was wrong with him? "Close the door when you leave, Choi. Thanks." He even continued without opening his eyes.

 

But instead of leaving him alone, she stayed there and crossed her arms together. She tried to recall what happened last night. The party, the annoying witch, him leaving her alone and making her feel out of place—her blood suddenly boiled upon remembering it—her walking out of the party taking his car with her, buying two bottles of soju, and drinking all of it on the couch. Then she could hardly remember what happened next.

 

Hmm. She tilted her head as she tried to remember all of it.

 

Oh, right. She remembered LuHan arriving and snatching the soju from her.

 

"Hey, LuHan." She said and kicked on his bed. "I remember myself drinking in the living room. How did I end up in my bedroom last night?"

 

He moaned. "I brought you to your room."

 

Her jaw dropped. Then her eyes dropped to the shirt she's currently wearing. She silently gasped in her head. This was not the shirt she wore last night. Did LuHan...oh no!

 

"Hey!" She yelled and LuHan cringed.

 

"What the—don't shout will you?" He said as he opened his eyes. "What is wrong with you, Choi? Why are you screaming like a banshee?"

 

"This is not the shirt I'm wearing last night." She told him, wide-eyed. "Did you...did you..." She couldn't even say it out loud. She was too embarrassed to say it. To make matters worse, LuHan laughed while still on the bed like a pig.

 

"Did I strip you , you say?" He asked with a stifled grin on his lips.

 

She squinted her eyes. "Well, did you? Swear, I'll kill you if you did."

 

He chuckled. "I didn't, okay? You stripped on your own....in front of me."

 

"What?!"

 

He laughed at her reaction. "You were drunk and bold. You just suddenly pulled your shirt over your head—"

 

"You bastard! You didn't even stop me?"

 

He laughed again. "How can I stop you? I was caught off guard myself." He said and her blood rushed up to her face. She blushed so hard she could feel her cheeks turning hot. She fought the urge to cover her face with her palm. The last thing she would do was to embarrass herself even further.

 

"You should've turned around then!"

 

The only thing that the annoying jerk could do at this moment was to laugh. Seriously. She could feel the smoke coming out from her nose and ears. She didn't waste time. With her fists, she punched his chest. But LuHan moved so fast and caught her wrists with his both hands.

 

She was shocked. Not because of how he caught her wrist so easily, but because of how his hands were awfully hot. She was momentarily immobile as she looked at him. LuHan sighed and then he let go of her hand. She sat on the bed and then she reached for him, placing her palm on his forehead to double check.

 

"Oh my. You have a fever, LuHan." She stated the obvious. He moaned and closed his eyes back. "How on earth did you get sick?"

 

He opened his eyes back. "I went home drenched in the rain last night. Taxicabs are usually occupied at night and it was also raining hard when I went out of the hotel. It took me half an hour to finally find a vacant taxicab."

 

JinAe bit her lower lip. She could picture him out in the rain struggling to find a cab, wet and cold like a homeless puppy. Her heart crushed and she felt her eyes getting warm. LuHan got sick because of her. Now he had to cancel all his schedules for today. No one else to be blamed but her.

 

All of a sudden, she bent over and buried her face on his chest. A small yelp escaped from his throat. "I'm so sorry, LuHan. I'm really, really sorry." She muttered, feeling her tears spilling out in the corner of her eyes.

 

"Seriously, Choi. Are you crying? Oh, please don't cry." He said as he caressed her hair. She lifted her head up, the same moment she wiped the corner of her eyes. He smiled. "Don't cry, silly."

 

Then she slapped him on the chest. "If you didn't leave me out and bad-mouthed me together with your friends then I wouldn't think of leaving you behind."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter