t w e n t y - s i x

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I...I-I don't understand," JinAe felt like her knees were slowly giving up on her. She had to lean back against the door of his room to keep her standing. She can't breathe. It was suddenly so hard for her to breathe. "My mother didn't kill anyone. She hadn't kill anyone in her life..." She found herself muttering. Even though she was not close to her mother, she was certain she didn't do such crime like he claimed.

 

A snort came out from his lips. "You don't know your own mother," he said. Something in his voice felt like he was mocking her.

 

She looked up at him, eyes filled with tears. "It's true that I'm not close to her, that I grew up without her by my side but I'm sure she's not a bad woman like you've just said to me." There was a pleading look in her eyes. She was silently pleading him to take his words back against her mother and stop telling a twisted truth.

 

"You don't have to believe me if you don't want to.." He said.

 

She shook her head. "No. She didn't kill anyone."

 

"You really don't have an idea, huh? Here, let me tell you." He said. "Your mother was a mistress. She was a home-wrecker. And mom wouldn't have died when your mom didn't show up in my father's office." He paused to gulp but she saw the glistening tears in his eyes. His face contorted as if he was in pain. She could see the hurt in his eyes and she couldn't help but tear up. "My mom had a car accident and I was there. I saw it, in my own eyes when the bus hit her car before it somersaulted a couple of times. I wanted to save her but I can't. I'm just a four-year-old kid who could only scream his mother's name during the accident.."

 

JinAe gulped. The hurt in his eyes was visible more than ever. "I'm...I'm really sorry, LuHan." She said, her voice wavered in the process.

 

He looked at her but she couldn't see him clearly because her own tears were blinding her vision. "It's rather too late for that. Your apology won't take my mother's life back."

 

She bit her lower lip to muffle her cries, at least. "I know." She muttered softly. He sighed exasperatedly and she wiped her eyes to clear her vision. She then saw him looking away but her eyes. "I'm not gonna defend my mother for what she did but I'm begging you to find it in your heart to...to forgive. I know how painful it is—"

 

"No, you don't know anything."

 

She gulped again. If his looks could create fire, she was probably blazing right now. "Y-You're right. Maybe I don't really know anything but...but what's it got to do with me? I-I don't understand the anger you have in me, LuHan. Why does it have to affect what we have?"

 

He looked at her again, his gaze almost piercing through her soul. "I've never been close to my father." He started and she had no idea why he was saying this to her. "But you, you got his affection without even trying."

 

Confusion was all over her face as she still looked at him. "What?"

 

"You probably don't remember but my father used to play with you on the playground. He never done it with me. Instead with you, you're not even his daughter." He said, she could feel his pain and anger from his words. "We shouldn't have left China. We should have stayed there. Dad won't have to cheat and mom wouldn't have to die."

 

Another tear fell from her eyes as she couldn't take it anymore. "L-LuHan..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter