t w e n t y - f o u r

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here we are, finally!“ JinAe announced, squealing. It was so obvious that she was ecstatic to be home again. She couldn't wait to give her aunt a very tight hug. All those hours of sitting in the car, her hurts at that, was definitely worth it. The ocean breeze was so overwhelming she couldn't wait to take a dip in the sea. Her aunts' house was near the sea so it was really perfect especially in summer. That was why she always wanted to get home during the season.

 

“This is such a nice place.“ He said and she looked at him, grinning.

 

“Yes, it is. You'll enjoy here.“ She said proudly. Soon they took all their bags from the trunk, the same moment her aunt appeared from the door. Even from afar, she could make out that gray hairs of her. She ran and greeted her, feeling so happy that she finally saw her. Her aunt hugged her back as tight as she was giving her.

 

“JinAe, I miss you. Wow, you look so great.“ Her Aunt Su-jeong muttered when they pulled back, cupping her face as if she was studying her appearance. Then her eyes looked past her. JinAe turned and saw LuHan bowing his head in respect. “You must be LuHan. Aw, come here.“ Then she gave him a hug. “You look much more handsome than I expected. JinAe can't stop talking about you last night. She was so excited to bring you here that she can't stop squealing on the phone.“

 

“Mama, I did not!“ JinAe snapped, blushing. LuHan just chuckled.

 

“Of course, you did honey~“

 

“Thanks for embarrassing me.“ She said and her aunt laughed.

 

“Come on, let's get inside. I'm sure you guys are tired. Here, let me help you with the bags.“

 

“Oh, no need ma'am. I can carry all this.“ LuHan muttered.

 

“No, I insist. And please call me Aunt Su-jeong,“ she smiled at LuHan. “No formalities in my house, okay?“ LuHan smiled and nodded, JinAe couldn't stop from smiling either. Soon enough, they entered the house. They were staying in the separate rooms of course. There were three rooms all in all in the house. JinAe stayed in her room before while LuHan stayed at the spare room. Once she was inside, feeling of finally being there brought back many memories. She used to share this room together with her real mother. But since she was always away, she was usually alone in this room.

 

She sat on the bed as her eyes wandered around the room. She remembered she had to left this place because she was granted for a scholarship during her high school years. It was painful for her to be away but she just had to. Though every summer, she always made sure to come home. Then after college, when she was finally working and until now, she haven't gone here. So she really missed this place.

 

A knock on the door pulled her back to earth. She stood and headed for it to open. She found LuHan outside already smiling at her. “How's your room?“ She asked, leaving the door open for him to enter. She was about to turn around but he caught her hand.

 

“No, I don't want to create a bad impression to your aunt so I'm not going inside your room.“ He said.

 

She chuckled. “Okay.“ She said. “So, is your room okay?“

 

“Yeah, it's great. I have no complaints.“ He replied. She opened and was about to say something but he pulled her and kissed her on the lips. JinAe found herself tiptoeing and slanting her head intentionally as she kissed him back. She grinned when he pulled back. He was grinning as well. “You don't want to create a bad impression so you don't want to come inside my room, and yet here you are kissing me at the door for my aunt to see. Hmm...“

 

He tapped her nose. “Hey, don't put all the blame on me. You responded to my kiss, you know.“

 

“Shut up.“ She hit him gently on his chest. “Okay, come on. I want you to see something.“ She took his hand and pulled him with her.

 

“Where are we going?“

 

“You'll see.“

 

 

JinAe was aware of LuHan's fingers intertwined perfectly with hers. They were watching the sunset and everything was perfect. The sky was in the shade of pink and red and they could already see some stars up above. Her hair fell perfectly as the gentle wind blew it. It was cold but LuHan's warm hand was all she could ask for. It was all enough for her.

 

“Are you cold?“ He suddenly asked.

 

She looked at him and smiled. “A little.“

 

“Hmm, okay, come here.“ He stopped walking and she did the same thing. Then he moved behind her and circled his arms around her. He was back hugging her as they both faced the ocean. “This is a lot better.“ He murmured, placing his chin on her shoulder. She didn't know if he was intentionally digging his chin on her shoulder because it was really tickling her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter