t w e n t y - n i n e

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been thirty seven days, and counting, since the last time she saw LuHan. It's that long, she knew, but she didn't feel any signs of giving up. If it would take months for LuHan to think things over, then she will not complain. As long as he'll be back. He will be back, that's what her heart was telling her. It would just maybe take time for him to come back.

 

From looking at the window, she tore her eyes away and looked at the coffee in front of her that was on the table. She was still in Gangwon-do. She couldn't afford to go back to the apartment because she will only miss LuHan more and she will probably end up crying her eyes out everyday. And she wouldn't want that. At least in her aunt's house, she can do something to divert her attention.

 

This morning was no different from the mornings she had ever since she got here. She would spend half an hour thinking about him before she will do her daily cleaning. It has always been like that. Right now, she was eating her breakfast. Aunt Su-jeong had gone upstairs to take a shower and she was left alone. It was already bright outside she guessed it was already seven.

 

"JinAe-ah? Can you please do the grocery for me?" Aunt Su-jeong said once she appeared in the kitchen again.

 

"Okay. No problem, ma. I'll take care of it." She smiled.

 

She smiled back. "Thanks. I almost forgot I'm going to Mrs Ahn today. We're having some cooking lessons."

 

"Have fun." She chirped as she stuffed .

 

"I will." Aunt Su-jeong beamed as she sat down and started eating breakfast as well. "I'll give you extra money for the cab."

 

"Nah. No need." She smiled. "I can take the bus. Don't worry."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yup." She said.

 

"Okay then." She smiled and shrugged. When she was done eating and washing her own plate, she immediately headed to the grocery store leaving Aunt Su-jeong still eating. She took a bus since she really wanted to take her time and enjoy the scenery. When she arrived, she didn't waste time. She immediately bought everything that was on the grocery list. After paying for it, she headed out. She's still going to take the bus even though there were still money for her to take a cab.

 

She took the empty seat at the back of the bus. It was her favorite spot. She looked outside the window and thought of him, wondering how was he. She also can't help wonder if he was thinking about her too. If he missed her too, like she was to him most of the time. She sighed. She really missed him. Wherever he was, she hoped he was doing fine and that he was taking care of himself.

 

She was tempted to call him, to be honest. But she was just holding herself. As much as she missed him so much, she didn't want to bother him. He needed time to think and calling him wouldn't be the best idea ever.

 

She sighed, forcing herself back to earth. The bus stopped and she realized it was her stop. She rushed to get off and soon found herself walking the remaining distance to her aunt's house. Aunt Su-jeong was probably no longer there so she fished out her key, the one that her aunt gave her moments ago before she left.

 

But her eyebrows raised upon seeing the door not locked nor even closed.

 

"Ma? You still here?" She called out as she opened the doot. "I'm back from the grocery store." Without hearing an answer, she headed straight to the kitchen hoping she will find her there but no one was around. She put everything on the table and rushed upstairs. It was strange because she couldn't hear any sound. And when she opened her aunt's room, it was empty.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter