f o u r t e e n

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Teasing can sometimes be a sign of affection—she dumbly remembered it the moment she hit her bed. Heat crept up on her cheeks and she was turning into a tomato in the darkness of her room. No, he definitely didn't mean it like that. He surely didn't mean it like that, right? Because if he did....no freaking way! She couldn't look at him the same way again if that's the case.

 

Yeah. Sometimes it can be a sign of affection and sometimes it isn't.  Maybe LuHan didn't have any affection towards her. He just liked to that much because he was a jerk, of course. That's a fact. She was sure he would do the same thing to another girl in her place.

 

For him, she was just a friend and an easy target to his teasing.

 

Yeah, that was it and nothing more.

 

She heaved a deep sigh. Her heart was starting to calm down a bit. How really weird for her to give some meaning of LuHan's teasing on her. Surely there's nothing could be mean of it. LuHan was naturally a teasing-jerk and she was obviously the easiest and nearest target. Right?

 

"Okay..." She mumbled to herself. "Get over it now, JinAe. Just freaking sleep now." Taking a deep breath, she finally closed her eyes and tried to sleep. However, it took her half an hour to finally be able to drag herself to dreamland.

 

 

The next morning, JinAe found him in the kitchen sipping some hot coffee. He greeted her when he saw her but she didn't greet him back. Cat got her tongue. Well actually, it was because of her dream last night that somehow made her unable to meet his eyes. She had no idea what that dream means but she was sure as hell she didn't want to reminisce it at all.

 

Her dream? It topped her list of 'bad dreams ever'. It was her and LuHan having a heavy make-out session, that would pass as second base already, on the damn couch. It was awful. She couldn't get back to sleep after that, afraid that she might dream of it again...or worse the next dream would rather be much more intimate one. Oh, freaking frog.

 

"Waking up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?" She heard him muttered but still she didn't say a word. Much to her surprise, he snatched her wrist and held her in place. "Are you still mad? I thought we're already okay yesterday."

 

She gulped. "N-No, I'm not mad. I'm just hungry."

 

He let go of her. "Oh. Then have some breakfast then."

 

She nodded. "How about you?" She asked. This time, she finally looked into his eyes—and stupidly remembered her dream. She silently cursed and mentally punched herself.

 

"You go ahead. I'll eat later." He said before he sipped on his coffee again. As he did, he was looking at her over the rim of his cup. Weirdly, suddenly went dry. She had to clear louder than she should.

 

Soon enough, she started eating. But she wasn't comfortable at all knowing that LuHan was sitting not far from her probably watching her. Nah, she didn't have to guess because when she looked up she caught him staring at her. "Why don't you eat with me?" She told him, trying to ease the tension she was feeling inside. "You look like you're hungry already."

 

He grinned. "It's okay. I'd rather watch you at this moment."

 

"I'm not a freaking freak show so why don't you grab a plate and eat?" Something in her tone that screamed 'I am freaking annoyed with you' but LuHan didn't seem to mind.

 

He laughed as he stood up. "Geez, relax. Take a chill pill, Choi." He did grab a plate alright and sat beside her to eat with her. It didn't ease the tension she was feeling, instead it was building up even more. "Anyway, Mark is inviting us to his house. It's his birthday today and he's throwing a party."

 

She shook her head. "No, I don't want to come."

 

He frowned. "You sure?"

 

"Yup, I'm sure. You and your friends are just going to annoy the hell out of me." Subconsciously, she voiced out what she had in mind. It was too late to take it back. LuHan laughed as if she made it as a joke.

 

"Okay, I won't force you to come with me." He said once more before he continued eating. She didn't reply after that and continued eating as well.

 

 

At two in the afternoon, LuHan already left to Mark's party. Before he left, he asked her again though if she still wouldn't come with him. Her answer was still no. So he left without her. When he was gone, she decided to watch T.V but then it got boring and boring by the second so she was forced to turn it off. She went to her room and dived on her bed. Her eyes wanted to sleep but her brain didn't. To be honest, she was really scared to close her eyes. She might probably dream again of making out with LuHan.

 

Speaking of her dream, what does it mean? Why did she dream something like that?

 

Hmm, she'll find it out by herself.

 

Using her phone, she browsed in the internet and found an interesting 'dream dictionary' website. "Okay, here it goes..." She mumbled as she clicked the letter M and searched for the word 'making out'. Seconds later, she found it. She moved her phone closer to her face and read it aloud. "To dream that you are making out with someone suggests that you have an subconscious desire—" She gasped. "—to pursue a relationship, but fear that it will jeopardize the friendship. Holy smokes. No, this isn't true! This website is a trash. Dammit!" She was about to throw her phone when she realized she has no money to replace it if it will be broken.

 

Groaning, she buried her face on the pillow to muffle her ear-splitting squeal. Her heart was hammering so hard she felt like it jumped right on . Her palms were sweating and her skin prickled with heat. Not to mention that weird butterfly feelings she had in the stomach.

 

"Oh, no, no, no. This doesn't mean anything." She mumbled. "I am not, as in not, wanting to have a relationship with him. Oh, dear heavens. Why is this happening to me?"

 

Her phone suddenly rang as if someone wanted to answer her questions. LuHan's name appeared on the screen when she looked at it. She gulped. She answered it after a couple of rings and held it against her ear. "What?" She even cracked her voice.

 

"Are you sure you don't want to be here? I could go back and fetch you." He said on the other line.

 

She cleared . "N-No, I'm totally fine. Just enjoy the party, don't worry about me. And please tell Mark happy birthday."

 

"Okay, if that's what suits you." He said. "I won't stay up late. Probably, nine or te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter