s e v e n t e e n

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wh-what?" She gasped. The room was suddenly filled with thick air that made breathing so hard for her to do. Her heart was squealing so hard inside her ribcage after doing a cartwheel. The weird part was that she had already received love confessions before but LuHan's confession was different. He bluntly said it without sugar-coating it and yet it made her heart palpitated as if she had ran six-hundred miles on foot. How LuHan managed to do that, she had no idea.

 

He took a step closer and she automatically stepped back. "I've been eyeing on you ever since, Choi. You're probably not aware of it but I am. I watched you secretly and admired you at the same time. I'm also aware of you rejecting the boys in our school who courted you telling them that you wanted to focus on your studies first. I was happy but I know I'm not an exception to that. So I stayed behind and chose to remain as your classmate in the background. I decided to wait for the right time but I've never got the chance to tell you how I feel. We were in different college and I thought I'd never see you again. But I didn't lose hope. I studied hard during college having you as my inspiration and at the same time, I was really looking forward to our high school reunion because I know that's the time I could finally see you. And so I did." A smile appeared on his lips as he remembered that day. "You appeared with an ugly pimple on your nose and sporting a really weird hairstyle. But that didn't even make me like you less."

 

She looked at him straight in the eye but she didn't know how to respond. Everything she heard from him was music to her ears. LuHan may be a jerk sometimes but the guy knew how to be serious and she knew he was telling the truth just by looking into his eyes.

 

"I was really, really happy when I saw you again. When I bumped into you at the comfort room, I realized that's the only moment that I'm standing near you. I vowed to myself that day that I'm going to do everything and I'm not gonna slip this chance of being close to you. Heaven must be on my side because you were jobless and I was looking for an assistant. I offered you the job, thinking and hoping that you could at least give it a shot. And thankfully, you did. Since then, I use every single moment to my own benefit." He chuckled. "I know I'm being a jerk to you, it's only because I thought you'll get the hint that I like you. Teasing can be a sign of affection, Choi. I thought you already know that. Seriously, you're so dense about boy code."

 

She scowled. "You ruined your own confession by calling me dense." She said and he laughed. "And if you really like me since high school, then why didn't you make a move to be my friend way before?"

 

"Because I don't want to be just your friend." He said. "You've got lots of male friends and I don't want to add my name on that friends-only-and-no-chance-at-all list. I want my name to be written on the separate list, Choi. And I know you know what list I'm talking about." He took another step forward and she moved back a little.

 

She gulped awkwardly. "I'm sorry but I'm not gonna make a long boyfriend list." She said, wanting to push him because he kept moving closer and closer.

 

He smiled. "Then good. Because I want my name to be the only one written on that list." Her heart did a somersault she could hardly breathe. She widened her eyes as she looked at him. She couldn't move further now because her back already hit the table that was being placed with candles and other house decorations. She couldn't do anything when LuHan raised both of his hands and cupped her face.

 

"L-LuHan, I—"

 

"I'm just asking you to give me a chance, Choi. It's up to you then if you'll return the feelings I have for you." He said and then he gave her a forehead kiss. He pulled his hands down as he looked at her with a smile on his face. She blinked her eyes as she couldn't find anything else to say. He gave a soft chuckle and pinched her cheek lightly. Then he walked back to his room while still wearing that smile of his.

 

 

LuHan cleared his throat loudly. It took every ounce of willpower for her to just keep her eyes on the window and not to turn her head to him. He was driving the car and they were heading to his photoshoot for today. She was being awkward ever since she woke up this morning. LuHan greeted her during breakfast and all she did was stammered wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter