s i x t e e n

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you looking at me like I'm some kind of a zoo animal?" JinAe couldn't help herself from asking him as she poured some milk on her glass. LuHan chuckled but still didn't say a word. A smoke came out from her nose and ears. Seriously, does he really have to annoy her at this early time of the day? Can he at least be good to her even just for one whole day? Was it too much to ask?

 

But knowing LuHan, he's naturally a jerk.

 

"By the way, you still haven't told me about your fight with Minhyuk." She told him. She sipped on her milk as she leaned against the counter while waiting for his reply.

 

"It's been three days since it happened, Choi. Haven't you moved on from it?" He said instead. Argh!

 

She scowled. "Of course, I still haven't moved on from it! Have you forgotten? You didn't tell me the reason." She looked at him accusingly. LuHan ignored her deadly stares and stood up from the chair to stuff his plate on the kitchen sink. "Are you seriously not gonna tell me?" She spoke again as she followed him like she was his tail or something.

 

He snickered. "Seriously, Choi, get over it."

 

She hit him on his arm as hard as she could.

 

"Ow!"

 

"Why do you want to keep it to yourself? I'm curious as hell, LuHan!"

 

He grinned. "I won't tell you."

 

Her head exploded. Seriously, he really won't tell even if she will cut his throat? "Argh! Why are you such a jerk?! Can you just at least be nice and tell me about it? I just want to know, LuHan."

 

"Why do you want to know anyway?"

 

"I don't know." She said and his mouth dropped open. He was looking at her like she had gone two heads. "Well, maybe because it's so not like you who would start a fight. You're a silent type of guy, at least from what I've observed during high school—don't look at me like that. I'm not checking you out during those years. I always see you as the peace-maker one, even though you're a jerk to me." He laughed. "But seriously, can you please tell me what happened between you and Minhyuk?"

 

LuHan smiled. It was a I'm-sorry-I-couldn't-tell-you kind of smile. And she was right, as soon as he opened his mouth. "Trust me, you don't wanna know."

 

"But LuHan—"

 

He started to walk away even before she could finish her sentence. "I'm going out for a while. You don't have to come with me though. But you, go to the supermarket and buy us some food supplies. Our fridge is almost empty. I want it full when I get back. Got it?"

 

"I'm not your freaking maid!"

 

"It's either you'll go or let's starve ourselves in the next few days."

 

Urgh!

 

"Fine. But leave some money, you know." She called back before he reached the door out.

 

"Use your money. I spent mine on your beloved hair, remember?" He said. What the!

 

"Hey you—" She already heard the door closed. She let out a scream as she pulled her hair out of her precious scalp.

 

 

"JinAe?" Someone called her name just as when she was lining up on the cashier. She was in the supermarket as what LuHan asked her to. She turned around and saw JaeHyun, one of LuHan's friends and their high school classmate, standing behind her. "Wow, I didn't expect to see you here. How are you? Are you with LuHan?"

 

She smiled. "Hello, JaeHyun. No, I'm alone. LuHan's not with me."

 

"Oh." He smiled back. "So I'm guessing you live together with LuHan." It wasn't even a question so she didn't have to answer it.

 

She blushed. "Um, is that what he told you?"

 

"No. The rest of us just assumed that you're living together." He said. She was about to reply when she realized it was her turn to pay. "By the way, just forget about what Minhyuk said. You know, that guy is a jerk sometimes." He said and she had no idea what was he talking about. It was his turn to pay but she just couldn't seem to go ahead and leave. If LuHan won't say anything to her, then she'll get the truth from his friend.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter