t w e n t y - e i g h t

Sparkling Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's wrong?" His fifty nine-year-old favorite nanny asked him. From staring down at the hot tea in front of him, he looked up and met her eyes. A small smile appeared from her lips. "I know you, LuHan. I know that look. You may not tell me but I know you have a problem just by looking in your eyes. And you wouldn't come here if it's just nothing." She said. He wasn't surprised at all. She knew him more than anyone else. She was there ever since he was born and until he started high school. Since then, she went back to China to be with her family for good.

 

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" She said, still looking at him.

 

He sighed, then turned his eyes back to the hot tea on the table. "I met her again, nans." He said and before she could ask who, he continued. "That little girl I used to hate when I was four. That little girl dad was playing with at the playground."

 

"Really?"

 

He nodded and then gulped the lump on his throat. "And I've fallen for her." He said softly. When he looked at her, he saw her eyes went wide then gave him a questioning look after a second. It was obvious that she didn't expect the words from him.

 

"What do you mean?" She asked.

 

"I didn't know she's the same girl I hated before, nans." He said, feeling the back of his eyes burned. "She's my high school classmate and I really, really like her since then. I had no idea that that was her. I mean, it's been years. I thought I won't ever see that girl again. Well, I have wished our paths won't cross because God knows what I'm gonna do to her. How come fate played with us?" He held his head low and stared at the untouched tea once again. He guessed it wasn't hot already.

 

"So, what now? Are you still going to hate her?"

 

He sighed and then shook his head, feeling his heart breaking into a million pieces. "I don't know, nans. I mean, I don't want to. I love her but I don't know anymore."

 

"Don't let your anger get in the way. You still love her, I can tell it the way that pain of yours showed in your face." She said and he looked up. "LuHan, you won't be happy if you're living in your past. Let go, and learn to forgive. And only then you can be happy. Don't let yourself imprison by your ugly past. It's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself."

 

He listened alright, but he couldn't find a word to say.

 

"Do you see yourself without her? I mean that girl whom you're inlove with? Do you think you can go on without her?"

 

He thought for a moment then mumbled. "No." He horribly realized it was true.

 

"Then do something. If you don't want to lose her, do something." She said and he held his head down. If you don't want to lose her, do something. Her words echoed in his mind and it caused a big impact on him. "And about your father..." She suddenly spoke. "...he's dying, LuHan."

 

He bit his inner cheek. "I don't think I'm ready to see him if that's what you're implying, nans."

 

"Your mom wouldn't be happy with that answer." She said and his abruptly turned.

 

"You want me to see him? He didn't even show himself at mom's burial. He was busy probably making out with his mistress." He said, voice rising up an octave. "I'm not ready to see and talk to him, nans. So don't push me."

 

"So when will you be ready?"

 

He shrugged and leaned back on his chair. "I don't know."

 

"There you are again. Let go, and learn to forgive." She repeated and he could only sulk in his seat. "Don't you want to be happy for the rest of your life? And you're wrong. Your father was there. You just didn't see him. Or he didn't want to be seen. But he was there. I saw him."

 

He snorted. "Yeah, because he didn't want to be seen laughing his off that finally mom's dead and no one's gonna stop him from playing fire with another woman."

 

"LuHan..." She sighed exasperatedly. "Come with me." And with that, she stood and walked away. Frowning, he stood up and followed. He realized they were heading to a room. Then she went to a closet trying to find something. He stood behind her back and waited.

 

"Did he really loved mom? I mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter