Extra 3 - Birthday

Detention

 

a/n         : Surprise! *crickets*

Ahem! So, I really really really really want to make a birthday story, but i also really really really  have no idea whatsoever /creys

But I hope it’s sweet and fluffy enough, it may looks rushed.. because IT IS, I’m sorry ;A;

Anyway~ Enjoy! And Happy Birthday Minseok!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok was confused to find his apartment so quite one morning. He already used to find Junmyeon in his apartment every morning, either cooking him breakfast or making two cup of warm coffee, greeting him good morning with blinding smile and sweet kiss to his cheek. But that morning, not only Junmyeon didn't show up, but he also didn't leave him any message whatsoever.

 

Feeling weird and worried, Minseok skipped his way to Junmyeon's apartment (one of many benefits of being neighbor with your boyfriend) in case Junmyeon overslept. But once he was there, he was greeted with another quite apartment. He furrowed his eyebrows and started pacing toward Junmyeon's bedroom.

 

Minseok cracked Junmyeon's bedroom's door open and found his boyfriend still sleeping in bed. He heaved a sigh in relieve, at least Junmyeon was home.

 

Walking closer to Junmyeon's bed, Minseok's face turned into a worried one once again. Junmyeon didn't look good at all, he was sweating and was really pale.

 

"Junmyeon, are you okay?" Minseok asked panicky as he shook his boyfriend's shoulder lightly and cupped his cheek. Junmyeon was burning under his touch. "God! You're burning!" He said, even more panic than before.

 

Junmyeon stirred and whimpered, "Minseok-" he called out weakly.

 

"Yes, love, I'm here."  Minseok answered as he caressed Junmyeon's cheek. "Wait up! I'll call Luhan, telling him I can't go to school today. I'll be back soon, okay?" He said softly.

 

Junmyeon grabbed Minseok's hand without much power and shook his head lightly, "No, you have to go to school, I'm okay." He protested.

 

"What?" Minseok couldn't believe in what he just heard. "No! Don't be silly, I can't leave you like this. So stop being stubborn and let me do at least this for you." He said firmly, and Junmyeon had no other choice other than letting Minseok taking care of him, not like he could put up a fight with his condition.

 

==========

 

Minseok ran to his apartment to grab his phone, called Luhan that he was not coming to school that day and also calling Kyungsoo to come and check on Junmyeon's condition.

 

"He needs a lot of water," Kyungsoo said after he finished his examination on Junmyeon, "Give one of these after meal, three times a day, and try to bring his temperature down with ice water." he continued and handed Minseok a small package of blue pills.

 

Minseok nodded at the instruction and took the pills from Kyungsoo’s hand when he heard the big eyed doctor chuckled. “Yes?” He asked confusedly.

 

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo smiled, “It’s just, when you were sick before this, Junmyeon had the same exact expression as yours now.”

 

Minseok blushed at Kyungsoo’s words, remembering that day when Junmyeon was taking care of him, and how their relationship was started in the first place.

 

“Don’t worry, he will be fine, he’s just too tired.” Kyungsoo placed an assuring hand on Minseok’s shoulder.

 

“Thank you!” Minseok said, however, his face showed that he still wanted to ask something but hesitated.

 

“Is there anything else you need?” Kyungsoo asked when he saw Minseok’s expression.

 

“It’s- Can- can you call the school and tell them that he can’t go to work? I- I- can’t do that for him, be- because...”

 

“Okay, it’s all right.” Kyungsoo said and gave Minseok a knowing smile. Of course Minseok was afraid to call the school for Junmyeon.

 

“Thank you!” Minseok thanked Kyungsoo again.

 

After sending Kyungsoo to the front door, Minseok back to Junmyeon’s bedroom and sat on the small space beside Junmyeon on the bed. Junmyeon was sleeping and slightly whimpered from the high fever. Minseok grabbed Junmyeon’s had and brushed his knuckles softly.

 

Is this how you felt when I was sick before?

 

“You will be fine soon, I’m here.” Minseok whispered and leaning down to kiss Junmyeon on his forehead, feeling the hot skin under his lips.

 

==========

 

Minseok’s determination was on set, however, it was the first time he taking care of a sick person, and it was not just any other person, it’s Junmyeon, his boyfriend who thinks that he himself is a bay who needs an extra care. Reality hits him hard when he remembers that he need to feed Junmyeon befoe giving him his medicine.

 

Minseok took a mental note to ask Junmyeon to teach him how to cook later, but in the mean time, he had to take matters into his own hand.

 

The only person he knew who can cook other than Junmyeon was Yixing, but Yixing was in class, so asking him for help is out of the list. A light bulb popped from his head when he remembers the instant soup powder Junmyeon stocked up at his apartment. And for once he was thankful that Junmyeon treated him like a baby.

 

The first thing Minseok did was bringing a big bowl filled with ice and some small towels into Junmyeon’s room and tried to cool him down with the cold towel. Next, he went back to his apartment to take the ingredients for the soup. He brought back some carrots, green beans, potatoes and some chicken with him along with the soup powder.

 

Half and hour and two injured fingers later, Minseok was done with his soup. It tasted okay, he thought, save for the weird shaped carrots and potatoes, but it was edible.

 

After a few struggles to open Junmyeon’s bedroom’s door, Minseok finally put a tray on Junmyeon’s night stand with a bowl of steamy soup, a glass of water and Junmyeon’s medicine on it. He sat down on the bed carefully and leaned down a little to pat Junmyeon’s cheek.

 

“Junmyeon, wake up! Let’s eat, you need to take your medicine.”

 

Junmyeon opened his eyes slowly and greeted with a smiling Minseok. Minseok pecked his cheek once and helped him sat up.

 

“Let me feed you, okay?”

 

“You cooked?” Junmyeon asked, when he finally propped on the bed.

 

“I- I tried.” Minseok blushed furiously, “It- It might not tastes good, but, I swear it’s not poisonous.”

 

Junmyeon smiled tenderly. Of course Minseok wouldn’t poison him.

 

==========

 

After Junmyeon done eating, (“It was good! Really!” Junmyeon said) and taking his medicine, Minseok tucked him back under the comforter.

 

Minseok stayed there all the time, just watching him sleeping and patiently replacing the cold towel with the new one, until Junmyeon’s temperature slowly went down.

 

For the lunch, Minseok ordered some beef porridge and repeated the circle of feeding Junmyeon, giving him his medicine and tucked him to sleep again. It was almost 4 o’clock when Junmyeon’s temperature back to almost normal again, and fatigue finally creeping on Minseok’s body.

 

Minseok slide down to the floor and rested his back on the side of Junmyeon’s bed. He sighed heavily, finally relieved that Junmyeon was getting better and relaxed his back. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

 

It was only a few minutes later when Minseok felt someone shook his shoulder lightly, making him jerked out of his sleep. “Do you need something?” He asked, thinking that maybe Junmyeon need something.

 

Junmyeon shook his head and smiled, “Come, sleep in the bed with me.” He said and stretched his hand out from the comforter.

 

Minseok was too tired to refuse, and sleeping in the bed with Junmyeon sounded so inviting.

 

Junmyeon scooted over to make a room for Minseok to slip in, and Minseok sighed in comfort once his head hit the pillow.

 

“How are you feeling?” Minseok asked, absentmindedly rubbing Junmyeon’s arm.

 

“I’m good, thanks to you.” Junmyeon smiled lovingly, his heart swelled with pride and love towards the younger male.

 

“It’s nothing.” Minseok said as he snuggled closer to Junmyeon, leashing out his spoiled side when it came to his boyfriend (because really, he would never show that side of him in front of other people. He has an image to keep).

 

Junmyeon pulled Minseok closer and kissed the crown of his head, “Still, thank you!”

 

They stayed like that for a moment before Junmyeon suddenly remembered something and reaching out to his nightstand to pull something from the drawer, a dark blue velvet box.

 

“Happy birthday!” he whispered as he propped himself on one elbow and opened the box to Minseok, revealing a simple white gold bracelet with a small key shaped charm hanging on it.

 

Minseok’s eyes went double in size and his lips slightly parted in shock. He went speechless and he could feel tears started to form on the rim of his eyes, “You- You remember?” He stuttered.

 

Junmyeon chuckled, “What kind of boyfriend would forget his boyfriend’s birthday? I’m sorry for making you taking care of me on your birthday instead, I’ll make up to it later.”

 

Minseok shook his head, “It’s- It’s just- Just- No one ever remember my birthday, only Luhan- But-” He started crying for real, not trusting himself to speak anymore.

 

Junmyeon smiled sadly at Minseok’s words. He could only imagine how lonely it would be for Minseok, not having anyone to celebrate his birthday with, while for Junmyeon, that day was one of the most important day in his life, because that day was the day when the person he loves with all his life was born.

 

A part of Junmyeon was thankful towards Luhan who became a part of Minseok’s life for the last few years so that Minseok didn’t feel so lonely. He determined to fill Minseok’s life with nothing but happiness and love.

 

Junmyeon sat on the bed and pulled Minseok along so that both of them were sitting facing each other on the bed. He took the bracelet out from its box and put it on Minseok’s wrist. Once the bracelet was secured on Minseok’s wrist, he caressed the key charm, “You are the key to my happiness and the key to my heart.” It was true as it was cheesy.

 

Minseok let out a chocked sob but smiled widely nonetheless. He then cupped Junmyeon’s face with both hand and pulled him closer to planted kisses on Junmyeon’s forehead, lids, nose, cheeks, and pecking his lips repeatedly, chanting “Thank you!” and “I love you!” with every kiss. He never felt that happy in his life before.

 

“There’s nothing I can do to return all of the things you did for me.” Minseok said with a hint of regret in his voice.

 

“I know a way!” Junmyeon said as he pulled Minseok back to bed, feeling his headache creeping back.

 

“How?”

 

“Sing for me.”

 

“What?” Minseok asked. He was about to buried himself into Junmyeon’s embrace when he suddenly stopped and pulling away to look at Junmyeon’s face with a questioning look.

 

Junmyeon only smiled and pulling Minseok back to his arms, “I heard you singing before, I think you have a beautiful voice.”

 

Minseok fell silent for a moment, hesitated and shy, before opening his lips to sing with a soft voice

 

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming,
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

Don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

 

 

==========

 

 

“Have you eaten anything yet today?” Junmyeon asked later as he playing with Minseok’s hair.

 

“No… I’m just going to call Luhan and ask him to bring us some food.” Minseok answered, burying his nose deeper to Junmyeon’s neck, “I also need to call sick to the café too. I’ll take a nap first.”

 

Junmyeon chuckled, “You’re always sleepy,” he said jokingly, knowing that Minseok must be tired, taking care of him the whole day, “You need to stop sleeping in the class too.”

 

Minseok pulled away to see Junmyeon’s face and pouted, “You were supposed to be happy to see me being sent to your office.”

 

“I spoiled you too much.”

 

“Well, there’s no way back.” Minseok grinned and pulling Junmyeon to kiss him silly.

 

Later on, Luhan was more than happy to bring them food because it was Minseok’s birthday (and the closest he could get to a double date). So he dragged Yixing along and filled Yixing’s car with various food that enough to feed them for two days straight and a small and pretty birthday cake (all courtesy of Yixing). He also bought a pair of new sneakers as the birthday gift.

 

Junmyeon felt a lot better, and Minseok was never happier. Before blowing his candles, Minseok closed his eyes and pray for happiness for the four of them, because they are all he had.