Extra 31 - Fear

Detention

a/n: Hellooooooo~ xD

Sorry for not updating fo soooo long, my tablet broke, so I needed to wait until I could get a new one

nyway, problem resolved now! But It's been a long time since i write something

So, this is just a short and simple one

Still hope tht you'll like it tho x)

 

 

 

 

 

On a Saturday morning, Minseok was standing in front of Junmyeon's kitchen cabinet with his hands on his waist and forehead creased, trying so hard to decide what cereal he wanted to put in his bowl that morning. Junmyeon never really cared if he opened more than one box of cereal at the same time, as long as he eat his breakfast, which, he was grateful of, because Luhan told him that his mom only allowed him to open one at a time. Junmyeon himself was still occupying the bathroom doing a morning business, washing his face and brushing his teeth.

 

Minseok was down to two choices of fruit loops or corn flakes when he heard a loud noise from the bathroom and Junmyeon's scream. Without thinking, he hurriedly runs towards the bathroom while letting his brain thinking about all kinds of scenarios of what was possibly happening to Junmyeon. Within the short distance between the kitchen and bathroom in their compact apartment, he tried his best to remember where was the last time he put his phone in case he need to call an emergency help while praying in his heart that Junmyeon was okay, because, bathroom accident could be very dangerous. Once he was standing in front of the bathroom, he started banging the motionless door, "Junmyeon?!" He called out, "Are you okay?" He heard some more noises, but no answer, so he talked louder, "Junmyeon! What happened?!" He was starting to get very anxious. It was the first time for him to be in that kind of situation. He was so used to Junmyeon protecting him, making him felt so safe, living in the bubble Junmyeon created for him, so when the situation was turned around, he felt so scared and couldn't think straight. "Junmyeon!!" He called out for one last time, before the bathroom door slammed open, revealing his boyfriend's face that had turned few shades paler. "What happened?" He asked again, cupping Junmyeon's face and checking whether if there were any blood or cuts, or even bruises, which, fortunately, he found nothing.

 

Junmyeon panted heavily and his eyes were larger than usual, "I--" he tried to talk, and he could see Minseok was waiting for him to finish his sentence with raised eyebrows, "I saw— I saw a lizard!" He finally ended his sentence as well as the mystery of what was actually happening.

 

Confused was such an understatement of what was Minseok feel at that moment. On one side, he felt so relieved that Junmyeon was okay and not hurt anywhere. On the other side, he was kind of surprised of the new found knowledge of Junmyeon's fear of lizard, because he never knew Junmyeon had a fear with lizard, not that it was a bad thing, but being in relationship for months, he thought that he already know everything about his boyfriend. "Lizard?" He asked again, just to make sure.

 

"Yes!"Junmyeon answered, "It's as huge as a dragon!" Well, maybe a little bit smaller than a dragon.

 

Minseok was trying to look inside the bathroom over Junmyeon's shoulder to find the said lizard, but he couldn't see any lizard inside, "I don't see any lizard," He said, still scanning the bathroom as best as he could, "Maybe it's out already."

 

"Out?" Junmyeon wasn't convinced, "Trough where?" He asked again. He would never be convinced that the lizard was out if he didn't see it out with his own eyes, even though that means he had to evacuate to Minseok's apartment until he got in touch with pest control.

 

Minseok then saw a small house lizard wagging its tail under the closet tank just when Junmyeon finished his question, "Oh!" He said and raised his brows while still looking at the said reptile that was not even bigger than his pinky finger, however, that was enough to make Junmyeon jumped out of the bathroom and hide behind the wall.

 

"You see it?" Junmyeon asked, as he bravely poked his head to see the monster. "Where are you going?" He asked when he realized Minseok was walking away from where he was standing two seconds earlier.

 

"Getting some weapon," Minseok answered lightly. Not even a minute later, he came back with a broom and a dust pan and try to find the lizard again before finally found it still hiding behind the closet. He put the broom over the small reptile's body slowly not to crush it and dragged it onto the dust pan while still keep it under the broom. Junmyeon was flat to the wall when he walked pass him as he about to bring the lizard out and letting it go outside. To be honest, he didn't think much about the fact that Junmyeon was scared of lizards, because everyone has their own fear and what not. Surprised? A little. Funny? No. There was nothing funny about someone's fear and such thing should never be used as a joke. That was why he was kind of confused when he found Junmyeon in the kitchen looking sulky and a bit gloomy after he put the broom and dust pan back to their place. "What's wrong?" He asked softly and cupped Junmyeon's cheek. Maybe Junmyeon was still in shock, he thought.

 

Junmyeon pouted a little. Even a man could become a kid in front of their lover. "You must want to laugh at me." He was kind of embarrassed with his own reaction. To be honest, he always wanted Minseok to see him as someone that he could depend on, someone that would protect him from anything and everything harmful, but then, the lizard came.

 

"For what?" Minseok asked again, incredulously this time, "For having a fear? Why would I? To be fair, I have my own fears too, you know that." It was true though, he had his own fears, like, he was afraid of the dark, and it was really bad too. Big storm was also a no no, he would shrink under his blanket covering his ears whenever there was a big storm outside. He was also scared of crows, pigeons, chicken, and all kind of birds. The point is, there was no reason for him to laugh at Junmyeon for being scared of lizard. However, he couldn't lie that he was a tiiiiiiny bit glad. Not because of Junmyeon scared of lizard, but that time, he felt like he could protect and 'save' Junmyeon from something and felt a little bit useful.

 

"But still..." Junmyeon still frowned. He felt so stupid.

 

Minseok giggled and tiptoed while still cupping Junmyeon's cheek and kissed him cutely. "You are still the most perfect man in my eyes." He said, genuinely. "Now, stop being silly and let's have our breakfast already."

 

Maybe it was a small thing, maybe it was stupid, or maybe not. But no matter what, Minseok had made him not feeling ty that morning, so, Junmyeon decided that breakfast could wait and pulled Minseok to spend a couple minutes enveloping Minseok in his arms, whispering 'thank you' and 'I love you' and enjoying Minseok's 'I love you too' right next to his ears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok was taking a nap when Junmyeon tiptoed outside his bedroom with his phone in his hand. once he was out, he scrolled trough his contact list and started to make a call.

"Do you know any good pest control services? I saw a house lizard in my bathroom earlier," He asked the fisrt person he called, "Hello?" He thought the line was cut off when he was answered by silence from the other line.

"What makes you assumed that I know a any pest control at all?" Kyungsoo answered with a question, "And I don't think house lizard considered as pest?"

Junmyeon spent a few seconds to think whether if house lizard was considered as a pest or no and decided that he didn't care, "Well, I was just asking."

"So, is this the first time Minseok find out about your lizard problem?" Kyungsoo asked curiously, which, Junmyeon answered with a hum, "How sis he react?"

"Well, he still love me as much as before," Junmyeon answered, and Kyungsoo could almost hear his smile trough the phone call, which, made him regret that he asked at all.

"I need to take a nap now, just call the other, maybe they know." Kyungsoo quickly cut the conversation.

-

"I'm in New York, and it's midnight here you barbaric human! Now cut the crap and don't disturb my beauty sleep!" Kibum screamed from thousand miles away. Junmyeon was totally for forgot that Kibum was in New York for a short trip, and regreted that he even considered to call him in the first place.

-

Junmyeon could hear Jinki's heavy sighed from the other line, "Hyung?" He called.

"How many cll did you mde before you call me?" Jinki asked.

"Uh.. You are the third one," Junmyeon answered confusedly and became even more confused when he her another sigh.

"Junmyeon... have you even tried to find one from the internet?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I have a phobia with cockroach