Extra 9 - A Day In Life

Detention

a/n: the title explain everything, no plot whatsoever, but fluff!!!

 

 

 

Minseok squinted his eyes as he tried to see the clock on his phone that was blazing on his eyes as if the sun was moved to his room. He woke up earlier than his alarm, which, usually not a good sign for him. The last time that happened, there was this old man trying to flirt with him on his work place, he shuddered at the memory. However, his thought of falling back to sleep was interrupted by the sound of someone in the kitchen, making him decided to just get up for real so he could spend more time with Junmyeon that morning.

 

After taking a quick shower and brushing his teeth (which is important, because /cough/morningkiss/cough/) Minseok dragged himself to the kitchen but halted his step to throw ten pieces (he counted) of fish food to the small aquarium Junmyeon bought for him before making his way to the kitchen. He was greeted by the sight of Junmyeon’s back, who was busy making breakfast. It was so domestic, Minseok thought, and it made him feel warm inside.

 

“Good morning!” Minseok mumbled lazily to Junmyeon’s shoulder as he clung to Junmyeon’s back.

 

“Good morning to you too, precious!” Junmyeon said and pulled Minseok to his side to kissed his cheek.

 

What? He didn’t brush his teeth just get a kiss on the cheek, Minseok thought, so he personally pulled Junmyeon for a proper morning kiss on his lips and grinning from ear to ear when he pulled back, making his round cheek became even rounder. Now that’s what you call a good morning.

 

Junmyeon smiled sweetly at the younger, “Now, this is almost done,” he pointed at the pile of warm pancake next to the stove, “Can you take out the juice and milk from the fridge?”

 

“Sure!” Minseok said cheerfully, pecking the corner of Junmyeon’s lips, before proceeding to take two mugs from the cabinet. Minseok loved mornings. No, he hates morning, but he loves Junmyeon, so.

 

They talked about everything and nothing as Junmyeon made some more pancakes for the two of them. Other than Junmyeon, Minseok also loved blueberries, that’s why Junmyeon always made sure to pour blueberry syrup more than necessary to Minseok’s pancake, and threw a handful of fresh blueberries too. Minseok loves Junmyeon even more.

 

“I can’t pack you lunch, we run out of ingredients,” Junmyeon said as he place a plate full of purple substances in front of Minseok. Of course they would run out of stuffs, because they thought it was a good idea to just stayed at home and being lazy together instead of doing their weekly grocery shop. “I’ll make it up at dinner. Since I have no class today, I’ll bring you to the movie after school and we can eat out after then.”

 

It’s alright, Minseok thought, he kind of missed the disgusting cafeteria food anyway (it was not that bad actually, but he prefer Junmyeon’s cook by a landslide). “Can I choose the restaurant?” He asked.

 

“Yes, as long as it involves vegetables!” Junmyeon said.

 

Minseok loved Junmyeon a little bit less than ten minutes before. “Is it not enough for you to force me to drink milk every morning now you have to make me eat vegetables too?”

 

“It’s good for you!”

 

Minseok was about to talk back when a message from Luhan came, telling him that he was waiting already. Luhan lived two blocks away from their apartment, and he always picked Minseok up every morning so that they can go to bus stop together.

 

“Luhan is here, I have to go!” Minseok said as he stuffed the last blueberry into his mouth and finished his milk quickly.

 

“Be careful! See you at school!” Junmyeon chirped when Minseok running to the front door.

 

“Okay! I love you!” Minseok shouted from the doorstep before flew away outside.

 

Junmyeon chuckled and shook his head, it took Minseok months to get used to say those words, “I love you too,” he whispered.

 

==========

 

Minseok stretched his arm over his head when the bell rang, trying to get rid of the sleepiness from his blood. History was really not his style.

 

“Oh! The prince is here!” Minseok blurted when he saw Yixing poked his head on the door frame. Yixing always pick Luhan up for lunch.

 

Luhan shot him a disbelief look, “Who are you to tease me like that? You literally live next to your boyfriend!”

 

Minseok eyes widen and he was considering shutting Luhan’s mouth with super glue or something. “Shut up! People can hear!” He couldn’t risk anything.

 

“I’m hungry!” Yixing who already stood next to Luhan’s table whined, and they decided to postpone their argument about which couple was cheesier.

 

They joked around as they walked to the cafeteria in the same formation as usual, Luhan in between Minseok and Yixing, and Yixing’s palm rested on the small of Luhan’s back to guide him, because Luhan has this habit of not looking to where he walked when he was busy talking.

 

Luhan and Yixing are really sweet couple, but, thankfully, not disgusting like those other couple who eat each others face on the corridor. Minseok wanted to throw up every time he saw those couples.

 

Luhan and Yixing, in public, are indeed close, enough for people to notice that they were dating. But then again, who wouldn’t know when one of the most wanted boys at school was dating? It was just, there were a lot of students were shocked when they found out that Yixing was dating a guy, especially, Luhan. Because, even though Luhan was really pretty, he wasn’t popular, and he wasn’t really special. Luhan came from a middle class family, he was raised by a single mother, with no sibling, and not really stood out at anything, while Yixing, even though he wasn’t extremely rich, his family was pretty well off and he was also the captain of the dance team, enough to make few dozens of girls and a handful of boys were after him.

 

They first met at the school clinic, a little over a year before, both were having nosebleed. Yixing because one of his friends accidentally punched him on his nose while they were fooling around, and Luhan was because he ran to an inanimate locker. It was love at the first sight on Yixing’s side, because he spent the whole month to stalk Luhan and build up the courage to asked him out. It was cute, and they were inseparable ever since.

 

The line at the cafeteria wasn’t long, fortunately, and the food wasn’t that bad that day, when Minseok peeked on the menu, and decided to have some fried rice, rolled egg and a banana with a can of cola.

 

“Have you returned the future plan sheet yet? Have you decided whether to go to college or no?” Luhan asked when Minseok was about to poke his rice.

 

Minseok shrugged his shoulder, “I don’t know, college needs money, and I don’t want to spend money on something I’m not interested in. But it feels like everyone expecting you to have a degree these days.” Minseok always wanted to be a barista, and once he has enough money, he wanted to open a small café his own, that was his dream. He was thinking about taking barista course for maybe a year or two and working his way to his dream from there. But he was never really sure, because there are a lot of what if-s and going to college seems like a safer part.

 

“What does Mr. Kim said about this? Have you talked to him yet?”

 

Minseok looking around with the corner of his eyes at the mention of Junmyeon, out of instinct, just to make sure that no one heard. Luhan can be really airheaded sometimes. “He said to just do whatever I want to.” He said before shoving a piece of rolled egg to his mouth.

 

“He’s right,” Luhan nodded slowly, “You always want to be a barista, you should go after your dream. Even if you failed, you’ll marry Mr.Kim anyway, he’s rich enough to feed you even if you jobless.”

 

“Shut up!” Minseok was about to throw his banana peel to Luhan when his phone vibrated in his pocket.

 

From: Junmyeon :)

Babe, I’m so sorry! I don’t think we can go to the movie later :(

I have a meeting with the other teachers.

But we can still out for dinner, I’ll pick you up at 7? ^^

 

The text created a sudden frown on Minseok’s face. He was really excited about the movie, because it’s really rare for them to have a free time to go on dates. But he understood, Junmyeon has other responsibilities too.

 

To: Junmyeon :)

It’s alright ^^

I’ll be ready at 7

 

“Is that him?” Yixing asked once Minseok finished sending a reply. Yixing apparently has more sense than his boyfriend to not mention any names at school.

 

Minseok nodded, “He told me we can’t go to movie because he has meeting.” He said without anyone asked, because he knew they would ask eventually.

 

From: Junmyeon :)

Okay, see you at 7!

I love you!

 

Came another reply in less than a minute. Minseok thought he could get used to Junmyeon telling him that he loves him, but every time, it still made his heart skipped a beat and a blush crept to his face. It still made him really happy and couldn’t help but to bit back a smile in a failed attempt to hide his feeling in public.

 

“Awh! Look at you! You really love him, don’t you?” Yixing teased.

 

“Shut up!”

 

The banana peel was Yixing’s then.

 

==========

 

It was almost 10PM when they finally arrived at their (Minseok’s) apartment. The younger already dozed on and off all the ride back, probably too tired or too full or both, which is more likely. Junmyeon decided to stay for a while and made two cup of warm milk tea for both of them as Minseok getting ready for bed.

 

“You haven’t returned the future plan sheet, have you?” Junmyeon asked as he handed Minseok, who was sleepily watching random drama re-run on the couch, his milk tea, before he took a seat beside his boyfriend.

 

Minseok snuggled closer and rested his head on Junmyeon’s shoulder, “No.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know. I don’t know what to write.” Minseok answered after taking a sip of his milk tea.

 

“I already told you to do whatever you want to do. What are you so unsure about? You have me.”

 

Minseok heaved a heavy sigh, it’s not that he was unsure of what he wanted, he just didn’t really feel like being judged by his decision to not taking college. He could careless about what people said about him actually, but the teachers at school probably will put him in a long lecture about the importance of college, and that was what he didn’t feel like dealing with.

 

But then again, it’s his life, so, “Alright, I’ll hand them tomorrow. Tsk! I don’t feel like dealing with Ms.Jung.” Ms. Jung was Minseok’s home room teacher, a woman in early 30s, who was always trying to find an excuse to make him get detention. But that was the good part, the bad part was that woman was always trying to flirt with Junmyeon, making Minseok wanted to burn her hair every time she tried to touch his boyfriend.

 

“You can hand them to me, and I’ll give it to her and say that you consult it with me already.” Junmyeon offered.

 

“UGH!” Was the only respond Minseok gave, because that was how he felt when he imagined how Ms. Jung would flirt with Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon let out a small laugh, knowing what that ‘ugh’ was for. He kissed the top of Minseok’s head that was resting on his shoulder, “I’ll just handed them to her.”

 

“Okay…” Minseok agreed and ended it with a yawn.

 

“Let’s get you into bed.”

 

Junmyeon tucked Minseok under the fluffy comforter just how Minseok liked it and then took a quick check on the AC remote control on the night stand, making sure that the temperature wasn’t too cold or too hot. He didn’t always have the chance to tuck Minseok to bed, because on Minseok’s working days, he always home by midnight. But when he got the chance to, Junmyeon always loved putting Minseok to bed, because sleepy Minseok was the best Minseok. That was when Minseok let all his guard down and look so young and vulnerable, unlike when he was being so careful around people and being tough so no one would bother him. There’s that, and Minseok also looks so cute and his voice became lazier, and sleepy Minseok in the sea of fluffy comforter and pillows was even better.

 

Junmyeon sat on the bed and hovered over his young lover to pant a small kiss on his forehead, the tip of his nose and lingered a little bit longer on his lips, “I love you, good night! Sleep well.” He whispered.

 

The soft click of his door, when Junmyeon closed it sending Minseok snuggled deeper into his pillows and comforter. He sighed as he felt the soft materials under his back. What a nice day, he thought. Everyday with Junmyeon was a nice day, and he couldn’t wait to have another nice day with Junmyeon the next day.

 

Maybe, waking up before his alarm wasn’t really that bad anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: comments!!!!!! only if you want to u_u