Extra 20 - Lesson Learned

Detention

a/n: YOOOOOOOOOOO! this one is..... kinda.... like, i like it, really, but i'm not sure you willLOL

But I hope you still enjoy it tho ^3^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Junmyeon..." Minseok called out softly when he creaked the door into Junmyeon's room open.

 

The older that was happened still awake doing some paperwork while lying on his stomach got confused as he got up to sat on his bed, "Minseok? Why are you here?" He asked, because it was Tuesday night, which means school night, which means no sleepover, and usually Minseok would go straight to his apartment right after work.

 

Minseok stepped into Junmyeon's room while squeezing his fingers, "Can—can I sleep here tonight?" He asked expectantly, "Just—just for tonight." He pleaded.

 

Junmyeon creased his brows in confusion, there must be something wrong happened just by the look of Minseok's face, "What's wrong?" He asked softly and stretched his arms in an inviting manner.

 

Minseok took Junmyeon's hand and let the older pulled him to sit on the bed, "Nothing... I just—I was just having a bad day..." He answered, eyes not looking to Junmyeon and just staring at their intertwined fingers instead.

 

There was no way it was just simply a bad day, Junmyeon could clearly see that there was something more than that. “You don’t expect me to believe that, do you?” He asked patiently, he didn’t want to make Minseok feel like he was being nagged on and make him feel even worse than he already was.

 

“Really, it was just a bad day at work…” Minseok insisted that there was nothing serious.

 

Junmyeon sighed and reached out his hand to Minseok’s cheek and tilted his head softly so that he would  looking at him instead of their hands, “I’m not going to force you to say anything,” his thumb grazing across Minseok’s cold cheek, “But you do know when you have to tell me about something, right?” The younger answered with a small nod to his question, “Even if it’s not now, if you think that I need to know about what happened, then you can tell me later, okay? I hate the thought of you getting hurt and not knowing about it.” Junmyeon wanted Minseok to understand that he wanted to know was because he was worried.

 

“I know…” Minseok answered short and low.

 

“You are tired,” Junmyeon flashed a comforting smile and pulled Minseok to kiss his forehead, “Go to sleep first, I’ll get ready for bed.” He said as he gather all of his papers into a big pile and closed his laptop to put them away so Minseok could lay down and sleep. Later that night, when he watched Minseok breathing steadily in his sleep, he comforted himself by thinking that at least at that time, Minseok was safe with him, and nothing could hurt him. But the curiosity of what was happened kept him awake.

 

It wasn’t long though, until he found out what actually happened.

 

==========

 

“Come in!” Junmyeon answered the knock on his office door without moving his attention from his laptop, and only did so when his guest greeted him.

 

“Hyung.” It was Luhan who was coming. Junmyeon knew all to well that Luhan didn’t address him so at school, and if he did, whatever he wanted to say was surely about Minseok.

 

“Luhan?” Junmyeon finally lifted his head and put down his glasses, “Have a seat.” He said as he pointed to the chair across his table, “Is there anything you want to talk to me?” He asked when Luhan finally seated, but he could see the way Luhan fidgeting in his seat.

 

“Yeah,” Luhan started hesitantly, “Uh—how am I suppose to ask this?” he talked to himself instead, making Junmyeon looked even more confused than before. “Well, I just want to ask… Did—did Minseok told you something about—about what happened at his workplace?”

 

It was the first time for Junmyeon to see Luhan being that serious, and if he really couldn’t wait until school hour is over and instead came to see him during lunch break instead, there must be something really serious going on. “Well, actually he did come to me few days ago and told me that he was having a bad day, but he didn’t tell me why. Did he say anything to you?” He asked back.

 

Luhan bit his lower lip, he looked so disturbed, “He didn’t, actually. But, yesterday, I happened to bump into one of his co-worker, and he told me about something, and I thought, you have—you really have to know about this.”

 

-

 

“Hi! You are Luhan, right? Minseok’s friend that usually come to the café!”

 

Luhan was standing in front of the sea of snacks, hesitating whether if he wanted sweet snack or salty snack or both, “Dongwoo! Hi! Long time no see!” Dongwoo was one of Minseok’s co-worker who was genuinely nice, the boy was really friendly and smiled a lot, Luhan met him several times before when he was hanging out at the café where they work. “How are you?”

 

Dongwoo gave Luhan his big wide smile, “I’m good! What about you?”

 

“I’m good too! It’s so nice to meet you here!” Luhan was happy to see Dongwoo there.

 

However, Dongwoo’s smile disappeared as he asked his next question, “So, how’s Minseok, is he—is he okay?”

 

Luhan creased his eyebrows, why did Dongwoo ask such question? Did something happen to Minseok? And if so, why did Minseok didn’t say anything to him? “I’m sorry, I—I don’t understand, Minseok? Why are you asking whether if he’s okay? Did something happen to him?” He asked worriedly.

 

“He didn’t tell you, did he?” Dongwoo asked a rhetorical question, and sighed loudly, “I knew he wouldn’t.”

 

“What is it?” Luhan getting impatient, “What happened?” He pressed.

 

Dongwoo sighed again, before started, “Few days ago, there was this person, this disgusting old man came to the café, and it just happened Minseok was taking order from him, and—” Dongwoo paused, his usually cheerful face turned into disgusted one, “And this old man tried to—he tried to ‘touch’ him, you know, inappropriately.”

 

-

 

Junmyeon was seeing red once Luhan finished his story, he tried to keep his calm, but everyone could see by the way he gripped the pen in his hand until his nail turned white, to the point Luhan was scared that he would bleed. “Not even I would touch him if he didn’t want me to.” He said in a low whisper. Luhan never seen him like that before, and Luhan could only imagine what Junmyeon would do if he saw the incident himself. “And he actually think that it was okay to just not telling me about this?” Junmyeon asked in no one in particular. He could not understand a thing about Minseok’s decision to not telling him about what happened, and somehow, he became even more irritated if that was possible.

 

“Talk to him, Hyung.” Luhan suggested, as if Junmyeon didn’t have the plan to already.

 

==========

 

Minseok half walking half running when he was going back home after work. Luhan had told him about his conversation with Junmyeon earlier that day, and Minseok just knew that he was going to go back home to a trouble, a really big trouble. He felt guilty, and he would definitely blame himself if Junmyeon was angry towards him, because he thought it was a brilliant idea to just stay quite about it, and thought that Junmyeon would never found out. But reality apparently had a different idea about how everything was going down, he had to apologize, he needed to apologize, that was the only thing in his head that time.

 

Junmyeon was sitting in the living room when Minseok stepped into Junmyeon’s apartment, as if he waited for him to come home, which was not wrong in the slightest. Minseok squeezed his hand as hard as he could in a failed attempt to erase the uncomfortable feeling in his stomach, he felt like he wanted to throw up. “Luhan t—told—me that—that he and you had—had a talk t—today.” He stuttered with trembling lips from the guilt, the cold, and his effort to not cry.

 

“I just don’t understand,” Junmyeon didn’t let Minseok finish whatever he wanted to say, and his eyes was nailed on the muted TV screen instead of Minseok, “You genuinely think, that it was a good idea to not telling me that someone had touched you—” he paused to take a breath, to calm himself down, because the image of someone touching his boyfriend, his boyfriend that he treasured more than anything in his life, inappropriately, made his head boil in anger, “—inappropriately. What were you thinking Minseok? What was that makes me?”

 

Minseok bit his lips hard and swallowed the lump in his throat, “I—I could explain—”

 

“Please do!” Junmyeon cut him again, “Because I can’t think of any proper reason for you to do that. Like, do you know how disturbing it feels for me, the thought of me not knowing that such thing happened to you if not for your best friend, who happened to met you co-worker, didn’t tell me what happened? Why Minseok? Why?”

 

“I—” Minseok wished Junmyeon didn‘t cut him off that time, he kept telling himself to not cry and not to mess everything up more that he already did, “I’m sorry… But I really did think I couldn’t tell you, because—” He was so close to crying, “Because there was this person, who treated me like—like an object, and—and I feel like—I fell like I’m worth less than—I—I just don’t want you know how other people see me, because—because I—I just want you to see the good side of me. I—I’m afraid that you would see me like—” He didn’t got to finish his messy explanation as he let out the first sob that he couldn’t hold back any longer.

 

Just then Junmyeon finally turned his head to see Minseok, when Minseok’s sob brought his sense back. In the middle of the living room, Minseok was standing with his head down and squeezing his gloveless fingers on his stomach, his coat that Junmyeon bought for him was still on and it was wet from the rain, so did his hair, he was crying but he tried so hard to stop himself as he bit his lips so hard. Minseok looked so small and scared, and never in his life, Junmyeon ever felt that bad about something, he couldn’t even explain what he felt when the sight hit his eyes. The next thing he knew was he jumped out of the couch and hauled Minseok in his arms as the younger finally let himself cried on his shoulder. Needless to say, Junmyeon felt like a total jerk, in fact, he did think that he was one. Because he wasn’t trying to understand why Minseok did the thing he does, but he was thinking about his ego, as Minseok’s boyfriend, that was hurt over the fact that Minseok didn’t tell him instead. Not only that, he also made Minseok felt guilty for not telling him, even though Minseok genuinely felt that he couldn’t and not that he didn’t want to.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” Minseok kept apologizing in between his sobs.

 

“No…” Junmyeon hugged the trembling boy tighter in his arms, “No, don’t apologize, you did nothing wrong, it wasn’t your fault,” he could feel the lump that was getting thicker in his throat, “I’m sorry, I was wrong, I shouldn’t do that, I shouldn’t say that to you. I’m sorry baby, I’m sorry.” He pulled away just enough to cradle Minseok’s face with one hand and his other arm still securely wrapped around Minseok’s body. “Oh God! What have I done?” He whispered as he wiped one tear after another from his boyfriend’s cheek. He felt terrible, because not only he failed to protect Minseok like he promised himself he would, he also made him felt guilty for something he shouldn’t. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…” He pulled Minseok back into his hold and kept chanting words of apology even though he knew there would never be enough apologies to change the fact that he had hurt the person he loved more than anything in his life.

 

Minseok finally returned the hug and allowed himself to cry more freely. There was a rush of emotions hit him so hard in the short amount of time, he was scared, and he felt guilty, he was also sad and confused and his small body couldn’t handle everything at the same time his head started to hurt. But he was also happy and felt safe in Junmyeon’s arms, the place he felt the most comfortable in. It took him a long five minutes or so until his sob finally subsided into small sniffles, and he was no longer a trembling mess but still shivering a little from the coldness. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier.” He managed to say with a hoarse voice.

 

Junyeon released Minseok from the hug and cupped his cold and damp cheek, “Please don’t apologize, you did nothing wrong. I was selfish and stupid, I’m the one who should apologize.” He regretted everything he said earlier, but there was nothing he could do to turned back the time. “I’m sorry, baby, I’m sorry…” He kissed Minseok’s cold cheek and hoping that it could make him feel better.  “You are so cold,” He stated, “Are you hungry?” He asked, in which Minseok just gave him a small nod. Of course Minseok would feel hungry, he cried so hard and he probably skipped his dinner too. Wow, he thought, what a horrible boyfriend he was. “Go get a warm shower, alright? I’ll cook something for you.” He then kissed his boyfriend softly, something he should’ve done earlier instead of just snapped at him, “I love you.”

 

==========

 

“Stop it!” Minseok said, the next morning, he was sitting on the kitchen counter, feet dangling in the air while Junmyeon standing in between his knees as the were waiting for their coffee to be ready.

 

Junmyeon raised his eyebrows, “Stop what?”

 

“Feeling guilty.” Minseok answered, arms resting on Junmyeon’s shoulder and fingers brushing the hair on the back of Junmyeon’s neck.

 

Junmyeon just shrugged his shoulder lightly, “I’ll try.” He was still feels guilty of what happened the previous night, and he probably would feel like that for a long time, “I’m such a horrible person—”

 

“You’re not!” Minseok didn’t let Junmyeon continue, “You made mistake, so did I, doesn’t mean that it would make you a horrible person.” He cupped Junmyeon’s cheek with one hand before continuing, “We are still learning, remember?” Junmyeon told him at the beginning of their relationship, that they will learn on how to work that relationship as the time goes and they will learn together. “We need to make mistake, so we know what will work and what will not. I’m fine… I forgive you, and I still love you like I always do, nothing change.” He paused to catch a breath, “So stop feeling guilty, I understand why you did that, part of it was my fault too.”

 

Junmyeon nodded and gave Minseok a small smile, he still feel bad, but knowing that Minseok understand and forgave him already, made him slightly feel better, just slightly. His smile, finally getting wider when Minseok pulled him to a kiss and gave him cute small kisses, the kind of kiss Minseok loved the most.

 

“Are you not going to take me anywhere today?” Minseok tilted his head adorably and divert their gloomy conversation into something that hopefully could cheer both of them again.

 

Right, Junmyeon thought, of course he forgot to think about where to take his boyfriend to a date, “Sorry, I forgot to think about that.” He admitted, “Where do you want to go?”

 

“Uhm… I want to eat brunch and frozen yoghurt!”

 

“Then we’ll go to eat brunch and to the froyo island.”

 

“Can we go to the bookstore too?”

 

“Sure! I want to pick up some books too!”

 

Their conversation went on as they kept adding more places to go one after another. Junmyeon let Minseok do whatever he wanted that day, going to places he wanted to go eat everything he wanted and could eat. Junmyeon can’t be thankful enough to be blessed with someone so understanding like Minseok. He was glad that the hard life Minseok had for basically all of his life made him into a grateful person who will be happy with even the smallest thing instead of turned him evil. And Minseok let Junmyeon spoiled him that day, because he knew, it could make him feel better. There was nothing Minseok wanted other than to made Junmyeon happy again, after all Junmyeo did to him, that was the least he could do to show him that he loved him and that he was also thankful to be able to be with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: So, how was it? It's kinda weird, right xD

maybe because i'm not use to Junmyeon snapped at Minseok or maybe because my brain still damaged from exams

comment if you want to pretty please, have a nice day! ^-^